With age, women, as well as men, face many problems regarding appearance. But if the male part of the population does not react so meticulously to all changes on its face, then the female part is horrified by this. Age spots, wrinkles, spider veins on the face - everything needs attention. Skin care around the eyes is one of the main factors for clear skin at any age.
Skin is a human organ
To begin with, it’s worth clarifying (suddenly someone doesn’t remember or doesn’t know this from the school curriculum) that the skin is the largest organ of our body, covering an area of approximately 2 m² (this is in an adult, in a baby - a little less). It consists of 3 layers:
- the very first one is called the epidermis;
- followed by dermis;
- subcutaneous tissue is deeper than others.
The density of the skin is different - somewhere thicker, somewhere thinner.
It has a lot of functions, for example, it regulates the temperature of the human body, protects against various microbes, and so on. The ability to do this depends on how he althy the skin is. If you don't take care of her, she willpeel off, will be constantly irritated and itchy, wrinkles will appear on it early. That is why it is so important to take care of our skin.
Besides, this is the so-called mirror of all processes occurring inside the body. And if there are any problems - for example, indigestion - all this will not affect the skin in the best way.
Why skincare is important
As mentioned above, the way the skin looks depends on two factors:
- stable operation of all internal organs (and, as a result, good he alth);
- competent, regular skin care.
About 60% of the moisture present in the human body is contained in it. Without proper care, it becomes dry and inflamed, ceasing to moisturize in a timely manner. In addition, the environment, ecology, and the climate in which a person lives have a great influence on the appearance. And if these factors leave much to be desired, then the skin will not be able to perform any of its functions (to protect the body of its owner, breathe, renew itself, and so on).
In order to create the necessary conditions, it is necessary to clarify what type of skin is to be looked after. There are five in total:
- Dry skin does not show pores, it is matte, very thin, does not tolerate wind and cold, immediately turns red, flakes off. This type is typical for fair skin. It becomes dry due to dehydration of the body, for the same reason it starts earlyaging - the first wrinkles appear quickly enough.
- The oily type is easily recognizable by the characteristic "greasy" sheen due to the large number of sebaceous glands. In such people, the pores are very clearly visible, the nose, forehead, and chin are especially affected - acne and pimples appear on them every now and then. This type of skin is more common in dark-skinned people. It is more elastic than dry skin and ages more slowly.
- Sensitive skin is distinguished by capillaries that shine through it. This is because the vessels are not elastic due to malnutrition, alcohol abuse, and so on. This type of skin is very easily irritated.
- On normal skin, the pores are invisible, it is smooth to the touch, visually clean. Both fat and moisture in it are the optimal amount, so this type of skin does not require special care. However, it is extremely rare, the lucky ones can literally be counted on the fingers. And with age, such skin tends to become dry.
- And finally, the combined type contains signs of both dry and oily skin. It shines on the forehead, nose and chin, while the cheeks are usually dry. This type is the most common.
It is important to remember that whatever it is, for any of us with age, as well as in the cold season, the skin becomes drier and more easily irritated - which means it requires more attention.
Skin around the eyes: features
As mentioned above, the skin around the eyes is the most delicate. This is due to the fact that there is very little fatty tissue under it, and the sebaceous and sweat glands in generalpractically absent. Its thickness here is only half a millimeter (!). Accordingly, it requires much more care, because all the first signs of aging appear near the eyes. In addition, since a person blinks an incredible number of times a day (more than 20 thousand!) And the skin tension in this area is much greater than in any other area.
Swelling that appears under the eyes in the morning is familiar to many. This is due to an excess of fluid that accumulates under the skin during the night, and then manifests itself in such an unattractive way. This, too, can and must be fought. In addition, it is the skin around the eyes that is the first to react to adverse environmental conditions, bad weather or dry air, as well as to all diseases that occur in the human body. Therefore, you should not wait until age makes itself felt and the first network of wrinkles appears around the eyes. Taking care of the skin in this area from a young age will help you keep it in good shape.
Skin around the eyes up to 30
For some reason, it is generally accepted that at the age of 20 you do not need to take care of the skin - it is already perfect. Unfortunately, this is a very common misconception. Even if she is perfect in her early twenties, this does not mean that she will always remain so. And in order to delay the signs of aging and wilting as much as possible, you need to start caring for her from an early age.
In addition, the load on the eyes - and therefore on the skin around them - is enormous for young people. Daily constant TV viewing, "freezing" incomputers, phones and other gadgets do not bring anything good to the eyes or the eye area. And if you don’t take care of the skin, then the first mimic wrinkles can be easily detected already at the age of 20-25 years. And it's good if there are few of them, but there are cases of polar opposites.
But the skin around the eyes care at home requires competent. So, you should not use creams, masks and other products that have an anti-aging effect. In addition, no matter how trite it may sound, but at 20-25 years old, one of the main means of skin care is the establishment of proper nutrition. Light snacks with hamburgers, shawarma, hot dogs - all this is familiar to every twenty-year-old. Meanwhile, junk food is also reflected in the condition of the skin - later it will become very noticeable. So in the daily diet there must certainly be cereals, vegetables and fruits. In addition, it is very useful to get enough sleep.
At this age, it is recommended to do exercises for the eyes - break away from work, computer, books and do simple relaxing exercises. It is good to use various oils, but creams should not be touched until the age of 25.
