Bored hair color or unsuccessful painting is a common problem of modern fashionistas. What to do if a similar nuisance happened to your curls? Waiting for hair to grow back is too long, but you want to look good every day. In this case, a radical measure comes to the rescue - decapitation. This is the removal of dye from the hair. As you understand, the procedure is quite traumatic, since aggressive chemicals are used for its implementation. Very often, hair becomes brittle and dry after washing. Therefore, the question arises of how to restore hair after the procedure.
What is a wash?
Decapitation is also called a wash. The essence of the procedure is to extract unwanted pigment from the surface of the hair. If artificial pigments are used in the painting process to obtain a beautifulcolors, then pickling can be described as the opposite procedure. During it, chemical compounds are used that destroy the pigment and contribute to its rapid removal.
Hair after washing lose elasticity and beauty. The fact is that in the process of decapitation, special agents destroy the bonds between the molecules of the coloring pigment, after which they contribute to the rapid removal of the dye from the hair shaft. Of course, after such processing, the hair does not look the best. In beauty salons, decapitation is used if the client is dissatisfied with the image received or simply wants to change the image. This method should not be used without urgent need, since the hair after washing needs serious care and restoration.
Types of decapitation
Specialists identify three types of washes:
- Natural. In the process of work, completely harmless compositions are used, in which there are no aggressive chemical elements. This type of wash is harmless to curls, but can last quite a long time.
- Acid. To remove the pigment, chemical compounds are used that do not contain ammonia and other harmful components. The procedure is considered gentle. And yet, it causes a slight dryness of the curls, which the course of restoring and nourishing masks will help to cope with. The process of removing unwanted shade is quite fast. In one session, you can lighten your hair by 1-2 tones.
- Bleaching. The most complex and serious wash option. In the process of work, substances based on ammonia, perhydrol and otheraggressive substances. The procedure is very effective because it allows you to lighten curls by four tones. However, hair becomes dull and brittle after washing.
Many women are wondering: is decapitation harmful or not? Of course, chemicals adversely affect curls. After washing, you will need high-quality care to restore hair he alth. At first, the curls suffer significantly from dyeing, and after that the hair is injured by decapitation. It is not easy to withstand all the manipulations of the hair. As a result, the hair turns into dry "straw".
Hair color after pickling
According to reviews, hair often darkens after washing. Why is this happening? After decapitation, the desired effect occurs, the pigment leaves, but literally in a day the curls darken significantly.
This process is explained quite simply. The pigment was not completely removed from the hair, but partially. Broken connections were partially restored, so the curls darkened. To achieve a lasting result, decapitation must be carried out several times. The pigment must be completely neutralized.
In order to stabilize hair color after washing, professionals recommend fixing the procedure with toning. The use of tonics allows you to solve several problems at once:
- Particles of tinting substances are embedded in broken pigment bonds and prevent their recovery.
- Tonics cover the hair and prevent the influence of the external environment.
- As part of tinting agentscontains natural ingredients that help restore hair after washing.
- Dark tonics will shade sections of curls, making defects invisible.
In order to check whether the pigment is completely removed or not, you do not need to wait a day. A quick test can be done with oxilane or any other oxidizing agent. It must be applied to the strand and look at the color change. If areas of a dark color appear, this means that the dye is still present in the structure of the curls, so it is necessary to continue washing. Not a single master will tell you for sure what hair color you will get after washing. Most likely, one procedure will not work.
Dark hair after pickling
Very often it is dark curls that are subjected to decapitation. Therefore, women are interested in what black hair will look like after washing? The color is very difficult to remove. Black pigment is the worst removed from the structure of curls. It is very difficult to work with him, as evidenced by the reviews of the masters. After washing, the black hair color will turn into chocolate. If you want to get a lighter shade, you will have to decapitate again. But it is worth remembering that each subsequent procedure will be a huge stress for your hair. To minimize the negative effects of washing, it must be carried out in a salon. You should not abuse decapitation so as not to lose your hair.
Which hair after washing?
Decapitation has a serious impact on the structure of curls. The most common consequences of the procedure:
- The appearance of an unpleasant smell of curls due to the use of chemicals.
- Hair loss.
- Yellow shade of hair.
- Brittle and dry hair.
Unpleasant smell gradually disappears. But dryness and brittleness will have to be treated with masks and other means. As for hair loss, this is the most severe consequence that occurs when the procedure is not performed correctly at home.
Can I immediately dye my hair after pickling?
Many women wonder: is it possible to dye hair after washing? After all, every girl, dissatisfied with the color, intends to immediately repaint it. Experts do not recommend doing this. Any wash causes significant damage to your curls, so staining after decapitation is a taboo. Hair after the procedure becomes brittle, their structure is disturbed. Coloring will not give the desired result, since the pigment will not stay on the curls. Hair color may be uneven. In addition, any paint contains aggressive substances that will cause even more damage to weakened hair.
