How transient fashion is! More recently, there was a boom in tattoos on the lower back, and today earrings in the nose have already become a trend. However, piercing has always been popular in certain youth subcultures. Punks, metalheads, emo - they all, one way or another, decorated their bodies with various trinkets.
Should I get my nose pierced?
First and foremost it's a matter of taste. Everyone can decide for himself whether he wants to insert earrings into his nose and whether he can withstand the process of piercing and care. In addition, there are medical contraindications:
- Poor blood clotting.
- Intolerance to the drugs used to treat the puncture.
- Predisposition to keloid formations in places of wound healing.
Otherwise, there are no contraindications, so you can safely go to the salon. From an aesthetic point of view, piercing is quite appropriate, the main thing is to choose the right jewelry.
Varieties of nose piercings
At first glance, to an ignorant person it may seem that there is not much choice. In fact, gold jewelry in the form of rings is far from the only option for nose piercings. There are many types of earringsamong which everyone can find their own.
And the choice will depend primarily on the location of the puncture. There are several main types of nose piercings.
- Puncture of the wing of the nose (or nostrils) is the most common option, one might say classic. Easy to perform, safe, looks modest and not defiant.
- "Septum", also known as a septum puncture, is a more difficult option than the previous one, but no less common and quite easy. Most often, it is decorated with gold jewelry in the form of rings or screws.
- "Septril" is one of the varieties of "septum". The difference is only in the direction of the puncture. In this case, it runs vertically.
- "Bridge", which means "bridge" in translation, is a puncture of the upper part of the bridge of the nose at eye level through soft tissues without touching the cartilage. As well as "septril", can be vertical.
Of course, these are not all types of piercing, but perhaps the most popular of them and the safest.
How to choose the first earring?
The type of nose piercing you choose depends on which type of nose piercing you choose. All jewelry can be conditionally divided into two categories: the material from which they are made, and the form. Exist today:
- Classic rings - suitable for the "septum" and the wings of the nose.
- Semirings - for "septum";
- Bananas and barbells are quite versatile and suitable for "septum", "bridge","septril" and other more complex punctures;
- Nostrillas (straight or curved) are suitable for the wings of the nose.
When you have decided on the shape, you should think about the material. It is especially important that the first time your jewelry meets some requirements:
- They should be able to tolerate treatment with alcohol or other sterilizing liquids.
- The material must be hypoallergenic. Therefore, you should not immediately run and buy gold earrings. The prices for them, to put it mildly, are rather big (the simplest jewelry will cost from 1,500 rubles, and since there is no limit to perfection, then everything is 17-20 thousand), and an allergy to metal can easily arise. Ideal bioplastic, titanium or medical steel (also called surgical steel).
- The earring should be easy to care for so you don't have to take it off too often. This is especially important at first, while the canal is just healing.
- Decoration should be comfortable, not cling to clothes, not interfere and at the same time please you and be aesthetic.
All these recommendations are especially important for the first earring in the nose, because the further fate of your piercing depends on how the healing goes. Well, when the channel is fully formed and heals, you can already buy even silver or gold earrings. Prices bite, but now you know for sure that you will not remove the jewelry in a couple of days from pain and inflammation.
What are they made of
There are many materials from which jewelry is made forpiercing. You have already read about some of them above in the recommendations for choosing the first earring. Everyone chooses what he likes best. Basic and most common materials:
The main thing to remember is that these materials can only be worn after the hole has completely healed. In case of any inflammation, it is better to remove such an earring and put on the first one again.
How to care for a piercing?
All recommendations for caring for a brand new piercing should be given to you by the master in the salon where you did the piercing. If for some reason you did not receive them, remember the basic and most important rules.
- Healing of the nose is a fairly long process that can take from 1 to 3 months. Therefore, puncture care is important throughout this time.
- Observe hygiene rules, do not bring dirty hands to the wound and do not pull the earring for no reason.
- Every morning and evening, treat the puncture with "Chlorhexidine" or saline solution. The most convenient way to do this is with a cotton swab.
- Girls should refrain from using foundation, powder, tonics and lotions while healing, so as not to be at risk of inflammation.
How to put an earring in your nose?
When you make a piercing in the salon, the master inserts the earring into it. If you want to change the decoration, then you will have to repeat this feat yourself. How to put an earring in your nosewithout damaging the tissue? Very easy!
- Wash your hands well and sanitize them.
- Process decoration.
- Carefully insert the leg of the earring into the hole, at the same time “catch” it with the finger of your free hand from the back of the piercing.
- It happens that soft fabrics slightly block the exit for the earring. Then you need to gently move them so that the leg finds the hole.
- Twist the decoration. Done!