In the wardrobe of almost all men there is a belt made of genuine leather. This is not only a very useful accessory, but stylish. It demonstrates to others the social status and excellent taste of its owner.
History of belts
Belts were invented a long time ago, about two centuries ago. Initially, they were worn by barbarians and nomadic peoples. True, at that time they looked completely different. Mostly they were ordinary ropes or any other materials that people tried to make themselves.
The belts came into our territory during the Crusades. Initially, these were wide and long silk bandages worn mainly by nobles. The peasants used a piece of hemp and bast. Over time, they began to make belts from genuine leather. They came to this decision, since it was not very convenient to support the pants with silk voluminous garters. Since that time, leather for belts has been the best material for the production of these accessories.
Dignity of the belt
- long service life;
- excellent quality;
- men's belts fromnatural leather retain their appearance for many years;
- leather is always in fashion;
- products are comfortable to wear.
Leather is a durable material. But it is worth noting that leather for belts requires careful handling. Therefore, she needs to provide proper care. As a rule, such products are bought for a long period of time.
To prevent deterioration of the leather belt due to frequent wear, it is advisable to store it rolled into a ring. You need to clean this attribute very carefully and do not rub too hard, otherwise there is a risk of leaving scratches on it.
Types of belts
There are several varieties of this attribute:
- Sport belt. Such accessories should not be worn under a suit. Sports belts are made mainly of rubber or rubber. It looks best with jeans and a T-shirt.
- Leather belt. It is made from genuine leather. It is worth considering that if the product is too stretched, then it is of poor quality and may deteriorate very soon. A men's leather belt should stretch quite a bit, up to about two centimeters, to be comfortable to wear.
- Belt Casual. This look can be worn with jeans. Any materials can be used. For example, leather, substitute, rubber.
How to choose real leather
Real leather is not difficult to distinguish from a fake. The edges of accessories made of artificial materials are folded and carefully processed, so that it is impossible to see the cut. Real leather for belts is not hemmed, it is simply cut off.You can also set fire to the edge of the product. It won't burn. True, not all sellers will allow you to strike a lighter near their product.
Here are some tips:
- You can choose a belt with metal inserts, as this design looks just great.
- It is undesirable to wear a woven leather product for serious events. In this case, the classic will do.
- Belts with leather inserts are not classic.
- The belt should be without different logos and bright names, as this spoils the business suit.
- First of all, a leather belt should be up to five centimeters wide, as narrow ones are mainly used by the younger generation.
- You need to choose an accessory for shoes, but not for a suit.
- Before you buy a belt, you should check it for defects.
Which leather is used for belts
Belt manufacturers select the skin of completely different animals. It may be the skin of an ordinary pig. It is cheap, but at the same time rough. True, it won't last long. Many use this material only for the inside of the belt.
An excellent option is a flask. It is made from calfskin. This skin is soft and quite elastic. The material that is obtained from this animal is called semi-skin. Such material will cost a little more.
One more popular option can be noted - sheepskin. Its quality is excellent, but the price is high. But mostbuckskin is considered expensive. This is a very prestigious material that has collected a lot of positive feedback about itself. The skin is pleasant to the touch and does not deteriorate. The cost is about 30 rubles per square decimeter. It is really expensive, but the accessory will be worn for a very long time.
Do not forget about the skin of a horse and a crocodile, however, such material is used quite rarely. Horse is not very high quality, and therefore not particularly popular. Crocodile skin is too expensive, but practical, it comes in black, green or blue.
A large percentage of people believe that a belt is needed only to support trousers and nothing more. However, this is part of the style, and in our time, wearing a beautiful belt is fashionable.
Of course, it is not necessary to buy an expensive accessory, but you still need to monitor the quality of the material used. A belt that is too cheap will quickly crack and will not be suitable for daily use at all. Therefore, it is better not to purchase leatherette.
Still, the belt deserves the attention of many men, and most are careful about his choice.
Today there is a very large selection of such accessories in stores and on the Internet. All products have different material, colors and buckles. Therefore, choosing what you really like is not difficult.