Have you encountered such a problem as rosacea? This is what unaesthetic spider veins, meshes on the face and legs are called. We note right away that, unfortunately, it is impossible to cope with the problem with external ointments, tablets. The only way out is the removal of blood vessels with a laser, which is carried out today in many cosmetology clinics. We will analyze the indications and contraindications for the procedure, the algorithm for its implementation, we will give advice on choosing a clinic, behavior in the preparatory and recovery period.
What is rosacea?
Before talking about the removal of vessels, let's get acquainted with the problem itself.
Couperose is a disease that manifests itself as small dilations of blood vessels, visually noticeable even to the naked eye. However, this is more of a cosmetic term. In medicine, the disease is called telangiectasia.
Vascular reticulum, asterisks - figurative definition. Education can be in the form of a spiral, tree crown, scatteredpoints. There are three types of vascular networks - venous, arterial and capillary. They can appear all over the body, but still women suffer more from those on the face. Favorite places for stars are the sinuses, chin, cheeks.
Stages of disease progression
A woman resorts to the removal of blood vessels, mainly when the formation becomes too noticeable. But rosacea develops in three stages:
- The face begins to blush strongly after the load on the blood vessels. For example, after going to the bath, drinking alcohol. The cause of redness is persistent vasodilation. If a similar phenomenon periodically manifests itself, then rosacea begins to develop.
- Vascular patterns appear on different areas of the face. The vessels can no longer return from the expanded to the normal state, they stop contracting. The skin looks dry. It is at this stage that you need to resort to the removal of blood vessels by a beautician.
- Microcirculation of blood in the skin is disturbed, and at the same time its proper nutrition. Inflammatory processes, rosacea may develop. This already requires a comprehensive treatment of rosacea.
Symptoms of disease
How to determine that you need to remove blood vessels on your face? Couperosis manifests itself in the following signs:
- Excessive blush.
- Permanent redness of the skin.
- Dry skin.
- Infectious lesions of the skin.
- Skin may become pale, greyish.
- One of the rare manifestations -depression, psychological problems.
Why is it necessary to fight rosacea, remove blood vessels on the face? A neglected disease is fraught with the following:
- Earlier skin aging. Due to "faulty" vessels, she is deprived of oxygen and nutrients.
- If the spider vein is not removed in time, a scar or scar may appear in its place.
Causes of disease development
Removal of burst vessels is the elimination of the consequences of rosacea. In some cases, the disease can be avoided, and in some - not. Its main reasons are as follows:
- Genetic predisposition.
- Extended exposure to hot sun/hard frost.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- A craving for hot, spicy food.
- Passion for chocolate, coffee.
- Uncontrolled use of steroids and/or hormonal drugs.
- Frequent trips to the beach or solarium.
- Excessive exercise.
- Diseases of internal organs (including gynecological nature).
- Stress that accompanies high blood pressure.
Indications for the procedure
When is it necessary to remove blood vessels with a laser? The main indications for the procedure are as follows:
- Dilated vessels.
- The appearance of a vascular pattern on the face.
- Development of spider veins.
- The appearance of venous lakes, vascular tumors.
- Development on the skin of "wine"spots.
Contraindications to the procedure
Be careful: removal of blood vessels on the face with a laser is a procedure that has a number of contraindications. Let's list them:
- Chronic diseases in the period of exacerbation.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding.
- Fresh tan on the skin.
- Inflammation on the skin that enters the area affected by the laser beam.
- Oncological diseases.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Blood diseases.
- Increased diameter of venous vessels (more than 0.5 mm).
- Venous insufficiency (in relation to saphenous veins).
- Taking corticosteroids.
- Prone to scarring.
- Taking iron supplements.
Similar laser therapy is prescribed to a woman in winter, autumn or spring. This is due to the fact that during these periods there is the smallest risk of side effects, the appearance of age spots. Cosmetologists do not recommend applying the procedure during menstruation.
Pros and cons
Benefits of the procedure:
- fast healing;
- use for tanned and dark skin.
Disadvantages of this method:
- effective only for eliminating small defects;
- after the procedure peeling appears;
- laser processing is expensive.
Preparing for the event
Judging by the reviewsabout the removal of blood vessels with a laser, most patients were not very worried about preparing for the procedure. Indeed, it does not require preliminary measures. However, the following must be observed:
- Three days before the procedure, stop taking products containing aspirin and heparin.
- Alcoholic drinks should be avoided 1 day before surgery.
Laser operation principle
What is the essence of neodymium laser vessel removal? The essence of treatment is in the coagulation of blood vessels. The laser beam acts on the capillaries and veins, warming up the hemoglobin to accumulate energy in it, which will later be transferred to the vascular walls. Its exposure time is about 15 minutes.
The vascular network is processed from thinner to thicker part until its color changes or disappears completely. Vascular asterisks are usually treated pointwise. The distance between such points is 0.5-1 mm. The exposure time for each is 0.2 seconds. It is absolutely painless for the patient. He can only feel slight tingling sensations. If the impact on a sensitive area (for example, the skin around the eyes), or the patient has an underestimated pain threshold, then unpleasant sensations are not excluded. In such cases, anesthesia is needed.
