Everyone is looking forward to the warm days of summer, dreaming of a long-awaited vacation and a trip to the sea. And now the desired rest has come, and we start packing our bags. In addition to the usual cosmetics, you should make sure that you have sunscreen with you on a trip to the resort. Why? Let's find out.
Without a doubt, the chocolate-colored body looks very beautiful and attractive, but in an effort to achieve this effect, many simply risk their he alth by exposing their skin to merciless sunlight.
What is sunburn and why it can hurt
Sunburn is the body's natural defense against UV rays through its pigmentation. But? in addition to acquiring a pleasant golden hue to the skin, this process is accompanied by overdrying, dehydration of the skin, and sometimes severe burns. All this has a very negative impact on human he alth and can even lead to skin cancer. Sun tanning cream is a real lifesaver that can protect anyone from the negative effects of sunlight.
In order to protect yourself, you need to strictly monitor the time that youspend in the sun, and both its quantity and "quality" are important. Dermatologists recommend:
- do not sunbathe from 11 am to 3 pm. If this is not possible (for example, you are going on an excursion or working in the country), then use a high-protection sunblock;
- wear wide-brimmed hats to protect your face from direct sunlight;
- use moisturizers or lotions after sun exposure.
How to choose sunscreen
Almost every cosmetic company is ready to offer its customers sun protection products of varying degrees of UV protection. But which tanning cream is better and more suitable for you can only be determined empirically. When choosing this necessary care product, you need to pay attention to the following characteristics:
- In order to choose the right cream, you need to determine your phototype. The lighter your skin, the stronger protection factor you need. Usually this indicator is indicated on the package with numbers from 2 to 30.
- Children should use the highest SPF.
- The abbreviations on the tube UVA and UVB indicate that this is a cream filter that can protect the skin from two types (A and B spectrum).
- It's better for your skin if your sunscreen contains moisturizing oils.
- Use sunscreen on your face, even if you go for a casual walk or shopping,after all, it is the skin of the face that is most susceptible to premature aging under the influence of UV rays.
It is better to apply funds to the skin 20-30 minutes before sun exposure, as any cream does not begin to act immediately. Pay special attention to the protruding parts of the body: nose, shoulders, chest.
If you swim in the pool, sea or river between sunbathing sessions, then every 2-3 baths you need to reapply sunscreen. This must be done even when using a waterproof product.
Remember that using the highest protection sunscreen will not protect you from overheating and dehydration. So drink plenty of fluids and be mindful of your he alth and the he alth of your children.