In today's world, choosing the right cosmetics is both a simple and very difficult undertaking. On the one hand, the stores offer a huge range of various means of any action and price category. On the other hand, in all this variety it is extremely difficult to understand and find a really useful product. No exception - the choice of a suitable hand cream. Therefore, before visiting the store, you need to decide for which skin you need a cream, and learn how to correctly understand the inscriptions on the label.
The skin of the hands usually does not receive proper care, although it is most often exposed to aggressive environmental influences. The fair sex devote much more time to the skin of the face and body. However, the appearance of the hands will quickly give out not only the age of the woman, but also her ability to properly care for herself. Soft and smooth skin, neat manicure - and the lady begins to feel irresistible in any situation. So how do you effectively take care of yourpens? There are a few simple rules:
1. Proper nutrition, involving the intake of a sufficient amount of vitamins. The fulfillment of this condition is necessary not only for the he alth of the skin of the hands, but also for the whole organism as a whole.
2. Maximum protection against the adverse effects of the environment. Rubber gloves should be an indispensable attribute of all household chores. Even constant contact with water has a negative effect on the condition of the skin of the hands, not to mention the action of aggressive detergents. Low temperatures in the cold season, wind and snow are also the enemies of well-groomed hands. Therefore, before going outside, it will be useful to check the presence of warm gloves in your purse.
3. Regular use of cosmetics. Skillfully selected hand creams for each case will help to make the skin soft and he althy. Reviews of their use testify to the effectiveness of a particular tool, provided that it is chosen correctly.
Depending on the ratio of the main ingredients in a particular product, hand creams are divided into the following types:
- moisturizing (suitable for use during the day, quickly absorbed and instantly eliminates the feeling of dryness and tightness of the skin);
- nourishing hand cream (usually applied to hands before going to bed, has an oily structure);
- protective or silicone hand cream (reviews about this tool are very interesting, many women call it a kind of "rubber gloves"), creamactively protects the epithelium from the aggressive influence of the external environment;
- anti-aging (contains active ingredients that restore the skin and slow down its aging).
Manufacturers also offer hand creams designed for dry, normal and sensitive skin. Reviews about these tools are about the same. If there are doubts about the type of skin, you can safely buy a cream for dry hands, it will not harm the owners of normal skin at all. If the hands turn red and their surface peels off at the slightest drop in temperature and the appearance of wind, it is better to use creams for sensitive skin. After their application, the skin ceases to peel off, cracks and red spots disappear. The purpose of hand creams, their structure, as well as the action is determined by the various components in their composition. Manufacturers are constantly experimenting with their list, trying to improve the cosmetic product, however, there are some basic ingredients that are found in every cream.
The component of all life is water
It is the main ingredient in most hand creams. Moisturizers contain up to 80% water. It binds other ingredients, enhances their moisturizing properties, and also serves to eliminate excess fat content of the cream. Hand creams intended for use as a protection against cold contain a minimum amount of water. Reviews of cosmetologists about these products indicate that such a composition is optimal for cosmetics.its function is to protect the skin from low temperatures, wind. If there is a lot of water in the cream used to apply to the skin before going out, it will give the opposite result. According to numerous reviews of women, after using such a remedy, a feeling of comfort is temporarily observed, but after a few hours it is replaced by a feeling of tightness and dryness.
Nutrition and hydration
Owners of dry or sensitive hand skin should pay special attention to the presence of the following ingredients in the hand cream:
- Various oils. Depending on the type of cream, they can take up a large proportion of the volume of the product. Most often, manufacturers use almond oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil. These components perfectly nourish the skin, many of them have a healing effect. Due to their structure, the oils mix well with other ingredients.
- Glycerin. This component is designed to retain moisture and is added to almost every product. It forms a film on the surface of the skin that maintains the optimal water balance of the skin.
Most often, these components are included in a nourishing hand cream. Reviews of their effect on the skin confirm the results of numerous studies of cosmetics manufacturers. Women note that after using the nourishing cream, the hands become well-groomed, the skin is smoothed.
