Summer is the time to flaunt in skirts, dresses and shorts! However, such outfits require perfectly smooth legs from the hostess. Therefore, depilation is indispensable. Most popular hair removal methods cause such an unpleasant problem as ingrown hairs. The reasons for the occurrence and ways to solve such a delicate problem, we will consider in this article.
Ingrown hair causes
The use of an electric depilator, shaving, depilation with wax, cream, shugaring - all these methods of getting rid of hair have one drawback: they leave the hair follicle intact, removing only the visible part of the hair above the skin. After depilation, the skin becomes rougher, and growing hairs cannot break through it. The result is hair curling inward and growing under the skin. Black dots after epilation look extremely unaesthetic, especially when the skin is thin and light. Hair growth under the skin can also be accompanied by itching, inflammation, and redness. Removing an ingrown hair on your own can aggravateinflammatory process: an infection can get into the wound, suppuration occurs, and a pigment spot appears at the site of ingrowth, which will be noticeable for several months.
Ways to solve the problem
What should I do if I have ingrown hair after epilation? The easiest way to deal with the problem is to apply a wet compress to the inflamed area. After some time, you need to pick up a hair with a disinfected needle, pull it out with tweezers, and wipe the ingrowth with alcohol. Ingrown hair after epilation in large quantities? In this case, it is best to contact a dermatologist or cosmetologist, as a seemingly harmless problem can cause serious inflammation. In addition, you can try to change the depilation method, before that, waiting for the inflammation to subside. To avoid ingrown hairs after epilation, the first removal procedure after a break should be done in the direction of their growth - irritation will not be so strong.
How to prevent ingrown hairs
Every woman needs to know this. To avoid unpleasant procedures and visits to doctors, you need to do a few simple operations. For example:
- to avoid ingrown hair after epilation, before the procedure, it is necessary to steam the skin with high quality by taking a hot shower;
- skin must be clean, because if dirt or sebum gets into the hair follicles, inflammation will occur;
- if shaving is the main method of hair removal, you need to shave along the hairline and howyou can clean the blade more often. It is very important to use a quality razor;
- at the end, apply a special product to slow down hair growth;
- the next day after depilation - time for peeling the legs with a hard washcloth or scrub. This must be done several times a week;
- no need to remove hairs if the skin has inflammation and irritation;
- depilation is best done before bedtime.
In addition to hair removal at home, depilation can also be done in the salon. Popular laser and photoepilation, after which the hairs do not appear for a long time. Stay he althy!