Ombre on long hair will help to create a stylish and attractive image for any female representative. That's probably why Hollywood stars wear it so often.
What is ombre?
Many girls really like the effect of burnt strands, so in the summer they try to be in the sun as often as possible in order to achieve the desired result. However, such curls are very easy to obtain with the help of an ombre, which is also called "summer coloring". This procedure is able to give the female image freshness and charm, as well as visually make the hairstyle more voluminous. Ambre looks good on long, medium and short hair. Properly chosen, it will decorate the hair of any girl.
The history of the staining method
For the first time, Californian surfers introduced the ombre fashion. While doing this sport, the girls spent a lot of time under the sun. Their hair partially burned out due to exposure to scorching rays, and then, when the roots grew, a smooth, beautiful transition was obtained from dark to light. This was quickly noticed by stylists. So a new type of hair coloring appeared -ombre.
After a similar effect experienced by most Hollywood stars, the popularity of the procedure has increased significantly. She began to enjoy success not only with women, but also with men with long hair. Besides the fact that the ombre gives you the opportunity to experiment with color, it also helps to save on hairdresser services. After all, having once painted the lower part of the hair, you should not worry that the roots will grow back and you will have to repeat the entire procedure.
What are the types of ombre?
The versatility of this style is its main advantage. The effect of "solar strands" will suit any type of hair, however, girls with large curls of curls should be especially careful when coloring.
There are the following types of ombre:
- classic (smooth transition, which combines two tones, mostly natural colors are selected, ranging from light brown to coffee);
- reverse (the execution technique is the same as in the first version, but here a light shade is applied to the roots, and the ends of the hair are dyed darker);
- transverse (gradual transition from a light shade to a brighter one, most often achieved with highlighting and further shading);
- sharp (the name speaks for itself, since the transition between two saturated colors should be noticeable);
- color (fantasy technique, because you can choose any color, even the most unusual, pink and purple ends look good on fair hair, and blue and green on dark hair).
Colouring recommendations for hair of different lengths
There are different color options for women with waist-length hair and girls with shoulder-length haircuts.
- Amber on long hair will look good if you use transverse coloring. Three tones are used here, ranging from dark to light. Moreover, the transition line between them should be tried to be made less noticeable. Ambre looks interesting on long hair with bangs, which are either left the same color as the root zone of the head, or partially dyed.
- Medium length hair needs a classic look. The roots remain dark, and somewhere from the temples or a little higher, the hair is made light. You can add asymmetry here by painting individual curls in "blonde" tones.
- Short strands need to be highlighted with paint almost from the roots, since it is more difficult to create an ombre effect for them. However, a smooth transition can also be made on such hair, the main thing is that it be early.
Successful haircuts for owners of the ombre effect
According to the advice of stylists, a cascade is suitable for girls painted using the ombre technique. This haircut is done in tiers. With its help, the curls on which the paint was applied will shine and shimmer in different colors. The classic ombre will also emphasize the elegant shapes of the bob and bob haircuts. For those who like short strands, balayazh is a style of "summer coloring" that is created by applying wide strokes. So the transitions will become invisible, and the curls will be shining, althoughamber - dyeing for long hair - in any case, it will look more interesting.
Ombre combined with different hair colors
Most often, fair-haired girls belonging to the spring color type do this procedure. Mostly they have a golden skin tone and gray or blue eyes. For coloring, they can recommend warm colors, but in general, blondes will go for any of the types and colors of ombre. This will only emphasize their femininity and attractiveness.
Ombre on long blond hair will create the effect of "summer coloring" and will look very natural and natural. People around will think that this is the natural hair color of their owners, which only burned out in the sun. So, girls with light brown curls can also experiment with ombre. You can try using contrasting shades, which, with the help of a play of colors, will add courage and looseness to the image.
Ombre on long black hair will emphasize the beauty of their owner. For girls with the "winter" color type, whose hair has resinous shades, the classic coloring option is suitable. When transitioning, you need to use only natural tones. They can be coffee and hazel or chocolate and wheat. The main thing to remember is that only two shades should be combined with each other. Thus, ombre on long dark hair will help girls bring something new to their image.
Hair coloring treatment
In a beauty salon orhairdresser, before painting the head in the ombre style, the strands are first carefully prepared for this. Then the master, guided by the color type of the hair, will talk about the types of this coloring. In case of doubt or ignorance of what is best for the image, ask for a classic version.
