Since ancient times, women have tried to complement their image with jewelry. The presence of expensive stones was considered an indicator of we alth and influence. Many people wonder how a diamond differs from a diamond, because these are the most expensive among crystals. The difference in names very often misinforms buyers, so you need to know how these two types of stone differ from each other.
What is a diamond
Diamond is the hardest and most bewitching mineral, which is formed under the influence of great pressure and temperature. It consists of carbon and can be found in special deposits.
This form of carbon has a unique structure of the crystal lattice, it is thanks to these indicators that diamond remains the hardest substance on Earth. It has amazing optical properties that are revealed only when cutting. In nature, the stone is not beautiful inaesthetically and does not have a unique shape. But it has extraordinary properties: hardness, high thermal conductivity, but outwardly rather dull. To make its facets sparkle in the sun, professional jewelers have mastered the cutting technique. As a result, the finished product is obtained in the form of a diamond. In the article you will see how a diamond differs from a diamond, photos provided.
What is a diamond
We found out that a diamond is a dazzlingly cut diamond that has the same positive qualities, but only its appearance has become much more attractive. Based on this, the price of a cut stone differs markedly from an uncut one upwards. In the skillful hands of the master, the stone will change its appearance and sparkle with all the colors in the sun, but if the cutting is done ineptly, then you can get a bad diamond even from a good diamond. There are many processing methods that can turn a dull stone into a sparkling crystal.
4C grading: Determining the uniqueness of a diamond
Gemstone is evaluated by four parameters:
- Cut (cut).
- Clarity (purity).
- Color (color).
- Carat (carat weight).
The price of a stone in processed and pure form is determined by the following factors:
- Crystal weight. The greater its weight and appearance, the higher its price will be. One large cut diamond is much more expensive than small stones.
- The purity of the stone. A stone with defects is inferior in price to a clean onemineral.
- Shade of diamond. A stone of a transparent or saturated color shade is expensive, since such specimens in nature can be found infrequently.
Diamond vs Diamond: What's the Difference
Actually, these are two kinds of the same stone. But in general, you need to understand how a diamond differs from a brilliant, what is the difference between them. And the differences are as follows:
- The weight of the stone. This indicator is very important, since the weight can go away during the cutting process. The indicators directly depend on the quality of the stone, the method and shape of the cut. If it is a regular cut, such as a round cut, then the weight loss depends on the cut and the symmetry of the stone in the final cut. If the stone is not symmetrical, then its value drops noticeably.
- The price of a diamond and a brilliant. This indicator may be different, since the raw version is much lower in cost. In nature, there are a huge number of diamonds, they are sold in large quantities to various enterprises. If you want to buy a stone without cutting, then it is important to remember that you should not go to private individuals for purchase. It is better to contact a competent company, which will definitely present a certificate of authenticity of the stone and its origin.
- Different shapes of stones. A diamond can have a different shape with pointed edges, it looks like an ordinary mineral that was mined from the earth. As for the diamond, it is a cut mineral designed to adorn jewelry.
- The scope of crystals is diverse. Diamonds are used in industry, but if they havemany defects. They are used to make coatings for tools and are also used in nanotechnologies. While a diamond is usually used exclusively in the jewelry industry to create expensive jewelry.
Diamond vs Diamond: What's the Difference
Does size matter? Of course. Wanting to find out the size of the stone, one must proceed from the fact that the basis is the diameter of the diamond, which has a rounded shape. The size of diamonds is directly related to the number of facets and weight. Diamonds are usually processed by hand, so they differ in size, but can be the same in weight. Interestingly, large diamonds with more than one facet can weigh less than smaller stones.
No special attention is paid to the size assessment, but a compliance scale has been created for this. It makes it possible to establish a relationship between the weight and size of a stone that belongs to the “A” cut group (pure diamonds, which are distinguished by their large weight, amazing brilliance and significant value).
There are thematic catalogs that indicate the color, weight, clarity and size of diamonds. If you know the size of a diamond, you can easily determine its weight, even if you do not have special instruments nearby. It is necessary to measure the height and diameter of the stone in millimeters. The ratio of height to diameter, defined in%, will be the weight that you need to know.
Today, the most sought after are small diamonds, weighing from0.2 to 1 carat. In this case, the size of diamonds matters, they allow you to say which jewelry is expensive and prestigious. But in fact, small or medium diamonds are used in the product - what's the difference? The main thing is that their beauty and brilliance are crazy!
What is the difference between a diamond and a diamond
- At the price.
A crystal that has been processed is different from one that has not. A diamond has no facets, so it looks completely different and not as spectacular. A colorless stone begins to shine only after cutting. This process drastically changes the price of the crystal, but an uncut diamond costs much less. There are many types of processing, due to the complexity of the stone, the price can change and become more expensive.
Based on the above information, we can conclude how a diamond differs from a diamond:
- Diamond is the original form of a mineral, and a diamond is a processed stone.
- The appearance of a diamond is much more beautiful and brighter than that of a diamond.
- A cut stone is many times more expensive than an uncut mineral.
- Diamonds can be used in industry, medicine. Diamonds are used only in jewelry.
By carefully studying the origin, physical and chemical characteristics of the stone, you can find out how a diamond differs from a diamond. Diamond as a material is used in various fields, while a diamond,synthesized from it, created to impress with its brilliance and beauty in jewelry.