They are the fat base of any hand cream. By themselves, emollients do not have any effect on skin cells andthe processes that take place in them. They do not penetrate beyond the stratum corneum, but are smoothly distributed over its surface. The effect of soft and smooth skin, which appears after applying the product, is provided by the emollients included in hand creams. Reviews of experts about these ingredients are not always unambiguous. In low-quality cosmetics, harmful fatty acids can be used as emollients. They can penetrate the stratum corneum and stay there. Such components include, for example, isosteriarine alcohol. The safest emollients are silicones - dimethicone, cyclomethicone. Beeswax, mineral oil, ceresin, stearyl alcohol are also often used.
Most familiar and trustworthy ingredients, such as vitamins and herbal extracts, are at the bottom of the list that defines the composition of the hand cream. This means that they are presented in smaller quantities than the ingredients listed earlier. However, this fact does not reduce the effectiveness of these active components. Just in order for them to show their positive effect on the skin, a small amount is enough. These ingredients include:
- Vitamins. They are not essential ingredients for all creams, but they make cosmetics more effective. The most commonly used vitamins are A, E, K. Vitamin E is rich, for example, in almost every moisturizing hand cream. Reviews of this component indicate its ability to effectively restore water balance.skin. Vitamins are also often included in hand and nail creams.
- Herbal extracts and essential oils. These components can often be seen in the composition of hand cosmetics. Aloe and chamomile extracts moisturize the skin, mint cools, and tea tree oil and calendula extract have an antiseptic effect.
Protective cream is designed to protect the skin from adverse environmental factors - low temperatures, wind, water, household chemicals. The composition of such a product should always contain glycerin and silicones. These substances create a film on the surface of the skin, under which optimal conditions of temperature and humidity are maintained. In addition, the film prevents the penetration of harmful substances. There are hand creams designed to protect the skin from the sun's rays. They contain various UV filters. A feature of the protective cream used to protect against the cold is a small amount of water in its composition. The basis of such a tool should be fatty.
Nourishing hand cream
The main active ingredients in the nourishing hand cream are all kinds of oils. They saturate the skin with useful substances, heal minor injuries, improve its structure. Such hand creams are usually applied at night, as their dense and oily texture does not allow the product to be quickly absorbed. Another great way to care for your hands is to use a nourishing hand cream as a mask. Reviews about this cosmetic product are positive. With regularusing a nourishing cream returns smoothness and velvety even to chapped and rough skin.
Moisturizing hand cream based on water and oils. If the skin is too dry, it is better to choose a product with a lot of oils in its composition. Often, manufacturers include jojoba oil in their moisturizer. This component actively moisturizes the skin. The same effect has hyaluronic acid, which also activates the process of regeneration of the epithelium. Light texture and fast absorption - this is what makes this moisturizing hand cream different. Feedback from women indicates the possibility of applying it at any time, with the exception of directly going outside.
Anti-aging creams are very popular. They are usually created on the basis of a moisturizer, and their anti-aging effect is achieved through certain components. The main vitamins present in anti-aging hand creams are E and C. Vitamin E stimulates the regeneration of the epidermis, and vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen, which is necessary to maintain skin tone. The appearance of new cells is provided by retinol. The EGF complex, which includes 53 amino acids, deserves special attention. It also stimulates collagen production and cell renewal. The complex also has an anti-inflammatory effect. In general, for many women, anti-aging is the best hand cream. Reviews of its effect on the epithelium are usually positive. The skin is smoothed,uniform natural color, becomes soft.
How to choose a cream for dry skin of hands? In order for the product to effectively cope with its task, you need to choose not only focusing on its composition, but also pay attention to some other details.
1. Type of packaging. Preference should be given to tubes with a tight screw cap. Cream jars with a wide opening soon get a large amount of bacteria, dirt and dust. Over time, such a cream will do more harm than good. If a jar is still selected, you need to draw the product from it with a spatula, and not with your hand.
2. Best before date. No matter how wonderful the composition of the cream is, it is always necessary to look at its expiration date on the package. There is a possibility that, having bought the product a few weeks before its expiration, you can find a delaminated mass with an unpleasant odor in the package.
To find the best hand cream, it is useful to study cosmetics reviews, but they do not always allow you to make a choice, you often need to try different products. Creams that are approximately the same in composition and price sometimes differ greatly in their effect on the skin.