Modern woman can hardly be surprised by depilation. For many of the fair sex, removing unwanted hair from the body has become quite an ordinary procedure. However, if almost everyone uses epilation of the legs and armpits, then in the bikini zone, only a few people carry out a similar procedure. Meanwhile, more and more beauty salons and studios offer a service called "Brazilian bikini". What is it and how is this procedure carried out?
The Brazilian bikini is nothing more than the deep bikini familiar to many. During the procedure, unwanted hairs are completely removed from the pubis, lower abdomen, labia, perineum, intergluteal folds and inner thighs. In other words, the skin in the intimate area remains absolutely smooth.
Many probably already wondered why this procedure was called Brazilian. The fact is that for the first time a deep bikini began to be practiced in Brazil. Participation in carnivals required from the sultry beauties perfectly smooth delicate skin, as the outfits used were rather provocative.
In 1987, two enterprising girls from Brazilopened their own beauty salon in New York. Among other services was hair removal "Brazilian bikini", although initially it was called a little differently - brazling. The effect so captivated the New York fashionistas that this experience was eagerly adopted by salons in many other cities.
Classic or Deep Brazilian Bikini
In some salons under this name they offer a slightly different procedure, where, as a result of depilation, a thin, barely noticeable strip of hair remains on the pubis. Which option is correct?
In fact, initially the Brazilian bikini suggested just such an option, but over time, many masters began to replace the strip with a pattern, decoration with glitter or rhinestones, and many women even preferred perfectly smooth skin in the intimate area to all jewelry.
Now both options are practiced, so in order to avoid misunderstandings, it is better to ask this question in a particular salon.
How is bikini waxing done
In addition to shaving and chemical hair removal (with cream or lotion), there are several techniques for removing unwanted hair:
- sugar depilation (known by another name - shugaring);
- waxing (wax epilation).
All the presented options differ in the way of influence and have their own advantages and disadvantages. Which one should you choose and should you go for such a procedure at all?
What is sugaring and how is it done
Sugar depilation can be safely considered one of the most popular techniques for removing excess hair on the body. The procedure got its name from the word sugar - “sugar”, since the main consumable here is precisely the viscous sugar paste.
Before the Brazilian epilation of the bikini zone, a stencil with a pattern is applied (if the option with an intimate haircut is chosen). With heavy sweating, the rest of the area is treated with talcum powder for better adhesion of the hairs to the paste. If the client is hypersensitive, you should definitely tell the master about this - he will apply a special local anesthetic to the treated area.
Types of shugaring
Actions are carried out according to one or another shugaring technique - there are several of them.
Manual technique - it is carried out with the help of hands. For this option, medium or high density sugar paste is used. Its advantage is that it is convenient to use it on any areas (including intimate ones) on hairs about 5 mm long. A small ball up to 4 cm in diameter is separated from the paste. If the paste is very dense, it is preheated in a wax melter. The ball is kneaded in the hands to an opaque state. With a massaging movement, the paste is distributed against the direction of the hair, and removed with sharp movements in the direction of growth. When removing, you need to hold the skin at the base with the other hand. One ball can be used to treat a large area of skin
- Manual withapplication. In general, this method is similar to the previous one, however, it requires a very dense paste. It is heated to 35 degrees and applied to the skin according to the principle of manual technique. However, the paste layer is not removed immediately, but left for 1-2 minutes for better interaction with the skin. Remove by hair growth, holding the skin with the other hand.
- Bandage. The advantage of this option is the speed of execution and the possibility of using it on a complex skin relief, but the paste consumption is higher. In this case, the paste is needed soft, it is applied to the skin with a special spatula. The layer should be thin and even, apply it against hair growth. A bandage is applied to this layer (paper or fabric strip for depilation), pressed well and removed with a sharp movement perpendicular to the skin along hair growth.
Advantages and disadvantages of shugaring for bikini depilation
Brazilian bikini sugar waxing has its benefits.
- Long effect. Women who decide to use the service of professional depilation of the intimate area confirm the words of the sugaring masters: the skin remains smooth from 2 to 4 weeks.
- Scrub effect. Sugar paste acts like a scrub and exfoliates dead skin particles.
- Hair growth retardation. Regular clients of salons say that after each shugaring, the hairs grow more slowly and thinner.
- Sugar waxing is less painful than waxing. This fact can be confirmed by many who have tried both techniques.
The only disadvantage of going to the salon is the awkwardness of undressing, but most clients agree that after the first trip to a specialist, everything becomes quite ordinary.
How waxing is done
Before proceeding with the removal of vegetation, it is necessary to decide whether the intimate area will be completely smooth or whether a pattern is provided, as in a classic Brazilian bikini. Customers can choose photos of drawings directly in the salon catalog. If a drawing is used, a stencil is applied to this area and it is not touched during depilation. After the skin is degreased with a special cosmetic and depilation is started in the chosen way. Techniques differ in the type of wax used.
- Warm wax. To perform depilation of the intimate area, the wax is slightly heated so that the temperature of the material is optimal for the skin. Wax is applied in a thin layer (it has a rather fluid consistency), after which a fabric strip is applied and pressed well. Remove the strip in one sure move.
- Thick wax. A distinctive feature of this material is a dense thick consistency. Use this wax for manual hair removal techniques. At the same time, the procedure is in many ways similar to manual shugaring. The wax is applied by hand, and after hardening, the wax strip is sharply removed along with the hairs.
- Wax strips. There is another option for wax depilation - ready-made strips coated withthem with a layer of wax. Before use, the strip is rubbed in the palms, the protective film is removed and the strip is glued to the skin. It should be noted that this option is not suitable for depilation of the Brazilian bikini area. The grip is too weak, and the hairs in this area are much thicker than in other areas.
Wax epilation features
Many young ladies gladly exchanged a razor and hair removal cream for a salon Brazilian bikini. Is it any wonder that such a service can offer a lot of advantages over a home procedure for removing unwanted hair.
- Long effect. Most women explain the choice of waxing as the opportunity to enjoy smooth skin for up to 4 weeks.
- Affordability. This procedure costs significantly less than laser hair removal.
- Saving time. Instead of daily shaving procedures, which take an average of 10-15 minutes, a Brazilian bikini in the salon will take about half an hour.
Among the shortcomings, one can name not only embarrassment in front of the master, but also pain. For this reason, many girls with a low pain threshold prefer sugar hair removal.
How to make a Brazilian bikini at home
Some girls prefer to use shugaring or waxing at home. In fact, this is quite possible, but it has several disadvantages.
- Choice of material. For beginners in this business, it will be quite difficult to choose the optimal material. In addition, salonsthose who care about their reputation use only premium wax and sugar paste. Self-purchasing may be low grade, leading to skin irritation and allergies.
- Duration. The first few times it will be difficult to achieve a good result, it may take a long time.
- Hard to reach places. It is extremely difficult to perform a deep bikini on your own.
Is the Brazilian Bikini Hair Removal Treatment Effective? No wonder, because it was thanks to her that millions of girls and women were able to give up regular shaving and give themselves velvety skin for several weeks. However, the question of whether it is worth using such a service, everyone will decide for themselves.