Skin around the eyes: 30-40
Care for the skin around the eyes after 30 years should already be regular and very thorough. At this age, there are special rules to follow:
- First of all, this is the removal of eye makeup - it is strictly forbidden to use anything other than a special tool for these purposes.
- In addition, daily in the morning and evening should be applied to the skin aroundeye gel or cream (preferably in the evening, this procedure is carried out approximately two hours before bedtime).
- When choosing a gel or cream for skin care around the eyes (reviews recommend stopping at creams for night care and gels for day care), you should make sure that they do not contain a lot of fat, and that they contain caffeine and vitamins A, C, E.
- In addition, it is better to take creams with UV filters. For the care of "post-thirty" skin around the eyes, it is also desirable to use products containing shea butter, peanuts, avocado or royal jelly. But it is better to refrain from alcohol-containing lotions.
- An important factor in the care of the skin around the eyes after thirty are daily washing with cool (but not ice) water and then rubbing the described area with ice, in which you can add juices of berries and fruits, as well as herbal infusions. By the way, tap water contains chlorine, so it is not recommended to use it: it is better to buy clean filtered water or filter it yourself.
When the sun is bright in both summer and winter, it is recommended to wear dark glasses. Well, it is still very important to sleep well.
Skin around the eyes after 40
Approximately at 40-45 years old, hormonal changes occur in a woman's body, as a result of which skin cells begin to renew themselves not as quickly as before (in youth - in twenty-eight days, now - in seventy), they become more dense, moisture faster"leaks" from them, the skin becomes dry, excessively thin - all the veins shine through. The so-called spider veins appear, the complexion becomes grayish, and there is nowhere to hide from wrinkles - however, as well as from swelling under the eyes. All these age-related features should certainly be taken into account when caring for the skin around the eyes after 40 years.
No new stages of facial care at this age have been invented. Everything remains the same - cleansing, toning, nutrition and so on. You still need to wash your face not with tap water, but with clean, filtered or spring water. Face soap at this age should already be thoroughly forgotten: it dries the skin. How about more?
- What must be done when caring for the skin around the eyes at the age of 40 or more (and, by the way, when caring for the entire face) is delicate gommages twice a week. It’s better not to buy masks for cleansing, but to cook it yourself - it’s not so difficult.
- Tonics and lotions, as before, should be purchased without alcohol, and even better - use herbal decoctions: chamomile, sage, calendula. Great for such purposes and green tea.
- When caring for the skin around the eyes in the morning, you should use creams for women after forty and always with a lifting effect.
- It is worth taking such a remedy for the evening so that it nourishes and restores the skin well.
- In addition, in the morning and in the evening, before applying the cream, you must use an anti-wrinkle serum.
At this age it is very important to observe the drinking regimen, move a lot. Well, proper nutrition and he althy sleep are always necessary.
Caring for the skin around the eyes: what and from what
Depending on the existing problem, different remedies can be used:
- For bruises and dark circles under the eyes, a cooling gel with a mandatory caffeine content is perfect - this will give the skin a normal tone.
- Cream with grape extract and caffeine saves well from edema - thanks to these components, excess fluid is removed (and you can also fight edema by consuming more water and less s alt).
- For redness, a cream that contains oats or vitamin B3 will work with a bang.
- A variety of nourishing masks are great for wrinkles - for example, with egg yolk, half a teaspoon of honey and powdered milk. For the same purposes, you can make banana or cucumber masks, as well as oatmeal or potato masks.
- Using tea bags to relieve puffiness, irritation, to moisturize the eyes is another sure remedy. And natural oils are good instead of a night cream for skin care around the eyes (reviews recommend opting for almond, castor or even butter, and grape seed oil is also suitable).
Care products: how to choose the right one
The trading network offers a wide range of various products for skin care around the eyes at home. Choosing fromthem, remember the following things:
- You need to take those in which there are no "spreading" oils - they can get into the eyes and cause irritation.
- No need to believe the text on the packaging of a cream or gel that they will remove mimic wrinkles. The latter are located deep in the dermis, where no agent can penetrate.
- When fluctuating between gel and cream, you should pay attention that the first is better for the day, the second - for the night; gel is good for oily and young skin, cream - for dry and age.
A few tips
Good to know:
- To reduce eye strain, it is permissible to sleep in a special mask.
- Eye cream does not need to be applied to the movable upper eyelid. But it is recommended to apply it to the area of the so-called third eye - this slows down the appearance of wrinkles there.
- To slow down the aging of the skin, it is necessary to use anti-aging products every day.
- Prolong the youthfulness of the skin will help cold water, as well as ice masks.
- In order to avoid allergies when using new products, they should first be tested: apply a small smear to the skin around the eyes and look at the reaction. However, in order to make sure that there is no allergy and the possibility of using a new product, you must wait a day after the test.
- Decorative cosmetics, like cream, should be applied without stretching the skin.
- Choose cosmetics preferably not the cheapest, so that it does not cause allergies. And makeup should also be done in moderation.
- Moisturizing and nourishing products for the skin around the eyes are recommended to use in the morning.
Caring for the skin around the eyes is an important procedure, which should be started from adolescence. And then, with good nutrition and he althy sleep, the skin will remain young and elastic for many years.