In the struggle for youth and beauty, women show fearlessness, which sometimes borders on madness. They easily agree to numerous beauty procedures, without thinking at all about the he alth consequences. Even seemingly harmless injections of hyaluronic acid can lead to tissue necrosis and blindness. Botox can be even more dangerous. Various specialists speak for and against injections. They have not yet been able to come to a consensus.
Poisons have been of great interest to humans since ancient times. Often, history was made with their help. In the modern world, one of the most dangerous poisons on the planet is used to preserve female beauty. The drug made on its basis is called Botox. For and against the use of this tool are many scientists. And it looks like they're still arguing.long.
Cases of meat poisoning, which ended in death, were often recorded by the doctors of the Roman Empire. This phenomenon began to be studied in more detail in the 19th century. The German professor von Kerner, who treated the sick and performed autopsies, could not find a cure for the mysterious disease. He came to the conclusion that the only reliable way to solve the problem is the prevention and heat treatment of meat food.
By the end of the 19th century, a bacteriologist from Belgium van Ermengem became interested in the issue. After numerous studies, he discovered that the cause of death was muscle paralysis, causing respiratory arrest. The scientist realized that he was dealing with the most deadly of all the toxins known at that time, which can only be formed in an oxygen-free environment. For example, in canned meat that has undergone insufficient heat treatment. The microbe that produces it is called Bacillus botulinum, which translates from Latin as "sausage".
Only in the 50s of the last century, the poison was "tamed". Animal experiments have shown that the local application of the toxin can get rid of strabismus in animals. And despite the fact that the opinions of experts for and against Botox were divided, in 1989 its use was approved for the treatment of blepharospasm and strabismus. Later, migraine was also treated with it.
The cosmetic effect of the poison was discovered by accident. A woman who was treated with it for strabismus noticed that her face began to look much younger. Since then, the toxin has been usedcosmetologists. Although the official use of Botox injections against mimic wrinkles was only approved in 2002.
Types of cosmetic botulinum toxins
Botulinum toxin is the most complex of all proteins that a living organism can synthesize. This substance is odorless, tasteless and colorless. He has no equal. For example, the most poisonous of all artificially synthesized substances is 70 thousand times weaker than botulinum toxin. Man has not been able to produce something more dangerous for a living organism. Nature did it for him and created the most toxic of all known poisons. That is why opinions for and against Botox are divided. Many scientists believe that the risk of side effects is too great.
There are several types of toxin. Type D is considered the most dangerous, but it is not used in cosmetology. Type A has slightly less toxicity, but boasts a longer duration of action, which is why it is used to combat wrinkles.
The most effective drugs used in cosmetology:
- Botox. The drug is manufactured in the USA by the pharmaceutical giant Allergan. This is one of the most popular cosmetics on the market.
- Disport. The main competitor of the drug from Allergan also enjoys the trust of cosmetologists and patients.
- "Xeomin". The manufacturers are the well-known German company Merz Aesthetics. She also produces one of the most popular vitamins for women, Merz Special Dragee.
- "Lantox".Chinese drug, the manufacturer has all the necessary licenses and certificates.
A few years ago, type B toxin began to be used in medicine, and experiments are also underway with other species. For example, scientists have become seriously interested in type C and F toxins.
The effect of the procedure on the skin
Injections of the drug are performed in the area of hyperactive muscles. The toxin blocks the nerve that transmits impulses. As a result, the muscle relaxes and wrinkles on the skin are smoothed.
Most beauticians are in favor of Botox injections. Some doctors and scientists are against it. The fact is that an incorrectly selected dose can harm the client. Not all modern cosmetologists are qualified enough to accurately calculate the number of units that a patient needs. It largely depends on muscle activity. The amount of the drug required for the procedure can vary from 100 to 350 units.
It is believed that anti-wrinkle Botox can be used by women aged 18 to 65 years. The beauty industry is trying to convince young girls that early injections will protect them from the formation of wrinkles on the skin in the future. Despite this, the average age of patients starting to use botulinum toxin is 30-35 years old.
The procedure does not take much time. During a visual examination, the cosmetologist determines the severity of the patient's mimic wrinkles. Then an anamnesis is taken, which allows to identifypossible contraindications.
