Many girls create their own "cosmetic labs" so as not to waste time and money on the purchase of ready-made products. In their arsenal there are always face creams prepared at home, which are much more effective than store products. They are exclusive and are prepared quite quickly. At home, from improvised ingredients, you can create the perfect remedy for a specific skin type, taking into account all the individual characteristics of a person.
Homemade creams: pros and cons
Modern homemade face creams have their pros and cons. Fortunately, the number of firsts is much higher than the product's popularity. Key benefits include:
- tested composition (ingredients selected by the manufacturer are used to prepare the product, so you can be 100% sure of their safety);
- required volume (at home it is possible to adjust the portions of the cream and not spend the components just to throw away the leftovers);
- availability (creams are made from ingredients that can be purchased at any supermarket at an affordable cost);
- creativity (this tool is perfect as a gift for any celebration);
- the ability to experiment (the composition of the cream can be easily changed by adding more or less of one or another component).
Every girl can prepare a face cream at home, but before that, you must definitely find out about the cons of such a product. The main ones are:
- consistency (at home it is far from always possible to prepare a delicate composition, so in the end, as a rule, the cream turns out to be oily and has a heavier texture);
- minimum expiration date (a home-made product will only work for one use, because it will simply lose its useful properties during storage);
- search for "your" formula (even if the recipe seems perfect and gets a lot of positive feedback, don't get too excited, because it may work for one skin type, it may not have any effect on another).
To make a face cream at home, you will need not only ingredients, but also special tools. Therefore, before you start creating the composition, you will need to stock up on the following tools:
- large-diameter enamel bain-marie cup;
- several glass containers for connecting and heating components;
- porcelain spoon for stirring the composition;
- 5 ml syringe for dosing ingredients;
- whisk or whisk;
- thermometer for measuring the heating temperature of substances and mixtures;
- plastic or glass containers for pre-made products.
In addition to the tools, you need to think about the components. Some of them are sold in nearby stores and pharmacies, but among the variety of ingredients there are also special products that need to be ordered online.
Today, at home, a cream for the face, hands and feet is usually prepared from the following ingredients:
- Water (60% cream). This component is necessary for the simple reason that it allows the cream to acquire the right consistency to spread over the surface of the skin. You can replace water with a decoction of herbs.
- The fat base of the homemade face cream is the base oil (30% in the composition). This ingredient gives the finished product oiliness. In addition, it allows active substances to penetrate deeper and begin to perform their functions faster. Ownersdry skin is better to take peach, apricot or jojoba oil, sensitive - burdock, lemon or sea buckthorn, oily - grape or almond.
- Active substances (about 8%). They are the most important in the composition. Their main purpose is to moisturize a dry face. Along with this, the active substances relieve inflammation and slightly dry out the fatty type. They have a calming effect on sensitive skin. The active ingredients are yeast, vitamins, bee products, plant extracts.
- Emulsifier (2% in cream). It is required by the tool to obtain homogeneous compounds from immiscible components. Emulsifiers include egg whites, alcohol, lecithin, wax, and stearic acid.
- Essential oils. They come as a supplement and are used only in small quantities, as they have a fairly strong effect. Esters can aromatize the product, enrich it with useful substances, and also protect it from harmful microflora. For girls with sensitive skin, verbena and rosewood oils are suitable, for oily skin - lemon and grapefruit, and for dry - sandalwood and jasmine.
- Preservatives. Not a single cosmetic product can do without these components. They perform a very important function - the preservation of the finished product. In addition, preservatives do an excellent job of counteracting microbes. Extracts of various plants (chamomile, eucalyptus) can act in their role.
Girls who prefer to make their own skin care products alreadywill definitely appreciate the recipes for a face cream prepared at home. The best ones are listed below. You can easily experiment with the ingredients in these formulations.
The easiest face cream at home can be made with oatmeal and glycerin. Here you have to make a minimum of effort, but the effect will be simply amazing. This composition has a refreshing as well as cleansing effect.
The first step is to heat exactly 10 grams of glycerin in a water bath. There you need to pour the pre-ground oatmeal flakes in the same amount and mix thoroughly. Then 50 ml of fresh strawberry or cucumber juice should be added to the mixture (chamomile decoction can also be used). Then the container must be removed from the fire and the contents whisked. After that, the tool will be ready for use.
If after the session the mass still remains, then you should not throw it away, because the next day it can still be used. To save it, you need to cover it with a lid or a plastic bag and place it in the refrigerator.
Like all homemade face creams, oatmeal should be applied to the skin closer to bedtime. When the composition is completely dry, its residue must be carefully removed with a paper towel or dry cloth.
Equally effective homemade face cream ideal for all skin types. It's ready in just 15 minutes. From the rest such compositionIt has a light texture, thanks to which the cream is quickly absorbed, providing a moisturizing and toning effect.
A remedy is being prepared from 5 grams of lanolin (wool wax) and a couple of grams of peach oil. These ingredients will need to be combined together and heated in a water bath. Then pour about 10 ml of ordinary distilled water into it and mix thoroughly. Next, the mixture must be removed from the heat and cooled. When the cream is no longer hot, it is recommended to transfer it to a convenient container, from where to start using.
