Do you know that the Egyptian queen Cleopatra also tried to create a mixture to remove the hated hairs on the body? The wives of the sultans in the harems also tried to find the cherished recipe, mixing resins, honey, and various herbs. The fashion for a beautiful, perfect body appeared many years ago, but even today girls do not stop asking themselves: how to achieve absolutely smooth skin?
What is enzymatic hair removal?
Epilation is a method of influencing not just the hair, as in the depilation procedure, it is aimed at destroying the follicle itself and the hair follicle. As a result of the procedure, the hair first weakens, loses its color, becomes brittle, and then stops growing altogether. Such procedures are carried out in salons by a specialist with a diploma and a certificate of obtaining the appropriate education.
Types of hair removal:
- Enzymatic hair removal.
We will focus on only one type - enzymatic hair removal. This method of hair removal appeared relatively recently, but has already managed to win the favor and recognition of bothconsumers and beauty professionals alike. Enzymatic medical hair removal will help you quickly and effectively get rid of unwanted body hair. It should be noted that hair removal is not always a safe process, moreover, it is often painful. Enzymatic hair removal can protect you from most problems and discomfort.
What's the point?
The essence of the method is the use of special substances - enzymes (papain and some others), which, when exposed to the skin, rid it of all vegetation. The process of complete hair removal takes place in several sessions. A huge advantage of this procedure is that the composition acts on all hair follicles, even those that are in the process of sleeping.
What are enzymes good for?
Enzymes are completely harmless to our body. They have a unique ability not only to stop hair growth, but to destroy the bulb itself. These tiny substances act on the protein structure of the hairline and destroy the keratin contained in it, without which the hair cannot exist. Its molecules break down and it falls out.
A few days before the session, you are invited to the salon for an individual and correct selection of the enzyme-containing composition. A small amount of the cocktail is applied to a skin area (for example, on the crook of the elbow or wrist) and the reaction of the skin is observed. This is done to check for an allergic reaction to the components of the formulation.
To the appointedthe day before applying the enzyme-containing cocktail, you will undergo a skin cleansing procedure and treat it with an alcohol-containing lotion. Next, a professional epilation paste is applied with massage movements. For better penetration of enzymes into the skin, a film is used, on top of which a thermal bandage is placed.
Special electrodes are used for intimate and axillary areas. Surface heating occurs evenly. After that, with the help of a thermal epilator, the epilated area is additionally heated. After removing the entire composition and special devices, you will undergo a hair removal procedure with wax (waxing) or do it with sugar paste (sugaring) to cleanse the skin of dead hair. The session ends with the application of soothing ointments to moisturize the skin, as well as slow down hair growth. The whole process takes no more than an hour. As a result of the procedure, the hair becomes thin, brittle, light and gradually dies off.
In hair removal, it is the heating of the skin with the help of special professional equipment that plays a huge role, without which the cocktail would not be able to cope with the task. This method is great for any part of the body, even enzymatic hair removal of the bikini and its deep zone is possible. The only exception is the face area due to its increased sensitivity and the possibility of getting burned.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to limit yourself to one procedure, you can achieve the maximum effect only after several sessions (usually sixseven). Re-enzymatic hair removal is carried out no earlier than after three to four weeks.
Procedure at home
Often, girls have a question about how enzymatic hair removal is carried out at home. Is it possible? Theoretically, you can do it. Enzymatic hair removal at home will consist of the following steps:
- Purchase of special cocktail and equipment.
- Skin Cleansing.
- Degreasing the skin.
- Applying the enzyme formulation.
- Use film to create extra vacuum.
- Imposition of a bandage with the effect of warming up the treated area of the body.
- Heating the surface with a thermal epilator.
- Removal of hairline with wax or sugar paste.
- Cleansing the skin area with oil solutions.
- Applying a moisturizing formula to prevent hair growth.
Thus, for the home procedure you will need:
- Lotion for skin degreasing.
- Enzyme cocktail.
