There is a small crease between the brow ridge and the eyelid of the European type of face, the larger it is, the larger the eye looks, and the look is more open and fresh. In English, there is an analogue of the term hanging eyelid - hooded eyes, which literally translates as "eyes with a hood". But there is such a structure of the eyes, in which the skin on the superciliary arch can hang over the upper eyelid, covering it and making the fold invisible. This type of structure is called the impending age. Makeup step by step photo, correcting overhang, looks quite complicated, but this is only at first glance, the main thing here is to get used to it.
Cons of the impending century
The so-called hanging eyelid makes the eye visually smaller, “pulls” it down, which gives the look a frown and irritation. The facial expression as a whole may seem a little tired and displeased. And if the eyelashes are not too thick and do not tint them, then they are almost imperceptible. In addition, the association with age-related ptosis creates the feeling that a person is older than he is.
Such a structure cannot be fullycall it a disadvantage, it's more a matter of taste. Someone considers this a disadvantage, but someone, on the contrary, sees in this the languor and sexuality of the look. Definitely hanging eyelid gives the appearance of a certain individuality. Such an eye structure did not prevent many recognized beauties from becoming one of the most desirable women in the world. For example, Gisele Bundchen, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lawrence and even 90s icons Claudia Schiffer and Kim Basinger.
If this structure of the eye does not suit you, it can be changed with blepharoplasty. This is an operation by a plastic surgeon, in which the overhanging part of the skin is cut off.
In addition to blepharoplasty, there is canthoplasty (change in the shape of the eyes) and epicanthoplasty (removal of the epicanthus). The popularity of these operations for young girls came from Japan.
They are full-fledged surgical interventions, which are mainly done under general anesthesia. Therefore, doing them at a young age is not entirely advisable. At this time, you can correct the impending eyelid with makeup.
Problems can be aggravated by make-up, but if you follow all the rules, then the shortcomings of the impending century will be leveled, and the features will appear in a favorable light. The principles of correcting the impending century with the help of decorative cosmetics are as follows:
- make eyelashes brighter and more noticeable;
- give relief to the eye, try to make it visually deeper than it actually is;
- underline the ciliary edge;
- fold can be drawn with natural shadowsshades;
- all makeup lines should be directed upwards;
- if the eye is completely flat, then you need to darken not the outer part of the eye with a round eye shape, but the inner one;
- no graphics, only soft shading;
- don't use dark shades on the lower eyelid, only the upper one;
- shadows should be not only on the moving upper eyelid, but also on its fixed part;
- prefer matte textures over glittery textures;
- colors in makeup are better to use natural shades.
If you follow these principles, then it is quite possible to visually enlarge your eyes and make the eyelid more prominent. In any photo of eye makeup with an impending eyelid, you can see how this gradually happens with each step.
Arrows are a great way to visually lift the corner of the eye, make the look fresher and younger. With an impending century, this is also an excellent correction option. But the arrows should not be with a clear and graphic tip. In the case of an impending eyelid, these should be softly shaded arrows that do not go beyond the length of the eye, which tend upwards.
You shouldn't make the arrows completely straight, otherwise they will make the eye even narrower than it is. Straight arrows are suitable only for girls with round eyes. Arrows will always make the image more dramatic and solemn, they can complement almost any eye makeup of the impending century. A step-by-step photo of how this is done is below.
You need to start drawing arrows by applying the base.After you need to draw the ciliary edge with a soft black, dark brown or dark gray pencil. The shade depends on the color of the eyelashes. The arrow itself should not be lower than the parallel of the eyebrow. When drawing an arrow, you need to constantly open your eyes and control how it looks. Do not be afraid that with your eye closed, it will be a little non-standard shape. The appearance of the arrow when the eye is open is a priority.