After removing makeup, the skin is treated with an antiseptic. The thinnest needle is used to administer the drug. As a result, the procedure is often performed without anesthesia. Depending on the situation, the drug can be administered intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
Immediately after applying Botox Anti-Wrinkle, the patient may experience a feeling of heaviness in the muscles. It usually goes away within a few minutes. The first effect from the administration of the drug will be noticeable on the third day after the procedure, and the maximum effect will appear within two weeks. The result must be kept for at least six months.
In the dispute for and against Botox, each side has its own arguments. Some experts argue that injections are dangerous - the toxin can accumulate in the body and lead to death. Others say that the procedure uses so little poison that it is unable to significantly harm he alth.
Until the end of this dispute, injections must be treated with caution. To reduce possible risks, do not abuse the procedures. It is recommended to use the drug only in case of real need.
Indications for the procedure:
- Eyebrow wrinkles.
- Naturally asymmetrical face.
- Wrinkles on the neck.
- Correction of facial expressions of the mouth.
- Mimic wrinkles on the forehead.
- Ptosis of the upper eyelid.
- Hypertrophy of masticatory muscles.
Employees of the beauty industry do not get tired of praising botulinum toxin injections and convincing them of their safety. Despite this, there are quite a few contraindications for the administration of the drug. It is necessary to refuse the procedure in the following cases:
- Various lesions of the muscular system. The use of botulinum toxin in such cases is strictly prohibited.
- Poor blood clotting.
- Hernias on the upper eyelids. The procedure can provoke swelling, which will only aggravate the situation.
- Allergy to botulinum toxin. It appears extremely rarely. However, the condition is very dangerous, so allergy sufferers should weigh the pros and cons of Botox well. Specialists in such cases recommend taking antihistamines before the procedure.
- Moles, papillomas or wounds in the injection area.
- Gravity ptosis. Injections can increase the prolapse of stretched and weakened tissues. This will distort the face even worse.
- Infectious or inflammatory diseases. For example, a cold or the flu.
- Very poor eyesight. The doctor may only allow injections in areas that are away from the eyes.
- Pathologies of the lungs.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Microdoses of the toxin should not harm the fetus. But no specialist can say exactly how a woman's skin will react to the introduction of the drug during this period. We must not forget that injections are not recommended even during critical days, and hormonal surges during pregnancy and lactation can cause a negative skin reaction toapplication of the drug.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
Myths about the procedure
To preserve beauty and youth for a long time is the dream of every woman, but it is not worth risking your he alth for this. In the vast majority of cases, the procedure does indeed pass without complications, but deaths have also been recorded.
When listing the arguments for and against Botox for the face, it is necessary to separate the medical facts and myths associated with this drug. The most common fabrications include the following:
- Injections are forbidden in the summer. This is not true. It is possible that this myth arose by analogy with peelings, which really should not be performed during the period of active sunlight. After injections, you can not go to the sauna, bath, apply warming masks and perform any other thermal manipulations with the skin. All this will contribute to the rapid removal of the drug, but the summer period is not a contraindication for the procedure.
- Incompatibility with alcohol. Perhaps the creation of the myth was the fact that in a test tube, alcohol decomposed and deactivated the toxin. This does not happen in the human body. And it is unlikely that a self-respecting woman will get drunk to an insane state immediately after the procedure. It is necessary to refrain from alcohol during the day after any anti-aging procedure.
- Injections cause terrible pain. Another statement that is not true. Most patients calmly endure the procedure even without anesthesia. In case of emergency, the doctoruses an anesthetic cream. But pain can be significantly increased if the procedure is carried out during menstruation. Therefore, injections are not recommended during critical days. In addition, during this period it is difficult to predict the reaction of the skin to the drug.
A threat to beauty, he alth and life
Numerous he alth problems can threaten fans of Botox. The drug can even kill and, unfortunately, several dozen deaths have already been recorded. But for some reason it is not customary to talk about this at a cosmetologist's appointment. Who cares about such problems? The main thing is that the patient will get a face without wrinkles, and the beauty industry worker will get a good income.
A woman should decide to have the procedure only if she has read all the pros and cons of Botox injections. But in the event that a potential patient is aware of all the possible risks, the number of clients who want to inject poison into the skin will decrease significantly.
