Most women are dissatisfied with their natural shape of the eyebrows, moreover, with age they droop a little and make the look gloomy and angry. To give a beautiful expression to the face, to achieve the effect of rejuvenation, you can just choose the right shape of the eyebrows. In the article, we will consider how eyebrows change the face, as well as ways to care for the problem area.
The most common eyebrow shapes are:
- Horizontal. The beginning and end of the brow arch are on the same level.
- Ascending. The inner part of the eyebrow is located below the tip.
- Falling. In this case, the tip is below the base of the eyebrow.
- Smooth brow shape. Considered the most preferred.
- Round eyebrows. Most often, oriental women choose the form, the arc in this case is pronounced.
- Broken. The shape makes the look more open.
- House. Visually lifts the upper eyelid.
Photos of eyebrow shapes for different types of faces youcan be found in the sections below.
Round and oval face
If you don't know how eyebrows change the face, and choose their shape based on the type of face, you should know: first of all, you need to hide the flaws in appearance and highlight the advantages.
- For example, to correct a round face, in no case should you make rounded eyebrows, they will only enhance its sphericity. Here, the ideal option would be a broken shape with a short end, the elongated end, again, visually expands the circle. Thanks to this option, the focus switches to a kink, which in addition lengthens the face.
- Horizontal eyebrows are considered the preferred shape for an oval face. They soften the elongation of the oval and slightly round it. The smooth shape of the eyebrows also looks good, it slightly softens the boundaries of the oval. However, special attention should be paid to the correction of the hairline, it should not be too wide or thin, in addition, it is good if the arc is not too raised.
Square and rectangular face
To soften the angularity of the lines of a square and a rectangle, rounded eyebrows will help. At the same time, its base should be wide, gradually turning into an almost straight line. A bend passes over the middle of the eye, and then the eyebrow drops down again. The corners should be slightly pointed. When choosing a shape for a rectangular or square face, it is worth remembering that thin and short eyebrows should be avoided. How eyebrows changean angular face, seen in the picture below.
Heart shape and diamond
If we talk about the shape of a heart or a triangle, then the forehead is especially prominent here, it makes the upper part of the face heavier due to the narrow and pointed chin. The correct shape of the eyebrows will visually balance the proportions of the face. The horizontal shape should be immediately excluded, the eyebrows should have a rounded or ascending line with a raised tip. If the tails of the eyebrows are lowered down, the face will look tired. In principle, it is quite clearly visible how the shape of the eyebrows changes the face in the photos presented in the article.
Professional makeup artists often call a diamond-shaped face a diamond for its similar shape. This shape is characterized by angular lines and wide cheekbones, so the eyebrows should soften the features, making them less sharp. Pronounced kinks and horizontal lines should be avoided, only a slight bend at the highest point of the brow lift is acceptable. The best option would be a brightly defined, rounded and smooth hairline.
Eyebrow shape depending on the shape of the eyes
When choosing the curve of the hairline, you need to take into account that the eyebrows change the face so as not to look ridiculous. The shape of the eyes is of no small importance here.
So, it is advisable for owners of small eyes to give up wide eyebrows. The best option would be thin or medium thickness lines. If we talk about the form, here it is better to give preference to rounded arcs, but chubby girlssuch eyebrows are contraindicated. But big eyes, on the contrary, look harmoniously framed by wide eyebrows, while the thin shape hides their beauty.
If the eyes on the face are wide, the eyebrows, the base of which is modeled closer to the bridge of the nose, will help to visually bring them closer. In the case when the eyes are set close to each other, the eyebrows, on the contrary, need to be slightly spaced, moving them away from the bridge of the nose.
With the so-called "sad" eyes, when the outer corners are slightly lowered, it is recommended to choose a shape with a high arc or a sharp bend. This trick allows you to visually lift the corners of the eyes. If the eyes have a pronounced round shape, eyebrows with a kink shifted to the temples help to stretch them a little. An excessively oblong and narrowed incision reveals the shape of the eyebrows with a house with a bend above the pupil.
To choose the right eyebrows for the shape of the face, it is necessary to take into account their proportions relative to other elements of the appearance.