Next, you need to show the master where the transition to a lighter or darker color should begin. It is best to place it lower. Then it will not seem to anyone that these are just regrown roots, and a smooth transition will look especially good.
The last step towards achieving the ombre effect will be the choice of paint, the color of which should be different from the native. Here everything already depends on the length of the hair: the longer the curls, the lighter the ends need to be made. This solution will help you easily achieve a smooth transition. Dyeing amber on long hair will give the image romance and tenderness.
How to dye your hair yourself?
In order to color with an ombre effect at home, you must have auxiliary materials:
- comb with rare teeth;
- a special brush to help apply paint;
- foil (you can take food), cut into equal squares about 10x10 cm;
- cellophane gloves to keep hands clean;
- elastic bands or special clips;
- hair dye.
Before you start dyeing, you need to comb the curls. It is desirable that they were not very clean. Next, they must be distributed into strands of the same thickness, as it is convenient for anyone, and secured with rubber bands orclamps. Then take the paint and, after carefully reading the instructions for it, mix the main components.
The ends of the strands should be separately dyed for 5-7 cm in length. Then wrap them in foil and wait 5-10 minutes. If desired, the exact time can be calculated based on the instructions for the paint. You should also consider what the height should be before the transition. After that, the hair is taken out of the foil, and paint is applied to them again. Here you already need to take 10 cm from the end.
The whole procedure, followed by an increase in length, is carried out somewhere else 3-5 times, and then the composition is finally washed off from the strands. The last time you should not keep the paint on your hair for more than 5 minutes. Do not forget to comb the strand after staining, so the composition will be smoothly applied to neighboring curls. Now it’s clear how to dye amber on long hair.
Ombre Hair Care
During the dyeing process, the hair was exposed to the harmful chemical effects of the bleach, so you need to take care of them with special care:
- the first time after the procedure, use special tonics to keep the color at the ends;
- regularly make masks for your curls, after washing your hair, use special balms that nourish your hair;
- try not to use a hair dryer (only if absolutely necessary), dry your curls naturally;
- in the summer, try to hide your hair from the scorching rays of the sun, covering your head with a scarf or panama, and in the springand in the fall, drink special vitamins for hair restoration;
- lubricate the ends of the strands with nourishing oils before washing your hair;
- Use a natural bristle brush when brushing your hair.
Advantages and disadvantages of "summer coloring"
Ombre hair coloring has its pros and cons. The procedure has the following positive aspects:
- gives you the opportunity to change your image and stay in a new image;
- classic coloring option allows hair to look natural;
- suits almost all women, regardless of their age;
- helps many to correct facial imperfections, for example, smoothes too protruding cheekbones;
- does not require constant visits to the hairdresser and beauty salons;
- colored ends can be easily cut if desired, while the roots remain he althy.
Negative moments will be as follows:
- ambre on long, medium and short hair will look bad if the strands have been repeatedly dyed before, they are weakened and dry;
- at home, ombre is quite problematic and difficult to perform;
- coloring curls in the salon is not a cheap pleasure.
Cost of the procedure
Many are wondering how much does ambergris cost for long hair? The price of this service in all salons will vary: long curls can stainfor about 7 thousand rubles, taking into account blonding, medium strands - for 3 thousand, and short ones - for 1.5-2. Also remember:
- The brand of paint and its types are very different, so usually, if it is of high quality, then it costs accordingly, although it all depends on the advertising of the brand.
- The skill level of the master is also important, because if he is a well-known stylist and his services are in demand, then the price will be decent.
- It also depends on the degree of complexity of the procedure, since the client can choose, for example, classic coloring or want something extravagant and unusual in terms of color.
Many women like ombre because it helps to highlight light or dark hair in the right places. This is a kind of compromise between a brunette and a blonde for those who do not dare to completely repaint or change their native color. You can not be afraid of dry tips, if you then properly care for them. The risk of damaging the strands is minimal. "Summer coloring" will look beautiful if you do styling in waves or curl curls.
Some girls who have dyed their hair blonde for a long time believe that ombre is a good way out of blonde. After all, while the roots grow, the ends can be slightly tinted or make a smooth transition from their color to the already colored strands. Then someone, gradually cutting their hair, returns to a natural tone, and someone begins to like ombre. This effect looks especially good.on light brown hair, because others take it simply for strands that have been burned out in the sun. Everything looks very natural and natural.