Properly done eye makeup will certainly draw attention to the lady. To perform a make-up, it is important to correctly apply shadows. They should emphasize the eyes and, if necessary, correct their features. To do this, it is necessary to choose a method for applying shadows, taking into account the type of face, the size of the eyes, the range or proximity of their landing. It is also important to choose the technique and color scheme for makeup in accordance with the purpose for which you are going to do it.
What do you need to apply shadows?
To perform eye makeup, you need three components. The first and most important thing is, of course, the shadows. Before applying them, you need to spread the foundation over the eyelids. But it is better to use shadows with the help of brushes. And there should be several of them. But first things first.
The cosmetics market is quite extensive. And every woman can choose the right and suitable shadows. Their spectrum is wide. Shadows are of the following types:
No matter whatcolor scheme you will do makeup. Shadows should be three options:
- Basic shade. This is the main color in eye makeup.
- Light shade. It should be, accordingly, several tones lighter than the base. Depending on the color palette, it is quite possible to opt for white.
- Marker. It needs to be darker than the base shade.
The main point when choosing a palette should be the following: all colors should be combined with each other.
Its other names are base, primer. Many, performing eye makeup, consider it unnecessary to apply the foundation under the shadows. But it will not be possible to perform a make-up without it. The fact is that thanks to the base, all the folds and wrinkles on the skin are filled, which allows the shadows not to roll or crumble.
As already mentioned, you need to take several of them. To be more precise, you will need three brushes for applying shadows:
- flat with long pile;
- large fluffy for shading;
- thin with elastic bristles for eyeliner.
Brushes are also sold with a shadow palette. But the applicators enclosed in the box apply shadows too tightly. High-quality makeup is best done with separate brushes.
There are many variations of makeup. Among the traditional techniques, the following are distinguished: classical, horizontal, vertical and diagonal. A variety of methods for applying shadows on thisdoes not stop. Among the most popular modified techniques, consider the following: "banana"; "bird"; smoky eyes; "cat's eye"; "double arrow".
The classic way
This is the simplest eyeshadow scheme that is perfect for everyday makeup. The advantage of this technique is that it is universal. You just need to choose the color scheme that suits your eyes.
This version traditionally uses three colors. Consider the features of the classic application of shadows on the eyelids step by step. The scheme consists of two stages.
The first stage. Upper eyelid shaping
- Under the eyebrows it is necessary to apply shadows of a light shade. We draw the corners of the eyes as follows. We also use light shadows for the inner corner, dark ones for the outer corner.
- There is a small rule when decorating corners. The use of shadows depending on the fit of the eyes. There are nuances of applying makeup depending on the type of eyes. For those who have them close-set, it is better to make the inner corners light. Conversely, wide-set eyes should be shaded.
- Apply the main shade of shadows to the entire moving eyelid.
Don't forget about one more important rule that must be observed when doing eye makeup. The boundaries of the transitions between shades of shadows must be carefully shaded
Second stage. Lower eyelid shaping
If you do daytime makeup, then you can not let it down.
To create an evening version, draw an arrow along the lash line of the lower eyelid with the shadows of the base color. Don't forget to blend the borders.
The classic make-up for the impending century
The scheme for applying shadows for the impending century is exactly the same as in the technique described above. Three shades of shadows are also used. But still, in daytime makeup it is better not to use darkening. But in the evening you can try to make an accent. Only it should not be too dark shades of shadows, as they can create the effect of excessive overhanging of the eyelid.
An unusual and interesting option would be to emphasize the fold. Apply dark shadows on it with a thin line. This will help to give depth to the look, and the drooping eyelid will visually look raised.
Make-up artist spreads paint over the entire eyelid using a vertical eyeshadow pattern. Eye makeup designed in this way will look great on girls with a narrow cut. Such a make-up is highly undesirable for ladies with a convex and rounded eye shape.
- Conventionally divide the eyelid into five vertical parts.
- Highlight the area near the inner corners with white shadows.
- Now, moving to the outer corners, apply shadows from the lightest shade to the darkest one on each zone.
- Smudge transitions between colors.
Diagonal eye makeup style
Similar to the technique described above: also the shadows are distributed vertically. Butthere is also a difference. Shadows are applied at a slight angle of inclination towards the temple. Who is it suitable for? Like the vertical eyeshadow scheme, the diagonal one looks great on deep-set eyes.
- Divide the eyelid into five zones.
- Moving from the inner corners to the outer corners, apply shadows from light to darker shades.
- Don't forget to feather the borders.
The effect that this method of applying shadows creates is amazing. Due to the arrangement of shades at an angle, the outer corners visually look raised.
