Currently, beauty salons offer women a wide variety of hair coloring techniques. Each lady can choose the most acceptable option for herself. In the article, we will consider the most popular hair coloring schemes. We hope that every lady will be able to choose the way of painting curls for herself.
The most common hair coloring technique, which consists in evenly applying paint to curls. The result is a single shade of strands. Also, classic coloring has a very important plus: it is very easy to change the hair color. But along with this, when painting curls with this method, factors such as the natural shade of the strands, the color of the eyes and skin should be taken into account. By following them, you will not be disappointed with the result.
How to color curls in one color?
If you decide on the classic way of painting strands, then you should first study its technology. Consider a one-tone hair coloring scheme:
- Divide the strands into four parts: two parietal and two occipital. Secure each with clips.
- Paint should be applied from the back of the head. Start coloring your hair from the roots, gradually moving towards the ends.
- Similarly, apply paint to the parietal areas. Apply paint to the hair near the temples should be last. The fact is that the thinnest hairs grow there, which are quickly colored.
- After you distribute all the paint, carefully comb the strands. So you can achieve an even distribution of the coloring matter.
This variant of hair coloring in popularity gives way only to dyeing strands in one tone. This method is unlikely to go out of fashion. The reason is the constant improvement of methods for highlighting strands, the emergence of new varieties. Highlighting is the clarification of individual strands. You can perform it on both light and dark hair.
Let's take a closer look at the highlighting of the staining scheme. The two most popular options.
For this technique you will need strips of foil, which should be two to three centimeters longer than the curls to be dyed. Bend the edge of each strip. Select the specific strands for painting yourself, based on your preferences and the shape of the hairstyle.
- Pull up the strand you intend to lighten and place foil under it so that the folded edge is closer to the ends of the hair.
- After making sure that the adjacent extra hairs do not fall on the strip, you can start lightening. Apply the colorant from the ends to the roots.
- After you have applied the lightening paint, fold the foil and secure with a non-metallic clip.
- Lighten the rest of the strands in this way.
- Having kept the dye on your hair for the necessary time, you can begin to get rid of the curls from the dye. This should be done gradually: unfold the foil from one strand and rinse off the clarifying agent. Repeat with the rest of the curls.
- After that, rinse your hair thoroughly again. Apply a conditioning balm.
Highlighting with a hat
This option is suitable for lightening short strands and medium length. Put a special hat on your head. It can be purchased at the store. It comes with a highlighting kit.
With a fine-edged comb, gently pull out the strands you want to lighten. Apply dye to them. After a certain time, wash off the dye from the hair.
Modern ways of dyeing hair
Above we looked at two of the simplest techniques for painting curls. Now let's take a closer look at the schemes of complex hair coloring. Among the most popular are such as bronding, balayage, ombre and shatush.
You can lighten your hair with this method. A feature of armoring is the lightening of the strands along the entire length, with the exception ofroots. With this staining technique, two colors of paint are used. Important note: the difference between the shades of the coloring matter should be a maximum of two tones.
- The first step in dyeing is the preparation of the paint. Choose the right shades and prepare the composition in different bowls. In the second, let the paint be lighter than in the other cup.
- Comb the curls and divide them into six zones: above the forehead, parietal, two occipital parts and two side parts.
- When bronding, the coloring scheme looks like this: you need to color the central part of the hair with a clarifier from the first bowl. Start painting from the back of the head.
- Color the tips with the dye from the second cup.
- Leave a few strands, wrap the rest in foil.
- On the remaining unpainted areas, make a few light strokes with paint.
- Stay the bleach on your hair for half an hour. Then remove the foil and comb the curls. This will achieve smooth transitions, and as a result, the coloring will look natural.
Another trendy coloring technique is this one. Balayage is a lightening of selected strands. Shades of paint are selected close to the natural color of the hair. The roots of the hair remain undyed. Transitions between shades of paint can be made sharp or smooth as desired.
It is important to choose a good master, otherwise the result may disappoint you. The hairdressermust have excellent taste, artistic approach to coloring in this way, choose the right shades, take into account what image you want to create.
Balayage color scheme
- The paint begins to be applied, starting from the ends of the hair. The dye is left on the ends for a few minutes for better impact.
- After that, you can start dyeing individual strands. Having colored the selected curls, the master leaves the dye on the hair for twenty minutes.
- The last step is the decoration. Here the hairdresser should feel like a real artist. With thin strokes, he distributes the paint along the entire length of the curls. The result should be natural transitions between shades.
You can also watch a video on how to dye your hair using the balayage technique.
Dyeing technique in which the hair roots remain undyed. At the same time, the hairstyle does not look sloppy. The so-called effect of burnt ends is created if you do a classic ombre, which involves highlighting the lower part of the hair. You can use other contrasting colors to create a stylish, unusual look.
Let's consider the classic option of how to dye your hair ombre:
- To do this, divide the hair into four zones: two temporal and two occipital.
- Apply color to the side strands. After - on the occipital region. (Leave a little coloring composition. It will still come in handy.) Where to start dyeing hair in an ombre scheme, you decide for yourself.Based on the border of the transition of colors, the coloring agent is applied just below it.
- In this hair coloring scheme, the paint is evenly distributed on the strands. The differences should only be visible upon close inspection.
- Wrap dyed curls in foil. Leave the dye on your hair for twenty minutes.
- After the specified time, wash off the dye. Dry your hair.
- Now it's time for the rest of the paint. It is necessary to achieve a smooth transition between natural hair color and dyed strands. Apply it just above the passing border.
- Stay the dye on your hair for ten minutes.
- When washing off the coloring compound a second time, use a hair balm.
This coloring is very similar to balayage. The hair roots in both methods remain unpainted. But the technique here is different. Shatush is performed through a pile. If you want to achieve the effect of burnt strands, then this is the method you need. Shatush looks interesting on dark hair.
The salon dyeing technique is as follows: take a strand no more than one centimeter wide in your hand. Comb it lightly and apply a coloring agent. After keeping the paint for the specified time, you can wash it off and apply a balm. Thanks to the bouffant, a soft transition is obtained between the natural hair color and the paint itself.
Another way to dye shatush on dark hair you will find in this video, as well as other techniques. Usethe most liked option.
Shatush at home
- Part your hair in a vertical parting
- Fix the top section of hair with clips. From the remaining curls, braid small pigtails. The length of the braid depends on what result you expect. Usually it is seven to ten centimeters.
- Fix the ends of the braids with silicone rubber bands.
- Apply dye to loose tails. After you color them, curls need to be laid in foil.
- The hair dye should be kept for half an hour. After that, it is washed off, and the dyed curls are tinted.