Face self-massage at home is one of the methods of complex facial care. Through the implementation of the correct massage technique, as well as by doing it regularly, you can achieve good results.
What types of self-massage exist, and what is more from it: benefit or harm?
Facial self-massage: what is the procedure
The self-massage procedure is a good way to rejuvenate yourself a little without surgery. Over time, the face begins to show age-related changes: wrinkles appear, the former elasticity and tone gradually disappear. And in this situation, women begin to use various creams, serums, scrubs to somehow slow down the aging process.
Self-massage of the face allows not only to cope with age-related changes, but also significantly improve the penetration and effect of anti-aging cosmetics. Thanks to self-massage, blood circulation in the capillaries of the face improves, which affects a he althy shade, puffiness disappears, and tone increases.
How often you need to do facial self-massage at home depends on the condition of the skin. The more neglected the situation, the more often you need to carry out a cosmetic procedure.
One of the conditions for a successful outcome is the correct execution technique. A noticeable result becomes visible after 1-2 months.
Before proceeding with the procedure, the face must be prepared: wash and apply a nourishing cream or oil for the skin of the face. Self-massage is carried out with light movements with the help of fingertips. You need to move along special massage lines.
Types of self-massage
Face self-massage from wrinkles at home is possible in several forms.
- Vacuum massage, which is done with the help of special massage jars. To do it, you need to have the necessary knowledge and skills, otherwise injuries are inevitable. This type of procedure has a number of indications: dull skin tone, double chin, dark circles under the eyes, pinched muscles, acne marks.
- Lymphatic drainage. The technique is based on stroking and rubbing. After several sessions, excess moisture and puffiness go away.
- Asahi - Japanese pressure point technique.
- Regular self-massage, consisting of simple stroking and tapping.
Dignity of procedure
Facial self-massage has several benefits that make it so popular with women.
- The procedure is free. You can learn the technique yourself, or you can pay oncetraining courses, and then enjoy it for life.
- Mobility of the procedure. In other words, it can be done anywhere, anytime.
- Efficiency. With conscientious implementation of all the rules of self-massage, you can achieve visible results in a couple of months.
Are there any disadvantages?
Despite the effectiveness and good results of self-massage of the face, it is still not without drawbacks.
- If there are injuries, diseases and inflammations on the face, as well as oncology, you have intracranial pressure, then massaging your face is contraindicated. So the procedure definitely does not have universality.
- At the first stages of mastering the technique of self-massage, care must be taken, as injuries and bruises may occur.
- Waiting for the result. All hardware massages bring quick results that are noticeable after the first session. With home self-massage, everything is different, and in order for the effect to be visible, you will have to wait 3-4 weeks.
Face and neck massage: basic rules
Proper self-massage of the face at home helps to quickly remove toxins from the deep layers of the skin, smooth it out and improve color.
- The first step will be to prepare the face for the procedure. To do this, perform light strokes, and you need to start doing them from the neck. From the sides, it is stroked with the back of the palms, making movements from the bottom up. The front of the neck is stroked from top to bottom, avoiding the thyroid zone.
- From the neck area smoothly into the submandibular region. Her stroking is carried out with the right palm from left to right, and with the left palm - from right to left.
- Next go to the bottom of the cheeks and on the chin. Stroking is carried out from the corners of the lips to the ears, paying special attention to the nasolabial folds. Back of fingers involved.
- The skin of the lips is also subject to massage. At first they are simply "inflated", as if offended, and then they are carried horizontally over them with fingertips, from one corner to another.
- Massage movements of the cheekbones and forehead are also performed with fingertips, starting from the nose and moving towards the temples. From the bridge of the nose move vertically up to the hairline. It is in the area between the eyebrows that wrinkles are more often formed.
As soon as all strokes are done in the order indicated, immediately after they start tapping in the same order and in the same areas.
Japanese type of procedure
Japanese facial self-massage is called "Asahi". It is the most effective among the rest, since its effect has an effect on deep tissue structures, which cannot be achieved with ordinary stroking and tapping on the massage lines.
- First, with the help of the index, middle and ring fingers, light pressure is applied to the center of the ears.
- From the ears with dotted smooth movements down the neck and to the collarbone.
- The three indicated fingers (of each hand) are applied with their entire length to the forehead, and then sharply spread totemple.
- The palms are placed on the sides of the face and gently descend to the collarbone.
- The pads of the middle fingers are placed on the outer corners of the eyes, while straining the temples.
- Slightly move fingers to the inner corners of the eyes.
- The middle and index fingers move to the middle of the chin and hold them at one point for several seconds.
- From the point under the chin, fingers are taken to the corners of the lips, and then to the point above the lip.
Each action is done 3 times.
Acupressure is the effect on the acupuncture points on the skin of the face, which define any organ or system of the body. Such an effect has a direct effect on the condition of the skin of the face, tightens it, improves color, etc.
In point self-massage, accuracy, accuracy and smooth impact are important. Make it with the pad of the middle or index finger. For the entire procedure, you need to go through 7 points. Massage actions are performed in circular motions 12 times in each direction. Spend it as follows:
- Starting from the inner corners of the eyes.
- Next - the outer corners of the eyes.
- After - the outer ends of the eyebrows are treated with massage movements.
- Then - the point between the eyebrows.
- Then they move on to massaging the temples.
- Next, paired points in the sinuses are massaged.
- Next - a point under the nose, between the lips.
- After - a point on the chin.
- Massage hollows in the ears.
- In the final - paired zones above the ears.
The ability to do self-massage of the face and neck is a skill that anyone can master. It is not necessary to have special talents for this, but it is recommended to follow some recommendations for the best result.
- The procedure will be a good preventive method against wrinkles for girls of 25 years of age. Daily self-massage of the face can prevent the early appearance of wrinkles.
- It is recommended to do "kneading" the face either in the morning and in the evening, or only in the evening.
- Pre-facial skin should be cleansed and lubricated with an anti-aging agent or a regular nourishing cream. Applying a cosmetic product to the skin is mandatory, because otherwise the fingers will stretch the dermis, damaging it. So, instead of creams, various types of oils can be used: olive, linseed, sunflower. But for oily skin types, it is better not to use lubricating agents, sebum is already in excess. In this case, you need to powder your face a little with talcum powder or soft baby powder.
- It is necessary to carry out a facial massage, after removing the hair from it. You need to look in a large or medium mirror so that the face is completely reflected and the massage lines can be clearly seen.
- Before massaging the face, be sure to "warm up" it. This is done by gently stroking the skin with the fingertips or their entire length.
- An alternative to stroking canbecome rhythmic tapping on the face. This will bring blood flow to the surface, the face will warm up and be ready for massage movements.
Self-massage of the face at home from wrinkles and other skin imperfections can replace salon procedures. The main thing is his regularity and correct execution of the technique.