Thinking what costume to choose for the upcoming matinee, holiday or theme party? Do you want something new and unique? Asterisk - a costume that is quite rare. It is quite simple to make, but it looks spectacular and is perfect for lovers of sparkles. In addition, the star is a costume for which there are no established traditions of appearance, such as for the image of Cinderella or other popular characters.
The photo shows the version of the dress for an adult girl, but using this technique, it can be adapted for a child.
The basis of the costume is golden leggings and a T-shirt or bodysuit. Since metallic colors are in fashion, finding them in the store will be easy. Shoes can be either golden Czech shoes or old sneakers painted with golden spray paint.
But to get a real star, the costume will have to be supplemented with a specialdecor.
To make it you will need:
- thick cardboard measuring 50 by 50 cm;
- golden art paper - 2 sheets 50 x 50 cm;
- stationery knife;
- golden headband (you can take any color, but then you have to spray-paint it with golden paint);
- glue gun;
- flesh-colored knee-length knee-highs;
- many ribbons in different shades of gold (length depends on the wearer's height).
How to make a star costume
The work process is simple and does not even require sewing:
- Cut out a star from cardboard and glue a sheet of beautiful paper on it.
- Put the headband on the workpiece, circle it, cut along the contour. If necessary, paint it with golden paint. Then glue the bezel to the star with a hot glue gun.
- Cut off the socks of the golfs, cut the gold ribbons into long pieces. Glue them to the nylon fabric.
- Finish the look with glitter makeup.
Star costume for a girl for the New Year
If you are faced with the task of making a unique outfit for a matinee, you will have to work a little more. But the result is worth it.
To work, you will need different materials, many of which can be found in the departments with New Year's toys:
- glue gun;
- elastic headband;
- wide elastic band;
- ready big staror thick glitter card to cut it out;
- golden twigs;
- lots of golden ribbons;
- golden and white sequined tulle;
- decorative wire with stars;
- beautifully shaped bottle;
- white sequins;
- gold leggings or stockings;
- beige or gold bodysuit
- wide sequin braid;
Make a little miracle
- Let's start with the crown - hot glue an asterisk and golden twigs onto the elastic headband.
- Then we make beautiful armlets according to the same principle as for the previous costume - cut off a piece of knee-highs or trousers of the desired length and glue the ribbons.
- Make a fluffy bow and decorate it with decorative wire.
- Pour white sparkles into a beautiful bottle - it will be "star dust". Glue the ribbon to the neck of the bottle and make a beautiful pendant out of it.
- A skirt can be made in two ways: you can sew tulle (white on the bottom, golden on top) to the elastic, or you can just glue it. In both cases, do not forget to stretch it as you work, so that later the thin fabric does not tear when stretched.
- On the bodysuit, make a beautiful belt of braid with sequins.
- Luxury Christmas decorations and ribbons can be used to make a magic wand to complement this girl's star costume for the New Year. Brilliant makeup would also be nice.
Most often a star costume forgirls do in golden colors. And this is quite logical - after all, it should literally glow from the inside. But it takes night and darkness to see the stars.
How do you like this asterisk:
The costume is made in dark but sparkling colors and perfectly sets off the golden headpiece, which is made in the same way as in the very first version of the costume. Sequined t-shirt, puffy skirt, cardboard decor - this outfit is quite easy to make.
Here is another example of such a suit:
Here, too, the focus is on a crown made of wire and decorative paper.
You can make this charming meteorite:
To do this, cut out a "tail" from a long piece of felt, decorate it with silver glitter paint and make loops to secure it around the shoulders and wrists.
From the yellow fabric, cut out 2 stars, sew them and stuff them. Attach to tail.
And you need to make a skirt out of lush tulle with sparkles: take an elastic band, cut the tulle into ribbons, fold them in half and fasten them with knots on an elastic band.
If you still like the golden color, then in the same way you can make such a cute tutu:
As you can see, when creating a "star" costume, there is a huge scope forfantasy and creativity.