Properly shaped eyebrows are one of the most important stages of daily makeup. It is they who give expression to the face and serve as the "frame" of our eyes. Over the past few years, trends have changed, and makeup artists recommend replacing pencils with special shadows. The advantage of the latter is the ability to create well-groomed and luxurious eyebrows by applying a pigment that is close to the natural color of the hairs.
Following the fashion for maintaining maximum naturalness, many of the fair sex are limited to only correcting the shape, forgetting that with the help of decorative cosmetics you can visually improve the proportions of the face by correcting some imperfections. To achieve a similar effect, special eyebrow shadows will allow.
The leading place among all the advantages of the product rightfully belongs to durability. Eyeshadows can have gel, dry and powder textures, but in any case, they do not have additional moisturizing and nourishing components that"smear" the make-up. But the composition contains substances that support the durability of the pigment, so that the makeup does not smudge and lasts for a long time.
Simply and quickly - these are the words that can characterize the work of shadows. Almost all kits have a special beveled brush for applying the product. With its help, even an inexperienced girl can create an individual image, emphasizing the shape of her eyebrows. Unlike a regular eyeshadow pencil, you don't have to worry about perfect sharpening to get thin strokes that mimic missing hairs.
Recommendations for selection
Famous cosmetic brands have long delighted us with a wide range, from which it is sometimes difficult to choose the right color. When selecting shades of eyebrow shadows, makeup artists recommend following the rules:
- For fair-skinned brunettes, a dark gray and brown palette is perfect. If you have a dark complexion, a black product is an excellent choice, which will give a graceful shape and brightness to the curve.
- Professionals advise owners of copper and chestnut hair to purchase a product with a reddish tint.
- Fair-haired people should not get carried away with dark shades. Their choice should stop at brown eyebrow shadows with varying degrees of saturation. Gray tones are recommended for ash blondes, while makeup artists remind that a clear contour drawing visually ages the face.
How to use eyebrow shadows
Before applying the pigment, it is recommended to make a correction, remove excess hairsand give it the desired shape. After that, you can proceed to the process itself:
- Comb your brows in one direction using the special brush.
- Choose the right shade and apply all over, focusing on voids.
- Re-comb the hairs, remembering to remove excess pigment.
- For expressiveness, you can emphasize the growth line with a highlighter.
- Fix the result with wax.
More details about how to paint eyebrows with shadows will be told and shown by make-up artist Grinchenko Irina (video below).
Choice of makeup artists
While manufacturers are producing and filling the shelves of cosmetics stores with their products, girls are at a loss: how not to get lost in the sea of offers and find the best eyebrow shadows for themselves? Make-up artists came to the aid of those who have not yet decided on a purchase, who compiled a list of the most sought-after brands with high-quality cosmetics.
Brow Shader - a palette from MAC offers shadows of a certain shade and a highlighter in order to achieve color accents. The texture of the product is dense, but not dry, which allows it to easily lay down on the skin and not crumble during the day. Saturated pigment will create a clear contour, correctly outlining the curve and shape. Reviews of eyebrow shadows from MAC emphasize that they are durable, do not "float" and do not smudge. At the same time, the product can be easily removed with a make-up remover. In addition, economic consumption was noted. Even with regular use, the palette will lastlong term.
Pegard Fatal - a compact set from Letual - includes 3 shades and wax to fix the result. The kit also includes a brush: on the one hand - beveled villi for applying pigment, on the other - a brush for combing eyebrows. The advantage of the palette lies in the possibility of mixing the proposed shades. By experimenting, you will achieve almost any color. Another plus of the shadows from "Letoile" is the ability to use a set to make the hairs dark and saturated, or, on the contrary, as natural as possible, that is, light.
Eyebrow shadows from RiveGauche. Immediately, we note that the palette is unlikely to suit brunettes. The fact is that the set consists of two shades that cannot be mixed. As a result, the color is not too saturated. But blondes and brown-haired women will like the palette, as the pigment is in perfect harmony with their hair color. The set consists of a palette, modeling wax, small tweezers and a brush.
