"What's in my purse? Four nail polishes. Maybe not four, but one lies - just in case. Suddenly a corner breaks. It will take half an hour to paint your nails, dry them and not be afraid that the varnish will present an unpleasant surprise. And this is the case when its application is done by a professional.
Some girls prefer light clear nail polishes, which dry quickly and are invisible to application errors. But for the varnish coating there are special technologies. How to make up your nails without touching the cuticles and rollers? At what angle should the brush be held? How to "tame" uneven reflections on pearlescent varnish?
It turns out that preparation affects the final result.
Preparing nails for polish
Groomed hands covered with varnish - what could be worse? Of course, before painting your nails - this is the final stage in manicure - you should even out the length, remove the cuticle and pterygium and free the ridges and fingertips from rough skin.
You can make a bath, steam the skin and remove all unnecessarymetal tools. The pusher (which is translated as “pusher”) will move the proximal roller - the one located at the hole - and clean the nail from the eponychium or pterygium adhering to it. The reverse side of the pusher is often a scraper - a hatchet for cutting the skin under the roller. It is convenient for them to remove the remnants of pterygium. The cuticle is a layer of cells of the proximal ridge. They are constantly sloughing off and should be removed. You can do this with tweezers or scissors.
If the condition of the hands is good, the bath can be omitted. There are acid removers based on natural oils that are quickly absorbed by the skin and destroy keratin bonds between cells, after which it is easy to remove dead skin. This procedure is useful for living cells, it nourishes and cares for the cuticle. Rollers can be processed with a 180 grit file.
How to apply polish
When the nails are freed from everything superfluous, they are ready to accept the varnish. But before you paint your nails, you should degrease the nail plate. Even if an oil-based remover was not used, gloss is still present on the nails. This is a nail effusion that is made up of oil and water. It is removed to enhance the adhesion (adhesion) of the artificial material with the keratin of the nail. For this, a clinser, an alcohol-based degreaser, is suitable. Some people use nail polish remover, but this is wrong. This composition contains oil, and the effect of degreasing is negated. Only in vain the top layer of the nail is dried.
Lotions and colognes also contain oil and therefore are not suitable fordegreasing. Vodka has too much water and possibly fusel oils. It is better to use alcohol for injection if a special degreaser is not at hand. After that, a nail conditioner is applied - a product that evens out the acid balance of the nail.
For uneven nails with longitudinal grooves, tubercles and detachments, there is a special leveling agent. It is applied as a base. Apply the usual base on even nails.
Followed by two layers of color coating and top. Use quick dry for faster drying.
Red lacquer technology
At the nail championships, masters perform red varnish, which is then meticulously evaluated by the jury. It is on the red varnish that the preparation of a professional is best seen.
How to accurately paint your nails, the following technique will show:
- Leaving a drop on the brush from the bottle, put it in the middle of the nail under 45o, open it with pressure and gently move it to the cuticle.
- Before reaching the cuticle, the brush reverses to the end of the free edge.
- The brush turns over and moves from the cuticle a little to the side roller, opens and goes to the end of the free edge.
- Repeat operation number 3 on the other side of the nail.
- The end is sealed (either in one motion or with a pat of the brush).
So paint over the first layer on all ten fingers. By the time the work is finished, you can applysecond layer. It is performed by movements "through the air", but according to the same pattern. The brush is held at a more gentle angle. No need to press the brush to open it - at this stage, you should protect the previous layer.
Pearl Lacquer Technology
In this polish, pearl particles reflect light and line up behind the brush. To know how to beautifully paint your nails and avoid a mess in the highlights, check out the technology of applying pearlescent varnish. Shake the bottle well before use to mix the mother-of-pearl particles.
- A brush with a drop of varnish is placed on the hole area perpendicular to the finger and almost parallel to the surface of the nail. A movement is made that describes a semicircle.
- Now the hand is parallel to the finger and moves towards the end of the free edge.
- Pushing the finger away, we make a second movement with the brush on the other side. Painted on the sides and the area of the hole.
- Apply lacquer in the middle of the nail with direct movements. First layer done.
- The second layer is applied, holding the brush strictly parallel to the finger. The first movement is from the cuticle in the middle of the finger to the free edge.
- In the sides near the cuticle, the hand does not open, its movements are parallel to the previous one. So paint over on both sides.
- Seal the butt.
The brush can be used in finishing strokes to build the mother-of-pearl in the right direction. But this should be done with movements "through the air", barely touching the coating.
Technologyapplying nude polishes
Nude polishes are pastel, approaching flesh. They look very impressive if applied correctly. These varnishes can lay down in stripes. The white pigment contained in them settles faster than the rest, so shake the bottle well before applying. A feature of applying nude is the work with a brush with a good fullness of varnish almost parallel to the surface of the nail with a brush and barely touching.
