As a result of prolonged exposure to the dry wind, a condition such as weathering occurs on the skin. This natural phenomenon has a destructive effect on the water-lipid barrier of the epidermis, which protects it from dehydration. In cold conditions, the body still tries to keep warm, so there is a narrowing of the blood vessels. The result is severely dry skin, an irritation that resembles a sunburn.
Wheeledness can be eliminated in just a few days, unlike burning. However, it should always be remembered that these phenomena are indirectly related to each other. The wind destroys the water-lipid barrier, which prevents the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
The sun in this case causes even more damage to weathered skin. It is noteworthy that both the wind and the sun can harm the epidermis even in cloudy weather. Residents of regions dominated by a temperate climate hardly face such a problem, while people exposed to strong and cold winds often suffer from such discomfort. Todayconsider what to do with a weathered face.
Signs of weathered skin
In the photo of a weathered face, you can see changes in the skin. Let's highlight the following common features:
- skin turns red;
- feels tingly;
- irritation, peeling appear;
- eyes begin to water.
Sometimes blisters form, burning bothers, the skin takes on a swollen appearance. Often weathered parts of the body look like they've been sunburned, but tissue regenerates faster because there's less damage.
How to speed up the process of skin recovery?
What to do with a weathered face? The skin usually heals on its own. But there are many ways to speed up this process and prevent future weathering.
- Refuse hot showers and baths. Of course, many in winter have a desire to soak their body in high temperature water as long as possible. But this can further harm the skin, provoke additional irritation and dry it out. For washing and bathing, use exclusively warm water, but in no case hot.
- Use mild soap and a gentle washcloth. For bathing, you need to choose gentle means. Including, you should abandon detergents with antibacterial and other aggressive properties.
- Apply moisturizing cosmetics. On wet skin after water procedures, it is recommended to apply creams or lotions. They will help retain moisture in the skin and prevent dehydration.
- Turn on the humidifier. Too dry air in the room causes considerable discomfort to the skin, especially chapped. Therefore, it is very useful to humidify the air in the room.
- Refuse alcohol and drinks containing caffeine. Such products contribute to the drying of the epidermis. In this case, the drinking regime must be observed. You can drink not only pure water without gas, but also teas, natural juices. Cracked skin indicates that its upper layers contain insufficient moisture. The water balance of the epidermis must be maintained. This will help both in the treatment of windburn and in its prevention.
- Use drinking straws. This advice will be useful to those whose lips have suffered from the wind. You also need to give up citrus, s alty and spicy foods for a while, because they will irritate the skin even more.
- Tissue regeneration will be faster if Omega-3 acids are included in the diet. They are found in legumes, sea fish, walnuts. These substances reduce the oiliness of the skin and normalize the production of skin secretions.
- Are you worried about chapped skin? What to do in this case? Eat foods with vitamin E. This valuable substance for the body can also be obtained from vegetable oil, sunflower seeds, milk, almonds, cabbage, eggs, kiwi. Tocopherol significantly accelerates the recovery processes occurring in cells.
- For chapped lips, use a moisturizing balm. You need to apply it every hour.
- Stop shaving. If this is not possible,then be sure to use a moisturizing gel and only a sharp razor. The skin should be treated exclusively according to hair growth.
- Refrain from foundation and powder. Cosmetics can increase irritation on the face. In addition, it will look very ugly on flaky skin.
Now it is worth considering effective folk remedies that help to cope with weathered skin as quickly as possible.
You can soothe irritated skin with the following recipe. Take a glass of boiling water and pour 20 g of dried calendula flowers into it. Insist 20-30 minutes. Strain with a strainer or gauze. Divide the liquid into 2 parts, one of which should be cooled, the other heated.
On areas that have been affected by the wind, you must first apply a warm compress for a few minutes, and then a cold compress for just 1 minute. This manipulation must be repeated again. The whole procedure should not take you more than 10 minutes. It should also be remembered that the final should always be a cold compress. Here's what to do with a weathered face.
Sea buckthorn oil
This natural product will help restore weathered skin. It is enough just to apply it on the damaged areas at night, the remnants of the product should be removed with a napkin. If your hand is chapped, light cotton gloves can be worn after using the oil.
Sea buckthorn oil is a real salvation for problems with the skin. Cosmeticbrands often add it to their regenerating products. It is also widely used in medicine.
