These days, a girl can change her face significantly, as makeup truly works wonders. Recently, sculpting has become especially popular, in other words, contouring or "underlining" some specific points of the face. Especially girls love to darken their cheekbones, thereby removing plump cheeks and making their face more expressive.
A huge number of brands provide a wide selection of different cosmetics. A large number of cosmetics are produced, with the help of which you can correctly and beautifully emphasize your cheekbones. How to highlight cheekbones with makeup is described in this article.
We take into account the type of your face
There is no set pattern for all face types to achieve perfect contouring. Since we are all individual, you need to understand what type of face you have, where to highlight, where to lighten, and where to darken. This is a very important point in makeup, because the only wayyou can achieve perfect face sculpting and naturalness. When choosing how to highlight the cheekbones, we advise you to first decide on the type of your face.
According to professional makeup artists, girls with an oval face are very lucky, because their cheekbones stand out from nature. Therefore, such girls just need to add a little shadow on them. Apply cosmetic under the cheekbones, blend thoroughly. Highlighter is applied to the temples and chin.
For girls with a round face, it is important to correctly and correctly "stretch" it. This can be easily done with the help of makeup. So how to highlight the cheekbones on a round face? Apply your contouring product to the sides of the forehead, around the perimeter of the entire face, creating sharper cheekbones. Highlighter, a tool that will help achieve radiance, is applied to the middle of the forehead, the area above the lip, chin and cheeks.
For girls with a square face, the sculpting agent should be applied to the lateral areas of the forehead. This trick will help make your face look narrower. Do not forget to correctly highlight the cheekbones with makeup, carefully blend them, moving from the earlobes to the middle of the cheeks. The highlighter of a girl with a square face is applied to the area under the eyes (a little closer to the nose) and to the middle of the chin.
Important advice for girls
We bring to your attention all the most basic nuances that will help create the perfect face tone, brighten and darken it in those places where it is needed.
- Remember to use matte textures for sculpting. This is especially true for highlighting the cheekbones. Everything that requires darkening is done with matte means. For those areas that need to be made lighter, various shining products are usually used. Simply put, you should have a shining highlighter.
- A regular cosmetic sponge will help to achieve the perfect blending of the product. Shading with a sponge is done with soft circular motions. For an amazing effect, try moistening the sponge a little with plain water or using a moisturizer for a more even coverage.
- Everything in makeup should be fixed with regular powder. Choose the best one for you. After finishing the makeup, be sure to fix the tone and cosmetics on the face with powder. This will make your makeup last longer and help you get rid of any excess contour lines.
- To find out which shade of contouring product suits you, lightly press on the cheek with your finger. In the resulting hole, you will see the color of the natural shadow of your face. This is exactly what a contouring product should be in your everyday makeup bag.
Before applying makeup
You should know that before any makeup, you need to carefully prepare, cleanse and moisturize your skin. This will not only enhance the hold of makeup and prepare the skin for all color cosmetics, but also make the surface and tone more even.
You can wipe your face, for example, with a tonic that does not containalcohol. After waiting a bit, apply a moisturizer to the skin: it will help achieve a more even coverage, get rid of flaking and unpleasant dryness. Without these preliminary manipulations, your face will be covered with a layer of plaster. This looks pretty ridiculous.
Nowadays, there are many different primers for the face of a wide variety of textures and purposes. Basically, they serve as a kind of base for makeup, play the role of a barrier between the skin and cosmetics, enhance the durability of the entire makeup as a whole. Here are matting primers that relieve the face of unwanted shine throughout the day, and products that illuminate the skin from the inside. We advise you to pay your attention to the choice of base for makeup, because such products have a number of advantages.
Also, do not forget that you need to paint and apply decorative cosmetics on your face in the right light. Your makeup may look different in daylight and under artificial light. Ideally, it is best to put a mirror on the windowsill and paint in that light. So you can fully understand how your daytime makeup will look on the street.
Cosmetic products to highlight cheekbones
There is an impressive amount of means by which you can highlight the cheekbones. Usually they are emphasized with the help of dark correctors of very different textures: there are dry correctors, and creamy, softer ones. The natural shade around the cheekbones is especially good when using a bronzer, it gives the face a slight radiant tan.Girls often use blush, eyeshadow and other cosmetics for this purpose.