Before you start coloring your eyebrows or correcting the shape, it is important to determine the correct proportions. Do it like this:
- First of all, you need to pay attention to the fit of the eyes. If the distance between them is greater than their length, then the eyes are considered wide apart and, conversely, if the distance between them is less than the length, then the eyes are set close.
- The next step is to mentally divide the eyebrow into three parts: base, bend or highest point and tip.
- For the correct definitionproportions from the wings of the nose mentally draw three lines. The first rises vertically upwards to the beginning of the eyebrow, the second - from the starting point through the pupil to the bend, the third - through the outer corner of the eye to the tip.
Each point can be marked with an eyebrow pencil and through them draw the outline of the desired shape of the eyebrows. Further, correction is carried out on it or permanent makeup is done.
If a girl is interested in how the shape of the eyebrows changes the face, then she can experiment at home, drawing a different curve of the arc with a makeup pencil.
How to draw eyebrows correctly?
Adhering to the following recommendations, any girl will be able to draw perfect eyebrows:
- First of all, they must be combed with a special brush in an upward direction. If one is not at hand, a well-washed brush from an old carcass will do. Thanks to this manipulation, gaps between the hairs that need to be painted over are visible.2
- It is necessary to start drawing the contour with special care. It is important here to choose the right shade, as close as possible to the natural color, so that the eyebrows look natural.
- To paint over the voids between the hairs, as a rule, felt-tip pens or eyebrow pencils are used. If you need to completely draw an eyebrow, then it is recommended to use matte shadows. The pencil is ideal for drawing the outline, if you completely paint over the eyebrows with it, they will take on an unnatural shade.
- The contour drawing starts from the bottom of the eyebrow, and then complements the top. The lines must be symmetrical. The contour is drawn on both eyebrows and only after that they start painting the inside. Fill in the brow with light, jerky strokes.
- In conclusion, the form must be fixed. Do this with the help of eyebrow gel, it can be colorless or tinted. The hairs are fixed in the right direction and retain their shape for the whole day. In the absence of gel, you can use the usual hairspray, they are lightly sprayed with an eyebrow brush and smooth the hairs.
We looked at how eyebrows change a person's face. But it’s not enough to find out which arc shape is right for you. To keep the look for the whole day, you need to know how to properly care for your eyebrows.
After the curve lines have acquired an ideal shape corresponding to the type and proportions of the face, it is necessary to provide them with proper care:
- In order not to lose and keep the shape of the eyebrows for a long time, you need to pluck the hairs as they grow back. If they do not fit with any cosmetic products, they are at least combed with a brush.
- You can grow your eyebrows and make them thicker by including foods high in vitamins A, C, E in your daily diet. In addition, it is recommended to use natural oils such as castor or burdock, they strengthen the follicles and stimulate hair growth. Rose, lemon and lavender oils have proven themselves well. Apply them nextway: a cotton swab is moistened with oil and the eyebrows are smeared, after 30 minutes it is washed off or soaked with a napkin and left overnight. The procedure is carried out daily until the desired result is obtained. If an allergic reaction occurs, stop using the oil and try replacing it with another product.
- When applying care lines or decorative cosmetics, avoid getting funds on the eyebrows. If this happens, it is carefully removed from the hairs, since the composition of products not intended for eyebrows can adversely affect their growth.
- Another effective way to grow eyebrows is not to carry out correction for several months. Of course, this method is not suitable for every woman, but the result will pleasantly surprise you. In this case, the woman will see how the eyebrows change the face (photos are presented in the article) and, perhaps, choose a different shape of the hairline during the next correction.
To avoid mistakes when self-correction of eyebrows will help the recommendations described below:
- The optimal width for any type of face and eye shape is the average size of the hair arc. If necessary, it can be easily made thinner or wider in the future.
- The shape of the eyebrows can also be determined by the lips. So, thin and graceful curves are ideal for thin lips.
- Wide eyebrows are more suitable for those with large facial features.
- Fair-haired girls are recommended to color their eyebrows a tone darker, and dark-haired girls, on the contrary, a tonelighter.
- A sharp break in the arc of a triangle gives the face seriousness.
It is not necessary to have the eyebrow shape corrected by a master, you can do it yourself if you approach the issue thoroughly and understand how eyebrows change the face.