Visiting a beauty salon for hair coloring, every girl wants to end up with a unique, inimitable image. Fortunately, for this today in the arsenal of professional craftsmen there are many original techniques. One of them is marble staining. It is this unique method that we will talk about in this article.
What is technique?
Marble staining involves the use of the main shade, as well as the lightening of a number of strands, specially selected from the total mass. The result of the procedure is getting shiny curls with the effect of color overflows. Under the sun's rays, the shades here change somewhat, but the main tone remains constant, which allows the hair to retain its natural look.
What are the advantages of marble staining? The technique allows you to create the following effect:
- The hair gets a bright shine, but at the same time looksnatural.
- Hair coloring in this way allows you to achieve an indescribable game of shades. So, when creating a new hairstyle, the location of individual colored strands changes, and with them the main shade of the hair. This contributes to the rapid change of individual images.
- Marble staining is a gentle procedure, since the number of strands that have been lightened remains minimal. In addition, safe products are used to treat curls that cannot harm the condition of the hair.
- As the hair grows, the roots of the "native" color do not stand out too much against the general background. Therefore, it is necessary to re-marble staining only after a few months have passed.
- As a result of the procedure, the haircut acquires additional volume, which is so lacking for many girls.
What are the disadvantages of marble staining? Reviews of visitors to beauty salons who have already managed to resort to the procedure indicate a rather high cost of performing the technique. Depending on the length of the hair, for painting curls using marble staining, you will have to pay from 2.5 to 5 thousand rubles.
It is quite difficult to make your own marble hair coloring at home. One has to hope for the expected result only when contacting an experienced specialist who has repeatedly resorted to the implementation of the technique.
Currently, masters resort to the implementation of several schemes when performing marble staining:
- Darning - the method is in many ways similar to highlighting. Here they also resort to lightening individual strands. Depending on the expected result, a girl can opt for narrow “darnings” all over her head or saturate large strands with certain shades.
- Zigzag - the scheme is most often used when it is necessary to dye medium-length hair and haircuts with a side parting. A key feature of lightening the strands with the creation of a pattern in the form of zigzags is the change in the shade of the hair when changing styling.
Who suits marble hair coloring?
The most attractive results of such painting look on long curls and medium length haircuts. The implementation of ideas on too short hairstyles usually gives an unnatural and even ridiculous look. In the latter case, saturated tones simply do not fully reveal.
If we talk about shades, marble coloring suits the owners of dark curls. On naturally light hair, the effect of the procedure is almost imperceptible.
Marble hair coloring technique
Colouring curls using the method is carried out in several successive stages:
- First of all, the base tone of the hair is formed, which is selected by the master, based on the merits of the client's appearance.
- Further, powder with the effect is applied to individual strandsdiscoloration. In this case, the main dye is not washed off the hair. The procedure for coating strands with powder is performed using foil, from which a kind of hat is formed. The coloring powder composition is evenly applied to the hair with a strainer.
- Curls are treated with an oxidizing agent, which allows you to create a peculiar pattern characteristic of this hair coloring technique.
- Dyed strands are left alone for about half an hour.
- Finally, the hair is thoroughly rinsed with a color-fixing shampoo.
In order to keep the hair bright as long as possible as a result of marble dyeing, it is necessary to resort to regular care with the help of a whole range of special serums, masks and conditioners. The main focus should be on the use of moisturizing, firming, regenerating and nourishing products.
Owners of sparse hair of a fine structure should make sure that the bleached strands come out wider. Otherwise, you can get not marble coloring, but something similar to ordinary highlighting.
In the end, having conceived the procedure, it is better to make an appointment with experienced beauty salon masters. Since self-coloring in the absence of relevant experience will not allow you to give your hair a truly bright and fresh look.