The oil is rich in vitamin A, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, linoleic and linolenic acids, carotenes and other valuable substances. Extract from the fruit of the plant moisturizes the skin, gives it elasticity, softens, improves elasticity, prolongs youth and accelerates healing.
Nourishing Oatmeal Mask
Skin always needs nourishment, especially chapped and damaged skin. To do this, you can use a special homemade mask. You need to grind 2 tbsp. spoons of oatmeal. You can use a mortar or coffee grinder for this. Add to raw materials 1 tbsp. a spoonful of olive oil. Mix thoroughly and gently apply to face. Leave to act for 10-20 minutes. Wash off the mask with warm water without soap.
It will take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dried plants: peppermint, rose hips, linden, chamomile. This collection should be poured with a glass of boiling water and left for 30 minutes. Then you need to strain the infusion. The herbs remaining at the bottom of the glass must be placed between two layers of bandage or gauze.
Apply the resulting compress to the weathered parts of the body for 20 minutes. After the procedure, be sure to apply a nourishing cream. The infusion that remains can be used for washing.
Nourishing & Hydrating Mask
What to do with a weathered face? The mask prepared according to the following recipe accelerates the regeneration processfabrics. You need to take 1 teaspoon of thick sour cream and liquid honey. Add the yolk of one egg. The ingredients should be thoroughly mixed and heated in a water bath. Apply the mask on the damaged areas of the face and after 10 minutes wash it off with warm and then slightly cool water.
Aloe Pain Relief Mask
Worried about a weathered face? How to anoint the skin so that there is no discomfort? The juice of the plant has unique properties. Using them, you can reduce the pain that occurs as a result of chapping of the skin. To prepare a healing sweep, you need to grind one leaf of aloe to a mushy state. Then one more component should be added - 1 teaspoon of olive or sea buckthorn oil.
Distribute the mass over the damaged areas and leave to act for half an hour. Remove the mask with a tissue and wash with warm water. To achieve the fastest result, this procedure should be repeated 2 times a day. This will help to get rid of pain as soon as possible.
How to treat a weathered face? There is another good recipe. This mixture will help relieve irritation from the skin and saturate it with useful substances. To prepare the mask, you will need 1 teaspoon of yogurt, honey and chopped oatmeal. Mix the ingredients and apply on the face. Keep the mask for 20 minutes and rinse with water at a comfortable temperature.
Pharmacy drugs of foreign production
This method of skin restoration is suitable for those who have absolutely no time to prepare masks andcompresses. Medications help to cope even with swelling and cracks resulting from exposure to wind.
How to smear a weathered face? Among the huge number of wound healing and restoring the dermal cover of drugs, the following should be highlighted:
- Antiseptic cream "Boro Plus". This drug is manufactured in India. It contains extracts of various local herbs. The ointment is different in that it has a lot of indications for use. In the pharmacy you can see different colors of packages. In our case, any composition is allowed. Price - from 80 rubles for 25 ml.
- Traumeel ointment from the German company Heel is a homeopathic preparation that has proven itself in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the epidermis. The tool can be purchased for 420 rubles for 50 g.
- If the face is weathered, how to anoint the skin? Suitable for this cream "Advantan" German company "Bayer Pharma" perfectly softens and relieves inflammation. The main active ingredient of the drug is methylprednisolone aceponate. The cream is applied once a day with a thin layer on the affected skin. Price - 570 rubles for 15 g.
What else to put on a weathered face? The following remedies are in no way inferior to foreign drugs:
- Ointment "Radevit" from the Russian manufacturer "Retinoids" has a dermatoprotective effect. It softens and moisturizes. The tool relieves inflammation, enhances the protective functions of the epidermis. As part of "Radevit"contains tocopherol, vitamin D2, petroleum jelly, glycerol and other valuable components. You can buy ointment in local pharmacies for 350 rubles for 35 g.
- Cream "Uniderm" from the Russian company "Akrikhin" has pronounced antipruritic properties. The active ingredient of the drug is mometasone furoate. The cream eliminates inflammatory processes and promotes the speedy healing of the skin. Cost - 170 rubles for 15 g.
If the face is weathered, now you know how to treat the skin. These drugs can be bought at pharmacies without a prescription. Each product must be used in accordance with the instructions for use, which should be read in advance.