This is the most popular way to highlight the cheekbones, not only among experienced makeup artists, but also among girls who do their own makeup. Concealers come in a variety of textures and colors. To choose the color that best suits you, press on the cheek with your finger. A natural shadow will appear in the dimple, which is about the color your contouring product should be.
How to highlight the cheekbones using such a corrector? Actually it's not difficult. For starters, it’s worth knowing something important: correctors are creamy and dry. The first should be applied over foundation, but in no case over powder. With dry products, you need to do it differently. Their professional makeup artists advise applying to already powdered facial skin. Here in this sequence we highlight the cheekbones with a corrector:
- Cream corrector applied over foundation. It is best to do this with a round brush, making soft, driving movements. If you want to do a complete facial contouring, apply it to areas that require natural darkening: the temporal cavities, the hairline, under the cheekbones, the wings of the nose. By the way, girls in our time like to highlight the nose with the help of makeup and various correctors to make it more pronounced.
- All the borders of the corrector must be carefully shaded, then inspect your face from all sides and make sure that everything is donequalitatively, there are no boundaries anywhere.
Highlight cheekbones with a corrector is quite easy. It is not such an obvious type of correction, but it noticeably highlights the cheekbones, makes the face thinner and more expressive.
Use sculpting concealer
How else to highlight the cheekbones? It turns out that this can be done with a concealer. Sometimes girls confuse it with a corrector. Remember that there is a huge difference between these two similar remedies.
You know that concealer is needed mainly to mask various defects. But concealer with a dark shade can also be used to highlight the cheekbones. Just apply it the same way you would apply a special corrector: just below the cheekbones. And do not forget about the main point in makeup - correct and competent shading! It is best to do this with your fingers or a sponge.
Try mixing concealer with moisturizer for a more natural look when applied to your face.
Highlight the cheekbones with concealer just below the cheekbones with a wide brush. We draw a line from the earlobe to the corners of the lips, a little before reaching them. After applying all the decorative cosmetics on the face, do not forget to blend it thoroughly.
How to highlight cheekbones with blush
Blush is the perfect tool for those who want to make their face not only more expressive and thin, but also fresh and youthful. To create cheekbones, you need to take a blush of two shades: light and dark. For such purposes, the following color scheme is not bad: not verybright red and fresh pink. How to apply blush on the cheekbones to highlight them, but not overdo it? First, for cheekbone correction with blush, it is best to use a brush with bevelled edges.
- When applying blush, choose a blush slightly darker than your natural skin color, so you get the most natural result.
- To understand where to apply blush, and how bright, stand in front of the mirror and smile broadly. If with this action your cheekbones are well and clearly visible, remember that you should not highlight them too brightly with blush.
- The most convex part of the cheek should be covered with pearl blush or highlighter.
- The light color of the blush should be applied to the "apples" of the cheeks and carefully blended towards the temples.
- A dark shade should be applied below the cheekbones and blended towards the extreme corners of the lips.
- After that, blend the border between the two colors well. Remember that almost everything in your makeup depends on shading.
- Loose blush applied with an angled brush.
An undoubted plus of this method: the face looks thinner, the cheekbones are quite noticeably emphasized, the look is fresher and younger. Of course, this does not create a shadow effect, as when using dark shades of correctors. This must be taken into account in advance.
Bronzer for a tan effect
How to highlight the cheekbones in order to achieve not only a thin face, but also get rid of signs of fatigue on it? In that case you will needbronzer.
When using this cosmetic product, you get a more natural and natural shadow effect on the cheekbones, highlight the face, make it more rested and embossed. For best results, we advise you to use a soft brush made of natural material. Here are some tips from professional makeup artists:
- Bronzer should be one or two shades darker than your natural skin tone to avoid a mask effect on your face.
- Bronzer is applied from the area under the cheekbones, closer to the earlobes, and gradually moves to the corners of the mouth. Don't bring the bronzer directly to them, stop a short distance from the lips.
- Blend thoroughly, making sure that there are no clear lines left on the face.
- Bronzer is also applied to parts of the face that are most exposed to UV rays. Where a natural tan should appear, add a little of this product. Usually this is the forehead along the hairline, temples and nose, which can also be touched up a little with makeup.
- If you are using a bronzer with a creamy texture, feel free to apply it with your fingertips. Make tapping motions that are soft and pounding.