- Film to cover the treated area.
- Special bandage.
- Voskoplav or means for warming up wax for a couple.
- Wax or sugar paste.
- Oil solution or body butter.
- Skin moisturizer and hair growth retardant.
Enzymatic hair removal - the procedure is not very complicated, but only for a person with experience. In addition, the choice of the drug, as well as the technique of its applicationcarried out using special technology. Enzymatic bikini hair removal at home can be extremely dangerous. Therefore, in order to avoid complications and causing any harm to he alth, it is better to refuse to carry out the procedure on your own. We advise you to contact a professional cosmetologist with a medical education.
Indications for conduction
- Skin sensitivity.
- Increased amount of hair.
- Ingrown hair.
- Intolerance to other methods of depilation and epilation.
But, like all methods, it has its contraindications:
- Carrying and breastfeeding.
- Any chronic disease.
- Diabetes of any type.
- Varicosis (if hair removal is planned in this area).
- A bleeding disorder.
- Allergy and individual sensitivity to cocktail ingredients.
- Oncological diseases.
- Wounds and inflammation (if hair removal is planned in this area).
Skin care after treatment
For two or three days you will have to limit your activities. Not recommended these days:
- visit the pool, bath, sauna, open water to avoid getting any infection;
- sunbathe on the beach and visit the solarium; If you stay in the sun for a long time, you must use sunscreen with a high degree ofprotection to avoid skin pigmentation;
- try to remove the remaining hairs;
- it is advisable to use a special cream designed to moisturize the skin after epilation.
Pros of hair removal
The advantages of hair removal, perhaps, can satisfy even the most demanding consumer:
- Painless procedure. During the session, even the owner of sensitive skin will not feel any pain. There may be a slight tingling in the affected area.
- Her versatility. Enzymatic hair removal is perfect for owners of both light and dark skin, both blondes and brown-haired women. It is worth noting that many hair removal methods cannot cope with blond hair or tanned skin.
- Speed of execution. The duration of the session does not take more than thirty to forty minutes.
- Affordable price. The cost is higher than a waxing or sugaring session, but significantly lower than laser hair removal.
- Ability to process large areas. You can remove hair on any area in one procedure.
- Method accessibility. You can carry out the procedure in hard-to-reach places, such as the intimate area and armpits.
Negative aspects of hair removal
There is a fly in the ointment in every barrel of honey, so in our case.
- Repeated procedure. It will take a lot of time and patience to remove hated hairs forever, because you need to carry out at least 6-7 sessions withfrequency per month. Thus, the whole process will take about a year.
- Restriction on certain zones. Very often there is a need to remove facial hair, and with the help of enzyme hair removal it will not work.
- Painfulness of one of the stages of the procedure. After removing the cocktail, you will be removed with wax or sugar paste, and this is not the most pleasant moment.
- The duration of the visible effect. This is due to the action of enzymes that destroy the hair gradually.
The procedure can be performed at any time of the year. And the process of removing unwanted vegetation on the body takes from forty to fifty minutes.
Enzymatic hair removal: reviews
This method managed to get wide distribution and respect of people who tried the procedure. Enzymatic hair removal bikini reviews are also very positive. There are statements that the procedure does not take much time, even in cases of increased hair growth in both men and women. The painlessness of manipulations is often noted by grateful clients of beauty salons, however, subsequent waxing or sugaring still scares some girls.
There are stories of men who have tried hair removal, who, by virtue of their profession (model) or professional sports (bikini fitness), decided to resort to professional hair removal. Their recommendations are also positive, as full hair growth has stopped.fast enough. At the same time, I didn’t even have to take the full course prescribed by the cosmetologist. Another plus, which is noted by people who have tried the procedure, is that hair growth resumes only after a few weeks after the epilation.
If you do not know how to get rid of body hair, we recommend that you opt for this option, you will not regret it. Enzymatic hair removal is a highly effective method, not very expensive and as comfortable as possible