Eyebrow Shadow Rating: Budget Leaders
Each of us wants to look beautiful, and the lack of funds to buy luxury cosmetics is not a reason to be upset. Sometimes a quality product can be found on the shelves of mass markets.
1. Eyebrow Design Set.
Shadows from the famous brand Pupa took a leading position in the ranking of inexpensive funds. Shaping wax sculpts brows while powder fills gaps between hairs.
- producing country - Italy;
- package size - 8x5x1 cm;
- weight - 1.1g;
- eyebrow set includes applicator, tweezers, mirror, powder and pigment wax.
- low price;
- nice texture;
- presence of a beveled brush.
- women with sparse brows need more pencil touch-ups;
2. Eye Brow Powder.
Shadows from Artdeco can be used not only for modeling eyebrows, but also for tattoo correction. The product is created according to a special formula that allows the product to stay on the skin of oily type.
- manufacturing country - Germany;
- weight - 0.8g;
- package size - 2x1x4.5 cm;
- texture - crumbly.
- economical consumption;
- affordable value;
- natural look.
- no brush included;
- For longevity, you will need to use a makeup base.
3. Eyebrow Styling Kit.
The Divage Compact Brow Shadow Set comes in just two shades: dark and light. The kit includes a beveled brush, on the back of which there is a brush. To emphasize the shape, you can additionally use a pencil. Notdon't worry, it won't make your makeup heavier, as the shadows look as natural as possible.
- manufacturing country - China;
- weight - 6g;
- package size - 8x5, 5x2 cm;
- the set includes a mirror, a double-sided brush, a palette of two shades.
- availability of additional accessories;
- low cost;
- natural effect.
- shrink, you have to touch up makeup periodically.
4. Eyebrow Stylist Set.
Essence's two-tone eyeshadow set is convenient to use, as low pigmentation will not allow you to overdo it with saturation. The result is a naturally smoky brow.
- manufacturing country - China;
- weight - 2g;
- package size - 9x4x1 cm;
- set includes 3 stencils, 2-tone palette, angled brush.
- pigment fits well on hairs;
- low price.
- large package size;
- hard brush.
5. Eyebrow Set.
Shadows from Catrice will come in very handy for owners of wide eyebrows. But women with sparse hairs need to additionally purchase a brush with harder bristles.
- manufacturing country - Germany;
- package size - 7x4x2 cm;
- weight - 4 g.
- fair price.
Over its 120-year history, the Avon brand has grown from a small office to a large cosmetic concern that trades in 60 countries.
One of the main discoveries in recent years has been the release of eyebrow shadows called "Perfection". Based on the number of positive reviews on thematic forums, the product is among the most common decorative products not only in Russia, but also in the CIS countries.
So, the shadows help to correct the shape and make the color more saturated. The composition is absolutely safe, does not cause irritation, redness and other allergic reactions. The set includes a case with a small mirror, powder shadows, a double-ended brush and wax that covers the hairs evenly, without clumps, while not spreading over the skin. Avon offers two palettes: a lighter one for blondes and a darker one for brunettes and brown-haired women.
Despite the listed advantages, the shadows "Perfection" have several disadvantages:
- few shades;
- the product is easily washed off, therefore, after visiting the pool or sauna, do not forget to tint your eyebrows again;
- too hard brush. Due to the inconvenience of use, many customers had to replace it with a softer one.
Eyebrow shadows from "Oriflame" are represented by a set consisting of three color options: from light to dark. The palette comes with two beveled brushes with white and black bristles, as well as modeling wax to fix and style unruly hairs.
Customers praised the quality and durability, noting that the product does not crumble or smear during the day. Another plus of Oriflame eyebrow shadows is additional accessories - everything you need to create high-quality makeup is collected in one package.
How to use:
- take a dark bristle brush and mix 2 pigments until you get the desired shade;
- spread the shadows through the hairs with light movements without strong pressure;
- Use wax to fix and define your brows. Apply it in quick strokes with a light bristled brush.
