Body hair is a big problem for women. What girl doesn't want to have velvety, soft skin? But instead, the very next day after shaving, hard thorns become noticeable on the legs and under the armpits. A great alternative to the machine is waxing. Hair after such a procedure pleases with its absence for 3-4 weeks and grows no longer as hard and dark as from shaving. What types of waxes exist, how is the procedure carried out correctly?
Types of waxes for hair removal
This method of getting rid of unwanted vegetation is the most ancient, because, according to some sources, it was used by Nefertiti and Cleopatra. But even despite the fact that so many years have passed, the popularity of the method is not decreasing, on the contrary. The beauty industry is constantly evolving and there are many different waxes available in stores today. They are divided not only by manufacturers, but also by temperature when used:
Cold hair removal is recommended when the hairs are thin and short, and also if the skin is sensitive. This type of hair removal is not popular due to its length and pain.
Warm wax for hair removal is suitable for absolutely all ladies. It is also called low temperature. The procedure is the most comfortable, easy to carry out and lasts much less time. However, it will also cost more. For warm epilation, wax is sold in jars and special cassettes, which are used in conjunction with a wax melter. The advantage is that there is no risk of getting burned.
Hot hair removal requires special care and caution during the procedure. If a girl has never experienced such a hair removal method before, it will be difficult for her to repeat all the steps on her own at home. But hot wax hair removal is the most painless of all three methods, although discomfort is still present.
Which hair removal waxes are commercially available: types and manufacturers
So, there are 3 main types of this product, which were described above. But when buying, a woman may face a choice problem: there are also several types of wax for hair removal, namely:
- In cartridges. An economical and very convenient option, which is great for regular use at home. Wax is distributed over the surface of the body using a special nozzle. Preferably in a setpurchase a wax wax, as this option involves warm waxing, that is, the product needs to be heated. For a large area of the body, additional paper strips will be required.
- In banks. The advantage is that the composition includes care products. But usually this type of wax is used by professionals. It is first heated in a special device or microwave (this is indicated on the package) to 37-38 degrees, then applied to the skin with a spatula, and removed with paper strips.
- In briquettes. These are hot waxes that are great for removing hair from a large area of the body and in areas where hairs are hard.
- In granules. Ideal for small areas, such as the nasolabial triangle. Melts quickly and is easy to apply.
- In discs. This is again hot wax for hair removal, but differs in that it is thicker and of better quality. An excellent option for delicate skin of the intimate area and face. Melts at 45-47 degrees.
In a specialized or simple cosmetic store, you can see a lot of these products. Most popular manufacturers:
- Cartridges: Depilflax, Veet, White Line, Cristaline, MayStar NeoPlox, Depilia, Rica, Kapous, Depileve.
- Jar Wax: Depilflax, Veet, Planet Nails, DepiProf, Xanitalia, White Line, JessNail.
- Briquettes: Depilflax, White Line, Arco Cosmetici, Worldepil.
- Granules: White Line, Depilflax, Depilica.
- Disks: Kapous, Beauty Image, White Line, Depilflax.
Wax reviews: how to choose the best one?
The most popular professional line is Depilflax. The Spanish company produces wax for hair removal in various forms and is one of the favorites of Russian women. In addition, Depilflax offers a series of cosmetics for skin care after hair removal.
White Line, Veet, Kapous, Rica, Beauty Image and Depilia are also popular. These brands offer different types of wax that are as good as the famous Depilflax.
When choosing, the most attention should be paid not so much to the brand as to the type of wax. If we consider the issue from this side, then the worst option can be called cold hair removal. It is harder, more painful and lasts longer. Hot can cause burns if you do not have the necessary knowledge and practice. But this option is almost painless. Warm wax hair removal is the best method for doing the procedure at home.
Pros and cons
Proper waxing will not cause any negative consequences. But if you make a mistake during the procedure, a variety of unpleasant phenomena can occur, and this applies not only to the process of hair removal, but also to subsequent care. This is a burn or the development of an allergic reaction, and the appearance of ingrown hairs, which are difficult to get rid of. Other disadvantages of hair removal:
- need to wait untilthe hairs will grow back to the desired length;
- remaining fine hair and inability to remove it;
- irritation in the form of red dots.
But all these disadvantages can be experienced. For example, the pain will become less noticeable each time, and the irritation is perfectly removed by the Chlorhexedine solution or another antiseptic. It is enough to wipe the skin with it once, and the red dots will gradually disappear. It remains only to survive the moment when the hairs grow to the desired length, and until there are no small ones left among them.