Many girls want to make a face cream at home that will nourish their skin well. Fortunately, there is such a recipe. The tool is ideal for covers exposed to dust, cold, sun and in need of proper nutrition. The cream cooks pretty quickly. It allows the skin to become fresher and he althier, which will be perfectly noticeable externally. Applying a homemade nourishing face cream is recommended for women over 40, but younger ladies are not prohibited from doing this.
To prepare the composition, you will need to take a chicken egg and beat it in a separate container. After that, you need to add about 80 ml of thickened cream to it and 8 times less honey in melted form. If desired, you can additionally drop a couple of drops of tea tree oil, which will add flavor to the finished cream. All ingredients must be mixed well. This is best done with a whisk.or a mixer, but if this is not possible, you can use a regular fork.
With lifting effect
Among the best homemade face cream recipes, you should definitely include a remedy with a lifting effect. Such a product can even replace beauty treatments in salons, which require spending a lot of money to see any results. It is a nutritional composition that has a tightening effect. It is recommended to use it for owners of aging skin.
Cream is being prepared in an enamel or glass bowl. There you need to put 5 ml of melted honey and almond oil, as well as twice as much lanolin. All this is required to mix and put on medium heat. During heating, the mass must be stirred. When a homogeneous composition is obtained, it can be removed from the fire. Before using the cream, it must be cooled down, stirring all the time, and then poured into a glass container.
This recipe is for single use only. The cream must be completely distributed over the surface of the skin, without leaving the composition for later, since after a couple of hours it will begin to lose its beneficial properties and, as a result, can only worsen the skin condition even more.
Especially often women of age are attracted to face creams, prepared at home, designed to combat oily sheen. Ideal for this purpose is a tool that providesnutritional impact. It will relieve the integument from greasiness. Even many experts claim that such a cream is a real find for people suffering from oily sensitive skin.
The first step is to take about 20 grams of beeswax and melt it in a water bath. Then you need to add 60 ml of almond or peach oil to it. All this is thoroughly mixed and heated over low heat for a couple of minutes. After that, 30 ml of distilled water must be poured into the mass. While the mixture is on fire, in a separate container, it is necessary to heat half a teaspoon of borax (that is, a s alt of boric acid) in a water bath. Then the contents of both containers must be mixed, diluted with 60 ml of rose water, beat and removed from heat. When the mixture has completely cooled, it can be used for its intended purpose.
Cream for dry face, homemade, is especially popular. People love it not only for nutrition, but also for its versatility, as it suits absolutely any type of skin, but more often it is used by the owners of dry integuments.
150 ml of olive oil must be combined with 50 ml of melted honey and heated to 50 degrees. In a separate container, you need to mix 150 ml of lemon juice and 50 ml of glycerin. Next, both mixtures will need to be combined together and add the egg yolk there. After mixing the ingredients, the mixture should be allowed to stand on fire for another couple of minutes. Then it should be removed from the heat and mixed with a mixer. The best option toto diversify the recipe, there will be the addition of a couple of drops of camphor alcohol, and to improve the aroma, it is allowed to drop a drop of any ether. After obtaining a homogeneous and not too thick mass, it can be safely used.
This cream for dry skin at home can even be stored, but not more than a day. This means that the composition, prepared once, can be divided into two sessions. Keep the product in a dark and cool place.
Amazing composition with ginger is able to fulfill the dreams of every girl. It tones the skin and has a regenerating effect on it. Together with the rest of the ingredients, ginger helps prevent the appearance of new wrinkles and eliminate old ones. In addition to the face, the cream can be applied to other areas (décolleté, neck). Experienced cosmetologists allow women over 50 to use the composition.
First you need to take fresh ginger and grate it, then squeeze the juice. The composition will require only one tablespoon of this liquid. It should be combined with melted cocoa butter in the amount of 70 grams. There you need to add two teaspoons of sesame and apricot oil. All this will need to be heated to 60 degrees, and then mixed with vitamin E in liquid form. Then the container should be removed from the heat and allowed to cool. After an hour or two, the cream can be applied to the face.
Finishing off the list of the best home remedies is a cream that eliminates wrinkles almost instantly. It is prepared on the basis of beeswax. Buy thisthe ingredient can be found at any pharmacy at a bargain price. This composition will work especially well on overly sensitive skin that tends to be oily.
Anti-wrinkle cream is prepared in a few simple steps. At the first stage, you will need to take exactly 50 grams of dry calendula and pour it with one glass of boiling water. After the liquid has cooled slightly, it should be drained through the grid. Separately, you will need to melt 20 grams of wax. After all the components are mixed, 20 ml of almond oil, 25 ml of calendula and 5 drops of lemon oil are added to the resulting mixture. If possible, add 15 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice. All this is required to warm up in a water bath, stirring at the same time. After a couple of minutes, you need to remove the container and beat the contents. After cooling, the cream can already be used.
Rules for applying creams
Nourishing or moisturizing face cream, homemade, can be applied at any time of the day. Experts, of course, advise doing this more in the evening, when the skin will be cleansed of decorative cosmetics and will not be in contact with street air in the near future.
Creams generally do not need to be washed off. After some formulations have dried, particles remain on the face, which will be enough to remove with a dry cloth. All of the above compounds will not create a sticky effect, so no discomfort will be felt.