Cream shadows are the best thing you could think of for eyebrow shaping. Perhaps there is no such girl who has not heard about the Permanent Taupe shade from the Color Tattoo collection. If at first they were considered a bestseller for creating matte makeup, then the fans of the brand came up with the idea to use it for another part of the face … for eyebrows!
Shadows from Maybelline are so pigmented and dense that they resemble plasticine in texture. Therefore, you should use the product very carefully: draw a small amount on the brush, then blend it on your hand and, step by step, transfer the pigment tobrows. The result will be simply amazing!
5 reasons why shoppers choose Color Tattoo:
- Uniqueness. Shade number 40 Permanent Taupe suits both brunettes and blondes. The main thing is that fair-haired girls gain little pigment and blend it well.
- Due to the dense texture of the shadows create a tattoo effect, which means that they can be used to draw absolutely any shape.
- Feathering is easy to control. If you "stuff" your hand, then learn to stretch the color: from a light shade at the bridge of the nose to a clear line from the bend of the eyebrows to the tips.
- The formula envelops the hairs and lifts them a little. Thus, the result is not flat, but thicker and more voluminous. Plus, the texture has great hold, so you don't need to use extra wax or gel.
- Incredible durability is the main plus of Color Tattoo. Customers have verified from their own experience that the pigment is not afraid of either humidity or heat. Eyebrows retain their original appearance for 10-12 hours.
- Too matte finish, no natural effect. To solve the problem, you can apply a little fixing gel over the shadows.
- If you overdo it with pigment, the finish will turn out too bright.
The Brow Artist set is available in two colors: dark and light brown. Inside the package you will find tweezers forcorrection of the shape of the eyebrows, wax to fix the hairs, a small mirror, a brush and a brush. The dry texture of the product allows you to achieve the desired tone step by step, guarantees economical consumption and lasting long-term results. Reviews of eyebrow shadows noted the ideal structure, thanks to which the tool perfectly masks the empty areas between the hairs and fits well on the skin. Additionally, the Brow Artist set comes with the following accessories:
- 2 brushes with beveled bristles for easy distribution of coloring pigment;
- double-sided mirror with magnifying effect helps to create the most accurate eyebrow shaping.
To consolidate the information received, we recommend watching a video tutorial from the leading makeup artist of the Loreal company in Russia - Nicky Kislyak. In addition to demonstrating the product itself, she will teach you how to tint your eyebrows with shadows and teach you how to model and create the perfect curve.
One of the most popular products in the budget segment, which combines affordable price with good quality. Inside the compact handy case are:
- 3 different stencils;
- 2 eyeshadow shades;
- a small angled brush.
Due to its light and incredibly delicate texture, the product fits well on the skin, paints over the hairs and makes the eyebrows more expressive and as natural as possible. The finish is velvety, but not too saturated. To facilitate the creation of the correct form, the manufacturer has addedin a set of 3 stencils - a nice treat for those who have little experience in the art of makeup.
Let's talk about the new product
Liquid eyebrow shadows appeared on the market quite recently, but have already managed to find their admirers. Professional makeup artists note that one of the discussed cosmetics is incredibly durable and suitable for creating makeup in any style. What's the secret?
The main component of the product is the presence of alcohol, glycerin and water. The increased content of these components makes the texture look like a cream, which determines their durability. Those who have already tried the novelty claim that even several hours after application, they retain their original rich shade.
How to use liquid texture brow shadow? The procedure is simple and very similar to the tips described earlier. The only caveat: immediately fix the result with wax so that the product does not have time to spread.
Pros of Liquid Brow Shadows:
- presence of wax, beneficial vitamins and unsaturated acids;
- possibility to use in summer;
- a wide palette of shades, allowing you to choose a good option for both daytime makeup and evening makeup.
- many cheap fakes;
- mandatory use of wax - otherwise the product will leak;
- it is difficult to determine the real color of the product while it is in the package. True shade depends on skin type, skin texture andmany small details.
The brightest representative of this category are liquid shadows from Bobbi Brown. Long-Wear Brow Gel based on beeswax guarantees a firm yet flexible hold. With rich pigment, you can create a variety of looks, from natural to rich, bold colors.