Worsted fabrics are materials made entirely or partly of wool. Today they are widely used in the clothing industry. All due to the fact that they have high strength and quality. Worsted materials can be found on the street on almost every third person. They are used to make dresses, shirts, coats, suits and many other parts of the wardrobe.
How they are made
Worsted yarn can be single, twisted or styled. They are created by spinning. This manufacturing method involves the use of wool fibers, which are combed hundreds of times through the entire length with special devices. Through this process, the fibers will be ready for processing, after which worsted fabrics are obtained. To obtain high quality yarn, manufacturers use dyed fibers.
For the manufacture of combined materials, as a rule, mixtures of natural fibers and synthetic fibers are used.
As you know, worsted fabrics that are mademade from a mixture of natural and synthetic fibers, are more resistant to high temperatures and retain their rich color for a longer time.
Dress. To create material for sewing a dress, manufacturers use yarn with a density of 20-35 tex. When spinning such fabrics, the fibers are often supplemented with twisted chemical threads. The most popular fabric in this group is crepe. It is made from yarn that goes through the process of twisting at high speed. Worsted wool fabric for wool dresses is often dyed one tone. This is necessary in order to more favorably emphasize the texture of the material. The range is regularly replenished
Costume worsted fabrics are the most popular. Their density is 15-30 tex. In the process of spinning such fabrics, viscose thread is added. Due to this, the product becomes more durable and holds its shape better. Suit fabrics are much heavier than other types of worsted materials. Metallic threads are often added as decoration. Yarn quality is determined by a perfectly flat surface and the absence of any defects
Coats. Worsted wool blend fabric is also one of those from which coats are sewn. Mostly gabardine and twill. Both types of materials drape well and stand out from the rest with high wear resistance and density. The only disadvantage of this material is whimsical care: it is difficult to iron and wash,it can also dry for a long time if the room is poorly ventilated. Many varieties of worsted fabrics are produced today for sewing women's coats
Advantages and disadvantages of worsted materials
The main advantages of these materials include:
- High dimensional stability. Such products keep the desired shape for a long time after ironing.
- High wear resistance.
- Dry cleaning available.
- Breathable fabric structure.
- Worsted fabrics are almost wrinkle-free.
- Wide range of materials.
The disadvantages of such fabrics include the following:
- Shine of products containing more than 50% synthetic fibers. Some see this as an advantage, while others see it as a benefit.
- Loose threads.
The minimum list of shortcomings of worsted materials once again proves that they are of sufficient quality and are in demand.
- To ensure that the material does not deform during washing, the product must be turned inside out and fastened with buttons (if any).
- To minimize shrinkage, you need to choose a water temperature of no more than 30 degrees.
- As a means for washing, you need to buy powders and rinses for woolen products. They are more gentle: they act less aggressively than regular ones.
- Worsted products should be dried away from radiators, heaters and direct sunlight. This is how you prolong your life.favorite coat, dress or suit for many years and save your budget.
Worsted fabrics are considered the highest quality and most durable. In addition, they are affordable for almost everyone. Products made from this material can be purchased both on the market and in a store or a specialized boutique. However, you should carefully choose the fabric according to the composition, as there is a possibility of acquiring a fake.