How to paint nude nails:
- Holding the brush like a continuation of the nail, it is placed in the area of the hole and brought to the cuticle "through the air".
- Without lifting the brush, open it and bring the first stroke to the edge of the nail.
- Second movement - the brush is placed under the hole on the side of the first line so that one side of the brush stands on the unpainted nail, and the other on the previous stroke. The brush is parallel to the surface of the nail, but at an angle of 45o to the axis of the finger. The movement of the brush is arcuate, barely touching the surface, it reaches the end of the nail.
- Repeat the arc on the other side.
- Repeat the technique on the second layer.
- If streaks appear, make two or three brush strokes from the cuticle to the edge.
- Seal the butt.
How beautiful to paint nails
For a good result, it is important to choose the right varnish. It doesn't have to be an expensive or well-known brand. The main thing is consistency. Fresh polishes dry quickly and are easy to apply. They have not yet lost all the solvents in the composition, the thickening reaction in the bottle has not yet gone and the brushfully immersed in varnish. One of the secrets to smooth application is to ruthlessly say goodbye to the bottles after twenty applications and wipe the neck, leaving no traces of varnish on it.
Choosing opaque gel-effect pastel polishes, you can be sure that the manicure will be stylish and uncomplicated in execution. Of course, there are nuances: pastel varnishes are applied using nude technology. But all bright and dark varnishes with a gel effect no longer require holding the brush in parallel and working “through the air”.
Simply designs look good on these polishes. For example, paint all nails with black varnish, and nameless nails with white. Then, with a thin brush “long hair”, two or three lines of contrasting varnish are applied in random order.
How to paint your nails at home
It won't take long. In order for nails painted at home to look like they just came from the salon, nail preparation is required. Even just pushing the rollers with an orange stick is already working for the result. And if you treat the cuticle with a remover, then the fingers will look well-groomed.
There are varnishes that do not have to be applied to the base, but at the same time they align problem nails well. They are worth carrying in your purse. A detailed master class from the teacher of the School of Nail Design E. Miroshnichenko will reveal the secrets of application and show how to make a simple design that looks like from a salon.
Problems and errors
Nails painted at home,often contain the following errors:
- The appearance of bubbles on the varnish. This is due to the brush being too heavily filled with varnish. The result is thick layers that do not have time to dry.
- Many people try to apply the first layer, painting the nail as much as possible and avoiding bald spots. It is not right. The second layer masks such places well, and extra strokes lead to uneven drying and possible smearing of the varnish.
- An unvarnished butt end leads to a quick chipping of the varnish on the tips of the nails. The nail has a thickness, although small. Water, soap solutions and other moisture penetrate through the end face. In this case, the cells absorb liquid and the end expands, increasing in volume. After some time, he returns to his original position. Lacquer is a solid substance, and it will not be able to withstand such vibrations for a long time. Therefore, they paint over the butt, and if it is worn out, repeat the procedure with colorless varnish.
- Covering with the top layer - top - will keep the manicure much longer. Of course, they also need to paint over the butt.
Consistency of varnish
The coating is affected not only by the composition, but also by the consistency of the varnish. How to paint your nails beautifully at home if the varnish has thickened? Some try to dilute it with nail polish remover. It is not right. Those substances that are included in the lacquer remover destroy them, fold, producing the appropriate chemical reaction. This helps to get rid of the varnish faster, but does not help to dilute it.
You can dilute the varnish with a special tool that is addedone or two drops, mix the composition and check whether the varnish has become liquid enough. Usually it is ethyl acetate or butyl acetate. Never use acetone for thinning. It is not in the composition of the varnish. It is also impossible to dissolve thickened varnish with alcohol and compounds containing it.
The photo of painted nails with stamping is an example of a lacquer design that can be done at home.
Nail polish aids
In order to remove varnish from the skin, orange sticks are used. They absorb fresh polish well. They also use a flat brush "petal" or with a beveled corner. Dipping it in nail polish remover cleans the rollers. On sale there is a product that protects the rollers from varnish. It is applied like a varnish, hardened with a film and removed after coating.
Simple watercolor design
For those who want an interesting design, the question of how to paint your nails with nail polish at home is especially acute. Using thinner for varnishes, you can make interesting watercolor drawings. To do this, a little product is applied to a saucer, varnishes of three colors are dripping next to it.
With a number two squirrel brush dipped in thinner, lightly touch a drop of varnish and check on a saucer how the smear will turn out. After that, several multi-colored strokes are placed on the nail in an arbitrary direction. You can first make a white substrate, and then draw a few thin lines with a gel pen. The work should be covered with a top.
With a little patience and perseverance, you can successfully complete the varnish. Try it and you will succeed.