Asian slit eyes
This eye shape is typical for all Asians and representatives of the Mongoloid race as a whole. In addition to the impending eyelid and the complete absence of eyelid volume, the Asian eye section often has an epicanthus. In Russia, this appearance is considered exotic and has its fans. But among the Asians themselves, there is now a general fashion for European facial features, and they are trying in every possible way to give themselves them both with the help of plastic surgery and with the help of makeup.
And here is a make-up suitable for Asian eye type with an impending eyelid.
The photo shows the peculiarity of such a make-up. She is in thickly traced and well-feathered dark arrows above the crease of the eyelid. In this case, the lower eyelid is practically not touched. Due to such arrows, the eye increases and acquires a treasured rounded shape.
Over time, due to age-related changes, the fixed eyelid falls on the mobile one for everyone, and for those whose eyelid was hanging by nature, the problem is aggravated. In this case, again saves makeup. But you need to pay attention to the step-by-step photo, eye makeup with an impendingcentury for women aged has its own characteristics.
Among them are the following:
- The skin of the face should be hydrated and nourished, but not greasy.
- All makeup lines are drawn exclusively upwards.
- No dramatic make-up, just light accents.
- Before applying shadows and pencil, carefully powder the upper eyelid.
- Do not use black, only shades of gray and brown.
- Since the crease still appeared with age, but began to go down, it is worth emphasizing it only to half.
- Avoid sharp and contrasting lines.
The rest of the makeup technique is the same as for the impending eyelids. A photo of makeup on older women proves this.
Eyebrows for eye makeup are like a frame for a picture. Wrong eyebrow makeup can level out all the work to visually lift the eyelid. Eyebrows of natural thickness are in fashion now. And for impending eyelids, this is a great option, since thin eyebrows make the eye visually smaller than it is, and medium-width eyebrows do the opposite. But to get carried away and make them very wide, like Cara Delevingne, is also not worth it. This is not for everyone.
When eye makeup for the impending century, eyebrows should be brought softly, no clear lines. Especially carefully you need to shade the "tail" of the eyebrow. For adjustments, a product such as eyebrow shadow is best suited. Do not draw straight eyebrows. The kink will reveal a littlelook, but it should be at a very gentle angle. But semicircular eyebrows should also be avoided. The more dramatic the makeup, the brighter the brows.
Light makeup for every day
If you do makeup on the overhanging eyelids according to the standard tutorial, it may turn out that it simply will not be visible due to overhanging. Therefore, you need to emphasize the fold not where it really is, but above it. That is, draw a crease where there is none, borrowing the surface of a motionless eyelid.
What you need:
- three shades of matte shadows: dark, medium light;
- blend brush;
- flat brush.
And here is the step-by-step makeup instruction for the impending century for every day:
- Direct a medium shade with a fluffy blending brush and place a spot of color in the outer corner of the moving eyelid.
- In the same shade, put another color spot above the previous one on a fixed eyelid where it will be visible.
- Connect both spots and blend them with a brush, pulling up.
- With the rest of the shadows on the brush, draw a crease on the fixed eyelid where it does not exist, slightly higher than the real one, blend to a half-smoke.
- When there are practically no shadows left on the brush, walk along the line of the drawn fold from the outer corner of the eye to the inner, leaving a weightless trace, barely noticeable to the eye.
- Continue shading all the way to the brow, without being afraid of color, so with full makeup it will not be so obvious, the main thing is the softness of the shading.
- Take a dark shade on the same brush and apply on the crease of the eyelid to be drawn so that the mostthe dark shade was at the beginning of the overhang of the eyelid and the gradient directed to the eyebrow turned into a lighter one.
- Apply the lightest shade to the inner corner of the eye and blend. As with shading on the outer corner of the eye, you need to borrow a little the surface of the stationary eyelid.
- On the lower eyelid, apply a medium shade with a flat thin brush without shading.
- Apply mascara.
Easy eye makeup with an impending eyelid for every day is ready! The basis for the success of eye makeup is the correct construction of the form. After the form is there, you can already add colors, increase saturation, or otherwise change the makeup. If there is a desire to use a color accent, then the shadow of the desired color should be applied to the center of the eye and blended, taking space from the stationary part of the eyelid, avoiding hard lines.