After the injection, those areas of the face that have not received the toxin will work harder. This can lead to the development of spasm and asymmetry. The possibility of using the drug in the mouth area also raises doubts. Wrinkles will smooth out, but eating and drinking will become much more difficult.
There are studies that suggest that with frequent use, the poison can accumulate in the body, and since botulinum toxin is injected into the muscles of the face, the brain is an increased area of damage. Long term effectfrom the use of this poison in cosmetology has not yet been studied.
Botox fans are convinced that injections can prolong youth. At the same time, cosmetologists hide the fact that injections can cause premature aging. If the muscle does not contract, its blood supply and lymph flow is impaired. Oxygen and beneficial substances are not able to reach the skin, and toxins and other metabolic products are not removed from the tissues. All this provokes withering of the skin at the injection site.
When making a decision for or against Botox, it must be remembered that injections have already killed several dozen people. They died due to paralysis of the respiratory muscles immediately after the procedure, and although such cases are very rare, they do happen. Is it worth risking your life in order to eliminate a wrinkle in just six months, each woman must decide for herself.
Not so long ago, a new service appeared in beauty salons, called "Botox for Hair". In fact, the procedure has nothing to do with a dangerous toxin. It's just a fancy name whose sole purpose is to attract customers.
The essence of the procedure is to apply a special vitamin serum to the curls, which makes them smoother, heavier, shiny and elastic. Hair after the use of a professional preparation acquire a he althy and well-groomed appearance. The serum is applied to the strands, not injected into the skin.
Indications for the procedure:
- Dry and brittle hair.
- Lack of volume.
- Dim and lifeless hair.
- Curls that are difficult to style.
- Getting rid of yellowness.
The serum contains the organic molecule intra-silane. It is able to penetrate the hair shaft and maintain its stability. In addition to the molecule, the serum contains keratin, aloe vera and green tea extract, brazil nut, baobab, monoi and argan oil.
Advantages and disadvantages
The effect of using Botox for hair is noticeable immediately. Curls acquire shine, mirror smoothness, he althy and well-groomed appearance. In addition, styling takes much less time, as the hair becomes more manageable. The brittleness and dryness goes away. The effect lasts for 10 weeks.
Sometimes hair returns to its original state much faster. It depends on how often a woman washes her hair. The condition of the curls may worsen in two to three weeks. Most often this happens with oily hair, but only if a woman is forced to wash them daily.
Weighing the pros and cons of Botox for hair, the following disadvantages of the procedure must be considered:
- High cost. The price of one procedure can be 6 thousand rubles.
- After washing out the preparation, the hair returns to its original state. That is, this procedure improves the appearance more than heals.
- Contraindicated during lactation and pregnancy.
- TooOften the use of Botox for hair leads to brittleness and thinning, so there should be breaks between treatments.
- Botox for hair should not be done after dyeing or perming.
- The use of the drug may cause a severe allergic reaction.
- The procedure may cause dandruff, itching, rashes on the head and face.
Despite the dangers of using the toxin for cosmetic purposes, most girls believe in its safety and advocate Botox for the face. Reviews against the procedure are written much less frequently. This is not surprising. Not every person whose face was mutilated or harmed is eager to talk about it on the Internet and post their photos.
In the event that the patient managed to avoid complications and side effects, most likely she will be satisfied with the result of the injection. Wrinkles are really smoothed out and the face becomes five or even ten years younger.
Finding reviews of those women who regularly get Botox for 10 or 15 years is almost impossible. This means that it is impossible to evaluate the long-term effect of the procedure. It is possible that for some time a woman will indeed look much younger than her peers who prefer masks with cucumber, but a long-term violation of blood circulation in the muscles and a deterioration in the nutrition of the dermis will in any case lead to its early withering. And in this case, Botox will no longer be able to save the situation.
Reading the numerous pros and cons of Botox,you can learn a lot of useful information, but you must remember that a person expresses only his subjective opinion. In addition, many of the positive reviews are custom-made and are very well paid. The beauty industry brings a lot of money to its owners, so botulinum toxin manufacturers prefer to praise their product and carefully hide all the risks associated with it.