The birth of a baby is one of the most important events in the life of a mother, in the life of a family. Relatives and relatives want to quickly congratulate the newly-made parents, give them something necessary or original, which will be useful both in caring for a newborn and will leave a memory of this event. But what exactly? There are a lot of options. What to give a friend for discharge from the hospital? The entire article will be devoted to answering this question. We will get acquainted with the ideas of wonderful presents for mom and baby, advice from moms and real donors. And also consider the options for what to give is definitely not worth it.
Useful gifts for a child
Of course, many consider practical gifts to be the most important on such a date. Here are some options for gifts for a friend to be discharged from the hospital we can offer:
- Baby bath for baby.
- Special underwear for mom to feed the baby.
- Breast pump.
- High-quality hypoallergenic cosmetics for both baby and nursing mother.
- Mattress, bedding, blanket, blanket for a newborn. A great option is a crib organizer.
- Sling, baby pouch, cute flannelette blanket for walking.
- Gift-bound parenting books.
- A set of clothes for growth.
- Changing mattress or table.
- Humidifier for the nursery.
- Night-projector with baby lullabies.
- Baby monitor.
- Nursing pillow.
- Sterilizers, thermoses for milk.
- Baby bath set.
- Toys, rattles for a newborn.
If you have the funds, you can choose more expensive gifts:
- Infant carrier or car seat.
- Washing machine.
If a boy is born…
Here's what a gift for a friend on the occasion of the birth of a son could be:
- A set of clothes for growth. Preferably such tones on which pollution does not stand out. The material must be hypoallergenic, natural, of high quality, easy to wash.
- Mobile, rattles that are attached above the cradle.
- Height meter.
- Water thermometer.
- Hygiene supplies.
- Development mat.
- Thermo mugs, bottles, nipples, if mom approves of such a gift.
- Blender, food processor.
If a girl was born…
And now gift ideas for a friend on the occasion of the birth of a daughter:
- Bodysuit for summer or warm jumpsuit for winter.
- First dress.
- Children's developmental mat.
- Mobile on the crib.
- Silver spoon or silverware set.
- Event engraved pendant.
- Silver-plated comb, which for now you can massage the baby's head.
Bouquet for mom
Of course, the first gift that comes to mind is a gorgeous bouquet of your favorite flowers. But choosing such a gift, it is worth considering the special condition of the woman, the features of the newborn. Therefore, the following requirements are imposed on the bouquet:
- Does not have a strong, pronounced smell.
- No artificially colored buds.
- Not very bulky. Miniature, compact bouquets, cute baskets that are comfortable to hold in your hand will do.
- Packaging made from natural materials. It should not be very shiny or rustling.
Certificate or money?
A certain amount of money in an envelope is one of the most versatile gifts:
- Great option if you don't have a baby and you just don't know what a new mom needs.
- A friend will be able to buy exactly what she needs.
- No risk of giving a copy of another guest's present.
However, many people are embarrassed to accept money as a gift. Or they think sopresent to offenders. Here a great option is a gift certificate to a children's store. There, parents can also pick up everything they need.
We also list ideas for original gifts for a friend on this occasion:
- Dishes, souvenirs, embroidery, paintings, magnets, frames with engraving, inscription or image, reminiscent of the birth of a child.
- Inscribed silver spoon for a newborn, silver dishes.
- Photo album, a diary about the first year of life, which mom fills in for a long memory.
- Child's personal piggy bank (with the first installment included).
- Unusual metric design.
- Baby foot impression kit, beautiful box to store the first strand.
- Original custom-made cake, decorated according to the event.
This is not worth giving…
We looked at original, pleasant and useful gifts for a friend on discharge from the hospital. Let's now look at the list of presents that are not particularly desirable for such a case:
- Dummy bottles with nipples. If a mother breastfeeds a child for a long time, she will not need such gifts. It is important to ask a friend about her plans.
- Scented cosmetics, perfumes, deodorants. Strong, pungent odors are not at all what a newborn needs. In addition, they can easily cause allergies in a baby.
- Diapers. It is widely believed that diaperschoose only based on the weight of the child. But this is far from true. The model may not be suitable for a newborn, and the huge supply of diapers that you gave will simply be useless. Pampers are different for boys and girls. Some babies should choose diapers individually, focusing on their characteristics. Some products cause skin irritation or allergies in a child.
- Money. Quite an individual choice. Someone considers this a way to "pay off". A demonstration that a person did not want to bother with choosing a gift. It all depends on your girlfriend, her attitude to cash gifts.
- Soft toys. They are called "dust collectors" for a reason - the products really attract dust and dirt, so you should not keep them near the baby.
- Candy bouquets. Beautiful and tasty gift. But not for breastfeeding women. Postpartum diets recommend giving up sweets for a while.
- Flowers. If the inflorescences smell strongly, the smell can provoke an allergy in the baby. The solution is to give a non-flowering plant in a pot that will grow and develop with the baby.
- Crafts from diapers. You have probably seen on the net a lot of beautiful options for cakes, toys, prams made of diapers, which are offered as a gift to a new mother. Of course, it looks nice, but it is not suitable for practical use. Don't put a diaper on a newborn without protective wrapping - it's unhygienic.
What to give a friend for discharge from the hospital? Let's analyze the answers of newly-made mothers - what they wanted to receive as a present for this wonderful event:
- Books, manuals on raising a child, especially caring for him.
- Caring cosmetics and accessories: diapers, creams, powders, shampoos, bath foams, etc.
- Towels for newborns - the full height of the child, with a comfortable hood.
- Baby bed linen, comfortable baby cot attachments.
- Soft toy for a long memory.
- Sling, baby feeding pillow.
- Certificate to "Children's World" or another store with a wide selection of supplies for newborns.
- Baby monitor.
- Musical projector nightlight.
- Beautiful blanket for walking, blanket for baby's bed.
- Various quality teats.
- Diary about the first year of a child's life, photo album for a newborn.
- Cosmetics for breastfeeding women, skin care, hair care.
- Rattles (including handmade ones).
- Sterilizer, milk warmer.
- Favorite flowers + money in an envelope.
Opinion of friends
What to give a friend for discharge from the hospital? Now let's get acquainted with the opinion of those who have already congratulated their loved ones. Let's see how they pleased a friend who had just become a mother:
- Envelope with money.
- Silverdecoration for the memory of the event.
- Certificate for a children's store.
- Things for the child to grow in neutral colors.
- Rattles, toys for newborns.
- Educational games for babies.
- Children's cosmetics: powders, shampoos, creams.
- Children's first aid kit.
- UV disinfection lamp for children.
- Bath clothes for newborns.
- Baby monitor.
- Pram collectively donated on behalf of friends.
- Colorful photo album for a newborn.
- A mobile (interactive toy) that hangs over a crib.
- Development mat.
- Bassinet-car seat.
- Bouquet of soft toys for mom.
- Embroidery picture with the date of birth of the child, his weight, height, name, symbolic image of mother and baby.
What to give a friend for discharge from the hospital? The easiest answer to this question is to ask her herself what she really needs. It is also necessary to agree with other guests so as not to bring two, or even more, exactly the same gifts. We hope that our article helped you make the right choice.