As a result of such an impact, dilated vessels are removed without a trace. Large formations decrease in size, become more invisible.
Algorithm for the procedure
The operation to remove blood vessels goes as follows:
- Zonesexposure is treated with an anesthetic composition. The procedure is performed in two cases: the patient has a low pain threshold or it is planned to remove large formations. Anesthesia is done an hour before the operation itself.
- Patient puts on goggles.
- The skin is cooled, which further reduces sensitivity and prevents burns.
- Next is the impact of light waves on hemoglobin compounds by flashes of intense light. The expanded capillary is strongly heated, which leads to its destruction. As a result, the formation is removed.
Required number of operations
The number of treatments depends on two factors:
- Vascular mesh diameter, asterisks.
- Depth of vessels.
For example, if the diameter of the formation is not more than 1.5 mm, and the vessels are located superficially, the problem can be de alt with in one procedure. If the case is complex, then 4-5 will be required.
Removal of vascular extensions is often combined with phototherapy. After the procedure, many patients switch to mesotherapy, which is aimed at strengthening the walls of blood vessels - it prevents the return of rosacea. If we turn to the reviews, we will see that laser removal of blood vessels without such treatment is not always effective. The problem is back again.
If we carefully look at the reviews about the removal of blood vessels, we will make sure that there are practically no complications in this procedure. Of the unpleasant phenomenaobserve the following:
- Red spots at the site of exposure to the laser beam. Pass a few hours after exposure on their own.
- Bruises on the affected area. They pass by themselves without intervention.
Such negative phenomena as scars, hyperpigmentation are excluded. To make the regeneration process faster, the cosmetologist selects an individual product for the care of damaged skin.
If we turn to the same reviews about the removal of blood vessels on the face, we will see that the maximum duration of the recovery period is three days. At this time, you need to give up going to the bathhouse, solarium, cosmetic procedures that injure the skin. It is recommended to apply moisturizing, nourishing formulations to the face to help cope with irritation.
Beauticians present the following recovery tips:
- Immediately after laser asterisk removal, apply an ice pack to the affected area.
- For the first few days after the operation, treat the areas exposed to the laser beam with an antibacterial ointment.
- Do not wet damaged skin for 3 days.
- Give up also for three days from decorative cosmetics.
- For 2-3 months after the procedure, protect the skin from direct sunlight.
- Do not peel off the formed crusts. This may result in scarring.
- Avoid excessive exercise.
Average cost of treatment
How much will the laser vascular removal procedure cost? Many factors affect the price - the work of a certain beautician, the salon where you applied, the locality where you live.
The average cost of the procedure is as follows:
- Impact on a capillary up to 1 cm in length: 700-1700 rubles.
- Impact on the spider vein on the face: 800-5500 rubles.
- Impact on the spider vein on the body: 600-3500 rubles.
Tips for choosing a clinic
The success of the procedure, the absence of complications also depend on the cosmetic clinic where you choose. We advise you to be guided by the following recommendations:
- Trust the clinic that offers clients a comprehensive treatment of rosacea. If only laser removal is provided without restorative procedures, this should already alert.
- Give your preference to a specialized center where there is a possibility of diagnostic procedures, on the basis of which the specialist will prescribe an individual treatment plan for you.
- Pay attention to the experience of your beautician, whether he has the necessary specialization for the procedure.
- It is important that the clinic be equipped with modern, and not morally and technically obsolete apparatus for laser operations. A self-respecting organization will definitely post reliable information on its website.
- If procedures are offered at suspiciously low prices, big discounts, this should also alert you. medicine withall of this is incompatible. Maybe the low price is due to the fact that the clinic lacks modern technological capabilities? Or do specialists work on already outdated equipment? Or maybe cosmetologists lack professionalism, minimal work experience?
- Pay attention to the transparency of the price list. There are frequent cases when a consultant over the phone reports an acceptable cost for the procedure. However, in practice, the price rises many times due to diagnostics, additional and restorative procedures. At the first appointment, check with the specialist for the full cost of the entire treatment.
- The clinic's use of "unique" technology should alert you. If a certain method of treatment is used by only one cosmetology center, this is already a reason for distrusting him. Nevertheless, some conservatism is characteristic of practical medicine. A self-respecting clinic will not risk the he alth of its clients by turning them into guinea pigs. A new method is introduced only after it has received widespread approval.
- Often help to choose a worthy clinic and reviews - both your friends, acquaintances and relatives, and strangers on the Internet. Of course, in this case, you should trust the responses that are posted on independent Internet resources. Often, clinics remove discrediting customer reviews on their websites, leaving purely positive ones.
To summarize. Laser removal of vascular networks, asterisks and other formations is the only effective method for treating the consequencesrosacea. The procedure is simple, almost painless, not associated with serious complications. But patient reviews indicate that after its implementation, complex vascular therapy is required. The laser removes only the visible unaesthetic effect, but does not cure the disease.