Pros of waxing:
- lasting effect;
- possibility of the procedure at home;
- regrowing hairs are not so stiff;
- over time, body hair growth will slow down.
Before waxing, you need to find out if this procedure can be carried out. It is contraindicated in such cases:
- diabetes mellitus;
- varicose veins;
- cardiovascular disease;
- bleeding disorder;
- damage to the integrity of the skin in the intended place of epilation;
- active skin disease.
Instructions for self-application of wax
How to do waxing at home correctly? Firstly, before the procedure, you need to wash the epilated skin area, wipe it well and degrease it. Secondly, if time permits, it is better to steam out the pores. So the procedure will be even less painful. All this is necessary for the best "adhesion" of wax withhairs.
- remove protective film;
- put in wax melter;
- wait for heating (about 25 minutes);
- turn over the cartridge to make the wax stack;
- draw a roller over the skin in the direction of hair growth, making a strip of wax approximately the same length as paper;
- let it cool;
- attach a strip for epilation from above, press it, pull the skin down a little with one hand, and with the other take the free end of the paper strip and pull sharply against hair growth;
- repeat the manipulation on all areas of the skin;
- one paper strip can be used multiple times;
- heat the wax as needed;
- after epilation, treat the skin area with a nourishing or special cream.
The use of the product in a jar, as well as in the form of briquettes, granules and discs follows the same principle: you need to melt it, then wait until the temperature becomes comfortable for application, and spread it on the skin area with a spatula. Next, attach a paper strip and remove the hair, as described above - with a sharp movement and against growth.
Cold wax is not heated, the only thing you can do is to put the tube in a glass of warm water to make it more liquid and easy to apply. The warm composition should be 37-38 degrees, and hot - 45-48. For heating, a special device is used, and if it is not available, a microwave oven or a water bath will do.
How to make waxing in the most difficult area - intimate?
No wonder this area of the skin is considered the most inaccessible. Indeed, waxing a bikini at home is not a task for beginners, so it is better to go to the salon. However, not everyone decides to do this, because they are embarrassed. Another option is to work out well on the legs and underarms, and then proceed to the intimate area.
Since the skin is sensitive, it is better to use hot wax - so the procedure will be less painful. Using a spatula or cartridge, apply it along the hair growth, and when it dries, apply a paper strip and pull sharply. The main inconvenience lies precisely in the fact that it is difficult to properly jerk the hand due to the direction of hair growth.
Deep waxing involves the complete removal of hair in the intimate area, it is also called "Brazilian". The principle and rules of procedure are similar. The main thing here is to find a comfortable position so that each removal of the strip is not too painful and wasted.
Epilation of legs - procedure "from" and "to"
Removal of leg hair is perhaps the simplest procedure. For it, you can use cold or warm wax. Usually start epilation from the bottom of the legs, but, in principle, it does not matter.
Although it looks like the hair on your legs grows in one direction, it actually doesn't. For epilation to be successful, you need to pay attention to this, apply wax and then remove it as needed.This is especially true of the upper legs.
Underarm hair removal
For effective epilation, it is recommended to epilate this area in two directions, because this is how hairs grow. First, apply warm wax with the spatula downwards, and remove the strip with a jerk upwards, then reverse direction.
Waxing at home: tips
- It is advisable to treat the skin area with a scrub the day before the procedure to prevent the occurrence of ingrown hairs or get rid of them if they already exist.
- Do an allergy test within 24 hours if a certain wax is being used for the first time. It is possible to develop an allergy to any components of the composition.
- Do not try to remove short hairs (less than 5 mm) - except for pain, there will be no effect.
- But don't wait until they grow too big - wax may not take long hairs.
- The day before and after the procedure, you can not sunbathe in the sun and use the solarium.
- No need to apply any cream before epilation, on the contrary, the skin must be degreased. The only thing that can be used is a special anesthetic ointment or spray (for low pain threshold).
- For 8 hours after the procedure, it is undesirable to have contact with water.
- After 3 days, it is recommended to peel again with a scrub.
Skin care after treatment
After waxing, you need to processthe skin first with an antiseptic ("Miramistin" or "Chlorhexedine"), and after a while apply a nourishing cream, ointment that slows down hair growth, or oil. If you swim after the procedure, healing will take a little longer. Therefore, it is advisable not to take a bath on this day or do it at least 8 hours later. In general, this procedure is simple and safe, you just have to "fill your hand" and delve into the basics of hair removal, and then no difficulties will arise.