Horizontal shading pattern
This technique is based on the creation of horizontally elongated light and dark areas that smoothly transition into each other due to the careful shading of the borders. With the help of such makeup, you can visually make the incision wider. To pay attention to this method of applying shadows is for girls with regular or deep-set eyes. This make-up looks great on a convex and round shape.
- First of all, you need to highlight the inner corners of the eyes with white shadows or concealer.
- Underline the eyelash growth line with a dark pencil or eyeliner.
- The scheme for applying eye shadow on the eyelids in a horizontal way is as follows: you need to mentally divide the eyelid horizontally into three zones. These will be the following areas: mobile, crease of the eyelid and under the brow.
- Apply shadows in the indicated sequence of zones. First the main shade, then -dark, and finally - the lightest color.
Bird eye makeup
Another unusual way of applying shadows, which also has an unusual name. The shadows applied in this technique resemble the spread wings of a bird. This method has another name - "wing". Using the "bird" technique, you can lift the outer corners of the eyes. It suits everyone.
- Highlight the inner corner of the eye with either white shadows or the lightest shade in the selected palette. You can also use a highlighter for this.
- Color the central area of the moving eyelid with shadows a tone darker.
- Decorate the outer corner with a darker shade from the color scheme.
- Last step: drawing the bird's wings. To do this, draw the letter V with the shadows of the darkest tone. Its base is on the outer corner. The wings themselves are arranged as follows: one is on the eyelash growth line, the other is on the crease of the moving eyelid.
- Smudge the borders towards the temples.
How to apply banana eye shadow?
This method received such an unusual name due to the fact that the make-up resembles this fruit. Makeup according to the scheme of applying shadows "banana" is suitable for owners of different eye shapes. The only thing: it is important for ladies with big eyes not to overdo it. But small ones can be visually made larger.
- Start makeup from the center of the movable eyelid. Apply in a circle shapethis area of the shadow of a light shade.
- The next step is to decorate the zones to the left and right of the circle. This means that from the center to the inner and outer corners, you need to apply shadows one tone darker.
- The corners themselves, as well as the crease of the eyelid, are made in the darkest shade from the selected color palette. Blend the borders of the tones.
- The last thing to do is to round the corners of the upper and lower eyelids. It is at this stage that eye makeup begins to resemble a banana. After applying the shadows, blend the transitions between the shades again.
It's probably not an exaggeration to say that this is the most popular eyeshadow technique. It is mainly used for evening make-up, but in the daytime it is rare. The popularity of smoky eyes is due to the fact that it suits almost everyone. The look with this makeup becomes very expressive and attractive.
Smoky eye shadow application scheme is as follows:
- First, a pencil is used. Outline the upper and lower lash lines with it. There should be no gap between the cilia and the skin of the eyelid. Carefully blend the line.
- Apply a dark shade over the entire surface of the moving eyelid.
- Apply shadows of gray or graphite above. They should be applied starting from the outer corner of the eye and moving towards the inner one.
- In the crease between the moving eyelid and the fixed area, apply skin-colored eye shadow. Blendtransitions.
- Having finished the design of the upper eyelid, on the lower eyelid, on top of the dark line already drawn on it, apply shadows of light or flesh tones. Makeup is finished. Since smoky eyes are for a night out, you can add shadows with a shimmery effect.
Cat's eye technique
The name of the make-up corresponds to the effect created thanks to this application of shadows. Properly executed make-up makes the eyes look like a cat. At the same time, they visually look rounded and as if stretched, slightly slanted.
"Cat's eye" is perfect for creating an evening look. With the correct placement of accents in applying shadows, this technique can be used step by step by every lady. That is why there are several options for this method. But you can highlight the main accents when performing the "cat's eye".
- With the lightest shadows, paint over the entire area of the upper eyelid, including the area under the eyebrows.
- Apply a darker tone to the moving eyelid.
- A distinctive feature of this makeup is the mandatory presence of arrows. Draw them better with liquid or gel eyeliner. Arrows start from the inner corner and pass through the entire eyelid. The tip of the arrow extends slightly beyond the outer corner of the eye.
Double Arrow Technique
This eyeshadow scheme is suitable for the impending century. It will help to highlight the eyes.
Shadows of dark shades are necessarydraw two lines, that is, two arrows. One of them is located along the growth of the upper eyelashes. Draw another line along the natural crease of the eyelid. After you draw both arrows, connect them at the outer corner of the eye.
Double arrow is an evening make-up option. But if you use shadows of neutral shades, then it is quite possible to try it for a daytime make-up.
Eye makeup is varied
As you can see for yourself, there are a lot of make-up options for emphasizing the eyes. All you need is brushes, an eyeshadow palette and the desire to become more beautiful and beautiful. Experiment with different eyeshadow patterns and find your perfect one. After all, correctly placed accents in eye makeup will emphasize them favorably.