Literally from English, the name of this type of makeup is translated "smoky eyes". This is makeup with black or very dark shades of shadows with careful shading. For every day, such makeup is inappropriate, but for a party, classic Smokey eyes makeup is indispensable. Despite the fact that there is an opinion that this type of makeup does not suit eyes with such a physiological structure as an overhanging eyelid, high-quality makeup using this technique is ideal for correcting overhanging eyelids. With it, you can visually make the eye deeper, which is so necessary with an impending eyelid. Moreover, if you replace black with a light shade, then this makeup can be adapted for daily wear.
Shadow patternwith an impending eyelid, it is a soft smoky darkening of the supposed, drawn fold of the eyelid. You need to draw this fold a little higher than the natural one, on the fixed part of the upper eyelid. Here's the ultimate smokey eye makeup secret.
What you need for the transformation:
- shadow base;
- regular black pencil;
- soft and bold black pencil;
- eyeshadows matching nude skin tone;
- main shade (classic matte charcoal black);
- 2 blending brushes.
It is in this make-up that the first step will be the obligatory application of the base under the shadow. For eye makeup with an impending eyelid, the use of a primer under the shadow is especially necessary. Since the whole secret of correcting the overhang is in the correct shading, which is impossible without a good base for the shadows. After applying the base, a step-by-step eye makeup with an impending eyelid in the style of Smokey eyes will look like this:
- Draw parallel arrows on the lower and upper eyelids with a regular pencil, not striving for a clear line, as the arrows will be shaded.
- Draw the space between the eyelashes with the same black pencil, including the water line, except for the areas where the upper and lower eyelids join on the water line, they must be left light.
- Connect the arrows with a bold black pencil, drawing them into a "cat" arrow.
- Starting from the tail of the arrow, with jerky movements with a bold black pencil, lift the outer corner, heading towards the drawn crease of the eyelid.
- The samewith jerky movements, draw the crease of the eyelid itself where it should be.
- Smudge along the borders of the applied pencil, without affecting the color itself.
- If the color is a little hurt, then add it with a pencil.
- After the shading is perfectly applied, use the same shading brush to pick up black shadows and fill them in the place where it was drawn with a pencil, shading them along the borders.
- Take a clean brush and blend the borders with the brow bone with it.
- Line up the lower eyelid with black shadows and blend them out, shaping them, rounded for far-set and cat-like for close-set.
- The remaining space of the moving eyelid, except for the inner corner, fill with black shadows and blend them so that they are lighter in this area.
- Cover makeup borders with nude shades.
- Make accents with a highlighter under the eyebrow and in the inner corner of the eye.
- Make up the eyelashes with a thick layer of mascara, you can even use false eyelashes or tufts.
After the eye makeup is complete, it is worth paying attention to the tone of the face, with such bright eyes it should be perfect, and the eyebrows a little brighter than usual.
If it's not entirely clear how to blend Smokey eyes makeup for impending eyelids, you can see it in the step-by-step photo.
Puffy eyelid patches
One of the secrets of how to remove overhanging eyelids is special stickers and devices. You can buy them in almost any Asian store, as therethey are actively used. In Russia, they will have to be ordered either from China or from Japan.
Stickers work like this:
- You need to pick up the sticker with tweezers.
- When the eyelid is closed, stick it on the place where you would like to have a crease.
- Open your eyes.
If done correctly, the overhang will disappear while wearing this sticker.
There is also a plastic device that needs to be fixed overnight. And during the night, supposedly, the eyelid will get used to this position and the whole next day will hang less. But in fact, it is this device that works poorly and is not worth attention. And stickers are designed specifically for Asian women. And they are not suitable for all residents of Russia, since the structure of the eyes of Asian women is different, besides, their eyes are smaller.