Experienced craftsmen recommend using more gentle ways to update the color after decapitation. For example, you can tone your hair. This method is used in beauty salons. Toning gives a soft shade to the curls with the help of natural compounds. Dyes simply envelop the hair and do not penetrate inside.
Therefore, wondering how to dye your hair after washing, you should pay attention to tinting products such asfoams, shampoos, balms and more. Such substances will not harm curls. And to fix the effect will help lamination, which can be carried out even at home. Sometimes henna is used to give the hair a shade. But with it, too, you must be careful not to get an unexpected color.
In addition, it is not recommended to lighten hair after washing, as such paints will greatly damage the already weakened curls. There is a high risk of obtaining a non-uniform shade due to the partial removal of the pigment. It's no secret that sometimes decapitation needs to be repeated.
According to reviews, the hair after washing becomes dull, lifeless and very dry. The reason for such changes lies in the fact that decapitation noticeably weakens the hair shaft, depriving it of keratin and nutrients. To correct the situation, it is necessary to carry out a number of recovery procedures:
- Innovative methods of restoring the he alth and strength of hair (shielding, lamination, keratinization).
- Home treatments - regular use of nourishing natural masks, cosmetics and oils.
- Additional measures - wear hats, avoid blow-drying, eat he althy.
Any beauty salon offers a wide range of treatments to restore damaged hair, which are designed to fill the curls with energy, nutrients, and speed up the regeneration process. In the process of work, the masters use new compositions and a speci altechnology, thanks to which keratin and beneficial substances penetrate the hair shaft and remain there for some time.
Among the most effective procedures are:
- Keratinization. During the procedure, weakened hair is filled with keratin, which makes your curls strong and elastic, protecting them from external influences.
- Lamination. The procedure involves the treatment of strands with a nutrient composition with proteins, after which it is “sealed”. Thus, beneficial substances exert their influence on the hair, and a strong film holds them for some time, preventing them from quickly evaporating, and protects them from the influence of external factors.
- Shielding. The procedure is very similar to lamination. Only in the process of work, vitamin substances penetrate deep into the hair shaft. A nice bonus is not only strong shiny hair, but also a light shade.
- Haircut with hot scissors. This procedure is designed to get rid of split ends and prevent their further occurrence. After cutting, the strands are much less tangled and recover faster. It is very important to choose the right temperature for the procedure, depending on the structure and condition of your curls. Otherwise, there will be no positive result.
Experts note that in order to obtain an impressive lasting effect, salon procedures for hair restoration must be carried out in courses, repeating themevery three to four months. Many women cannot afford such care due to its significant cost. In this case, you can use home remedies to restore hair after washing.
The second part of hair restoration is home care. It is necessary even if you have undergone salon procedures. Homemade masks, plant extracts and natural oils are the best allies for restoring the he alth of your curls. It is they who help to renew the strength of the hair, replenish the reserves of nutrients, minerals and vitamins at minimal cost. As a result of their use, you get shiny and elastic strands.
Home restoration does not give such a quick effect as salon procedures. But still, simple tools are also good to use. True, you will not notice the effect of their use immediately. Experts recommend using the following masks:
- Honey. The main component is honey, which fills the hair with vitamins and nutrients, and also glues disheveled scales. The mask is incredibly easy to make. Lemon juice and natural liquid honey are mixed in equal parts in a container. We apply the nutrient mixture along the entire length of the hair. The mask must be kept on curls for at least 30-40 minutes. For greater effectiveness of the procedure, the hair must be wrapped with polyethylene, and then put on a cap. After the mass is washed off with water without using shampoo.
- Gelatin. It's no secret that gelatin is considerednatural collagen, so for damaged and lifeless hair, it is a good helper. To prepare the mask, you need to take a tablespoon of gelatin and add it to warm water (50 ml). The mass must be stirred until completely dissolved. If necessary, the liquid can be heated. After cooling, it is worth adding a few drops of vitamins (A, E, B12) to the mass, as well as 10 drops of any plant extract. The prepared mixture is applied to clean hair for twenty minutes. A cap is put on the head and wrapped with a towel. After the mass is washed off with cool water. Women note the amazing effect after gelatin treatment.
- Kefir. Everyone knows that kefir is rich in protein and calcium, which are very necessary for hair after decapitation. To prepare the mask, you need to mix kefir (100 g) and aloe juice (10 drops). We apply the resulting mass to the curls, put a hat on the head and wrap it with a towel. After thirty minutes, the mask can be washed off.
The effect of using homemade masks is cumulative. The longer and more often you use them, the faster you can restore your hair. It is recommended to make masks every 3-4 days. The restoration of curls usually takes about two months. In the process of home care, do not use products that you are allergic to. Otherwise, you risk irritation and redness.
After washing, you can use compositions of oils that are rich in useful acids, vitaminsand minerals.
You can please your hair with vitamin cocktails from sesame, coconut, as well as castor and burdock oils. Each time you can make different compositions and experiment by adding liquid vitamins. The effect of using oils is noticeable after the first application. The combination of masks and oils gives an excellent result.