Every day women use cosmetics. Decorative compositions help the fair sex to hide imperfections and make the skin perfect. This article will tell you how to apply concealer. You will learn the basic secrets of using this tool, as well as get acquainted with its types. Be sure to mention the different color schemes, such as how to apply green concealer.
What is a concealer?
Before you apply concealer on your face, you should get acquainted with this type of decorative cosmetics. If you have perfect skin without any imperfections, then you absolutely do not need this remedy. Do not pile on the natural and beautiful dermis a lot of decorative products. This will only make your image ridiculous and add a few decades.
The task of the concealer is to visually rejuvenate the skin and improve its appearance. This corrector perfectly hides imperfections: freckles, age spots, pimples and rosacea.
Types of concealer
The corrector can be of several types. This is an ordinary hard pencil, a twistable stick, a tube with a liquidcontent and applicator and so on. Depending on the type of skin, it is worth choosing the appropriate type of product. Owners of dry and fading dermis should give preference to liquid formulations. If you have oily and problematic skin, then get a stick or pencil.
How to apply concealer on the face? There are several rules for this manipulation. Be sure to take into account all the steps of the instructions and tips. In this case, you will achieve the most even tone and the perfect image.
First step: preparing the face
Before applying concealer, you need to cleanse the skin. This should be done with a special mask, scrub or peeling. However, if your exit is scheduled for the next two hours, then you should postpone these procedures for another time. In this case, just wash your face with your favorite formula.
After that, it is worth moisturizing the skin. To do this, choose non-greasy and light textures that absorb very quickly.
Second step: leveling the tone and examining defects
Before applying concealer, you need to use a makeup base or tonal foundation. Remember that you can only do this if there are any shortcomings. If you have an even complexion, then just skip this step and go directly to masking.
Everything that the foundation could not hide, the corrector will carefully hide. However, you need to know how to properly apply concealer on your face. There are many shades of this tool. Allthey are designed for certain areas of the skin and masking certain defects. Take a close look at your face. Do you have red dots and pimples? Or maybe you want to get rid of the hated bruises under the eyes? Need to cover up freckles and blemishes? For all these purposes, it is not enough to choose only one concealer. You will need several different shades.
Third step: choosing colors
How to apply concealer correctly? The main and, perhaps, the most important stage is the choice of the corrector color.
- Red pimples and inflamed areas will help hide the olive tone of the concealer.
- Couperose and bruises under the eyes will perfectly mask the warm yellowish tint of the product.
- Carrot colors will also hide protruding veins and blue areas. However, only dark-skinned girls should choose such a corrector.
- If you want to hide freckles, bad tan or pigmentation, then get a purple tint corrector.
- If there are old bruises on the face that have acquired a yellowish green tint, then use a soft pink corrector.
Fourth step: applying concealer
How to apply concealer correctly? Take a pencil and apply it to a facial defect (pimple, redness or age spot). After that, use a clean, small brush. Blend thoroughly and repeat if necessary.
How to apply concealer under the eyes? If you did not use a tonal foundation or base, then this zone needs to bepre-moisturize with a non-greasy cream. The corrector usually has a fairly dense consistency. This composition can clog into small wrinkles around the eyes and visually add years to you. To avoid this, you need to apply a thin layer of cream on this area and only after that proceed with applying the corrector. Use a liquid formula. Make a few vertical strokes on the lower eyelid and blend them with a brush.
Fifth step: fixing the corrector
After you mask all the areas, you need to fix the result. This can be done with compact powder. Don't go for cream foundations as they can smudge your results.
Using a powder puff or brush, apply a thin layer of powder over the entire face. This manipulation will help your concealer stay on for a long time and not spread. After this manipulation, you can apply the remaining makeup.
How to apply a concealer palette?
Recently, manufacturers of decorative products prefer to produce kits that contain several shades of corrective products at once. It is very comfortable. Women no longer have to purchase different pencils and liquid products. You just need to open the palette and choose the right shade. Most often, six to eighteen colors are included here.
Apply such a tool as follows. Place purple and white shades in the area of the lips and nose. This will help mask mimic wrinkles and hide age-relatedchanges. On the T-zone, apply beige tones that are slightly darker than your skin tone. This will hide small pimples, blackheads and remove oily sheen. Under the eyebrows and on the upper corners of the eyelids, it is worth putting a small amount of a light shade. Thus, you will make the look more expressive and open. Apply a grayish-purple corrector on the cheekbones. This will help highlight the specified area and make the face open. If necessary, use individual shades from the palette, which will mask imperfections and defects. Remember that all strokes must be smudged with a brush.
How not to apply concealer: basic mistakes
- Often, the fairer sex use corrector instead of foundation. Such application can make your face look porcelain and unnatural.
- Don't replace concealer with foundation. Especially when it comes to bruises and pimples. Otherwise, you will only increase the effect of imperfections.
- When masking pimples or spots, do not forget to treat the adjacent area. Otherwise, you will end up with heavily highlighted areas that catch your eye.
- If you have very dry skin, then do not try to blend the corrector. Dampen the brush with water and blot with a tissue. After that, you can gently spread the color over the face.
- On oily skin, do not smear the composition with your hands. This will result in ugly stripes. Use a sponge or sponge for this purpose.
- Don't use only concealer for makeup. If youIf the defects were painted over, then at least you need to cover the skin with powder. Otherwise, your work will be visible to the naked eye and create the opposite effect.
Now you know how to properly apply concealer on certain areas of the face. If you do not yet have experience in using such tools, then you should contact professionals or experienced girlfriends. They will not only tell you, but also show you how to properly apply this disguise. Over time, you yourself will understand what exactly your skin needs and what color corrector should be chosen for a particular defect. Apply makeup correctly and be beautiful!