Healing myrrh oil is popular all over the world. Its unique properties are mentioned in the Bible. Such a product is obtained from the resin of the tree of the same name. This oil is prized for its miraculous properties.
What is this?
Myrrh oil is actually tree resin. Its accumulation occurs in those places where the bark of the tree is damaged. Due to the ester content of this resin, the bark appears to be aromatized. The oil itself is obtained by distillation.
Outwardly, myrrh oil looks like a trailing liquid. Its aroma is a combination of notes of wood and smoke. The color is yellowish, may be pale, and sometimes a bright amber-colored oil is found.
Useful properties for medicine
Myrrh is an oil whose properties allow it to be used for medical purposes. So, it contains such healing substances as:
- Humulene. It has anthelmintic properties, i.e. it expels parasites from the body.
- Linalool. Calms the nervous system, has a beneficial effect on the heart.
- Germacrene D. Has a sedative effect, improves immunity.
These are not all the substances thatfound in myrrh oil. But it is they that enable doctors to recommend this remedy in order to:
- remove the inflammatory process in the lymph nodes;
- improve blood circulation;
- accelerate tissue healing after surgery;
- restore immunity;
- normalize the work of the stomach and intestines;
- restore uterine function;
- correct the menstrual cycle;
Myrrh is an excellent antifungal agent. A few procedures using this essential oil are enough to get rid of such a problem. In medicine, its expectorant property is also widely used. Therefore, with bronchitis and all kinds of colds, inhalations with myrrh oil are required.
Myrrh oil. Properties and applications in cosmetology
Acne, rash, dermatitis of various nature can quickly disappear if myrrh oil is applied correctly. If you use it regularly, you can even tighten the oval of the face, get rid of fine wrinkles and scars, say goodbye to the veins, restore its former elasticity.
Essential oil of myrrh is recommended to be mixed into lotions, creams. So it will penetrate much deeper into the skin. Accordingly, the effect will come much faster.
What do cosmetologists use myrrh oil for?
- For dry skin to repair cracks and restore normal moisture balance.
- For aging skin, to help cells regenerate, restore firmness, elasticity.
- Forproblematic skin to remove all inflammation.
It is important to note that myrrh oil helps to cope with burns, remove postoperative scars, and also cure serious diseases such as lichen, eczema or even herpes.
How to choose the right one?
Myrrh tree oil is produced today in several ways:
- Distillation method.
- Carbon dioxide extraction.
If it is a distilled oil, then the product will have more effective and milder properties. It can be safely applied to sensitive skin. The oil obtained by extraction requires special attention. You need to carefully and carefully apply it, because it can easily cause allergies or other unpleasant manifestations.
Professionals recommend choosing myrrh oil, which is produced by distillation. It is as safe as possible.
Despite the many beneficial properties of myrrh oil, it also has its own contraindications for ingestion:
- Liver disease.
- Inflammation of the intestines.
- Kidney infections.
It is strictly contraindicated to take the plant, its extracts for pregnant women. It increases the tone of the uterus, which can lead to miscarriage or premature birth.
Mirra oil must be used correctly. The application largely depends on the problem to be overcome. To care for hair, skin of the body and faceYou can add the product to the already familiar cosmetic preparations. For every 10 ml of the base base, 5-7 drops of oil are enough.
Do you have oral problems? Myrrh is used for rinsing. Just dissolve 2-3 drops of the product in warm clean water.
Muscle pains and frequent spasms eats an opportunity to win if you make compresses with myrrh oil. They must be cold. Add 7 drops to a glass of water. A cloth made of natural material is dipped into the solution. Then it should be applied directly to the affected area.
Myrrh oil is actively used in aromatherapy. It calms, allows you to get rid of insomnia, removes depression, severe tension and nervous disorders. 5 drops of the product must be added to the aroma lamp. This will allow you to fully enjoy the pleasant smell of myrrh and normalize your emotions.
Aromatic baths will help you relax. It is not necessary to be completely immersed in water with myrrh oil. You can make effective foot or hand baths. This will help you relax from unnecessary troubles.
Mirra for nails
Essential oil of myrrh has a beneficial effect on nails. With it, you can strengthen the nail plate, avoid delamination, heal cracks and inflammation that are present on the cuticle. It perfectly nourishes the nails, and also treats them, because it has an antiseptic effect.
You can make your own nutrient at home. For this you will need:
- 4 drops of myrrh oil.
- 15 drops of lavender oil.
- 1 biga spoonful of almond oil.
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
- A large spoonful of jojoba oil.
The resulting mixture is poured into a dark glass container. She needs to brew for about a day. Only then can it be used. 1 drop per 1 nail daily and nails will be he althy, shiny and beautiful.
Myrrh for skin
For the beauty of the skin of the face and body, essential myrrh oil can be used in several ways:
- In its purest form.
- As an addition to existing funds.
- As an ingredient in "homemade" cosmetics.
Some recipes are very simple and accessible to every woman:
- Rejuvenating lifting mask. You will need oatmeal (50 gr). They need to be thoroughly ground into flour. In this form, they are poured with 30 ml of heavy cream. 5 drops of myrrh oil are added to this composition. The finished product is applied to the skin, washed off after 20 minutes, and a nourishing cream is applied on top. The result is clear and supple skin after just a few sessions.
- The mask from scars will help remove traces of acne, wounds, inflammation. 3 drops of grapefruit, clove and myrrh essential oils are added to 10 ml of a regular cream. The finished product is applied to the areas that need it. Rinse off the mask is not necessary. Just wait until the entire product is absorbed.
- Mask - active moisturizing. This is the perfect remedy for dry skin. You will need 2 chopped spinach leaves, 15 ml of vitamin E and quite a bit (literally 3-4 drops) of myrrh oil. Maskapplied for a quarter of an hour, then washed off.
Myrrh oil reviews are extremely positive. According to many women who have used it in practice, this is one of the most effective means for skin rejuvenation. They claim that the texture of the skin is noticeably improved, fine wrinkles completely disappear, others become less noticeable. And in addition - a beautiful complexion.
Some girls share their daily beauty recipe. Cosmetic ice is very easy to make. Myrrh oil and milk are mixed in a ratio of 1:10. All this is poured into an ice mold and put in the refrigerator. Every day, once a day, you can use this tool to wipe not only the skin of the face, but also the décolleté.
Myrrh oil is used not only at home. Professional cosmetologists consider it a very effective care product. After all, it allows not only to restore attractiveness, but also to significantly improve well-being.