Before building nails, you should figure out what materials exist for this procedure, how durable, reliable and safe they are. Now the most popular nail extension is acrylic or gel. What is better to choose from these two means, many girls are interested.
Which is better to build up nails - acrylic or gel?
Answering this question, you need to know that both acrylic and gel are derivatives of a polymer (plastic) - a chemical substance. Only the process of obtaining them is slightly different. For example, under certain temperatures and pressure, a jelly-like mass is produced from a polymer - this is a gel with a moderate odor. And from the same polymer, but under a different temperature regime and pressure, a liquid (liquid or monomer) and a fine powder (powder) are obtained, which, when mixed and interacted with oxygen, form acrylic.
It is clear that both of these materials cannot be absolutely safe, because. at the source of their creation are chemicals, but, nevertheless, the level of their danger is acceptable for use in the nail industry, whichconfirms the certification of quality and SanPiN.
Do you want to do acrylic or gel nail extensions? What is better to choose? It is necessary to build on the professionalism of the master, the shape and condition of the nails. Some masters cannot work with gel, so they will praise and incline to the use of acrylic, and vice versa. It is better to build nails from trusted and experienced professionals with an objective point of view, quality tools and materials and safety precautions.
Professionals do acrylic or gel nail extensions. Which is better, they determine on the spot, looking at the nail. It happens that one coating does not fit at all, then another is successfully applied.
Often, the gel does not fit well on the nail plate with a pronounced arch; soft, thin, emaciated, trapezoid, wet nails (hyperhidrosis). In such cases, detachment of the material at the edges is possible. It is perfect for problem-free nails with the correct shape. There are no strict recommendations, but, as elsewhere, there are exceptions. The gel coating is afraid of sudden changes in temperature. If the weather conditions are unfavorable, it is more profitable to build acrylic nails.
Who is acrylic nail extension suitable for? Reviews say that for those with a small nail bed, the nail is very rounded or looks bitten. The material can be used to make a variety of drawings, including three-dimensional (3D design), in this regard, it is superior to gel technology. acrylic coatedmodel a complex, shapeless nail plate. It is almost impossible to do this with a gel.
Building time, service life of gel and acrylic are the same. Touch up coatings approximately every 3-4 weeks or in case of peeling, breakage, scratches, misalignment.
What is the difference between acrylic and gel?
What is the difference between gel nail extension and acrylic nail extension? Gel, unlike acrylic, cannot harden on its own. Its polymerization occurs under UV rays and in the process of building up the master uses a UV lamp. It is low-powered, so it does no harm to he alth.
Gel technology self-levels when applied, just a little brush work. Acrylic does not have this property, so the master has to carefully cut out the surface in order to achieve a perfectly even, smooth finish.
During the hardening of the gel (even the highest quality) under the lamp, thinned nails may feel a burning sensation. This does not happen with acrylic.
Acrylic, unlike gel, has a persistent pungent odor, but you can get rid of it if the manicurist has an extractor hood, which will also help draw in fine dust from the saw cut of the acrylic coating.
Nail extension with acrylic or gel - which is better? Acrylic building is much stronger than gel, more resistant to mechanical damage. It is soluble, i.e. removed with a special composition without acetone, otherwise the nails will turn yellow. The gel coat needs to be peeled off. Modern acrylic does not contain methyl methacrylate, which causes allergies.
IfI want to get the perfect shine or transparency, the mirror surface of the finished manicure, then it’s better to use the gel, because. acrylic won't do that. With it, the nails look more matte. On the other hand, a lot of sparkles can be applied to the acrylic surface, but not to the gel, because. this will disrupt its polymerization process.
How to build acrylic nails?
Acrylic nail extension lessons take place in several stages:
- prepare the nail - disinfect, remove the cuticle, grind the nail plate for better adhesion of the material, degrease and apply a primer that removes excess fluid;
- a special form is put on the nail or a tip is glued; acrylic can be applied to both;
- a special brush is dipped into the monomer, then into acrylic powder, the resulting ball is evenly distributed over the nail and its appearance is modeled;
- when the coating is dry, the master with nail files of different roughness begins to cut out the final shape, create a design;
- finish everything with top coat to make nails shine.
How to build gel nails?
Gel nail extension tutorials include the following steps:
- prepare the nail and set the shape or stick the tips;
- cover the nail plate with the first layer of gel with a brush and dry it in a UV lamp;
- apply the second layer and decorate at the request of the client, dry the nail in the lamp;
- model the shape of the plate with a nail file and paint the nail plate with a finish gel.
Which is better to choose a gel?
The gel is selected depending on functionality and is divided into several systems:
- single-phase system - one gel is used, which has all the functions. He performs all the extension manipulations - grip, modeling, strength;
- two-phase system - consists of two gels, one of which is used for adhesion and modeling, the other as a top coat;
- three-phase system - includes three components. The first gel provides a safe interaction between the artificial material and the nail, the second one models the shape of the plate, the third one provides strength, shine and smoothness.
The best nail extension gels are those that have a certificate of quality. Popular brands include Top Gloss Gel, Planet Nails, CNI, EzFlow, Irisk, RuNail, IBD, TNL, Severina, Masura.
Acrylic and gel reviews
Lovers of catchy, voluminous design like acrylic nail extensions. Reviews about it say that it is a strong, durable material that is able to strengthen a natural nail.
The gel emphasizes the naturalness of the nail plate, making it more expressive, shiny and smooth. An ideal combination of acrylic and gel: the first material will guarantee strength, and the second - a unique radiance.