Tonic balm (or, as non-specialists call it, tonic) is a balm with coloring properties. It not only gives the hair the desired shade, but also makes them shiny, soft, and tightens the structure. The cost of the balm is low - only about 150 rubles, so "Tonika" today is one of the most sought after products for those who want to change their image for a while. Light blond tonic allows you to give your hair a noble cold shade, while maintaining the he alth and beauty of curls.
Tint Balm Benefits
The most gentle coloring agent for hair is balms that give shade to hair. As part of "Tonic" there is no ammonia, but it includes many caring components. As a result, the use of the product allows you to achieve a beautiful and deep color without spoilingthis hair.
But everyone's favorite tonic also has disadvantages - the instability of the resulting shade. Bright strands of saturated color do not please for long: after a couple of weeks, the color becomes much dimmer, and after a month it is washed out completely. Extremely bright shades may not completely wash off, as a result of which you have to resort to decoupage (washing with a bleaching powder or low oxide cream).
Composition of tinted balm
The composition of the "Tonic" includes the following caring components:
- Beeswax - has a light gluing, soldering effect. It gives the hair smoothness and shine, seals split ends, levels damage along the length of the hair.
- Essential oil of flax seed gives the hair volume, makes the structure more dense (this is especially noticeable immediately after the toning procedure, as the tint balm is washed out, the effect disappears).
- Cetearyl alcohol - makes hair soft and manageable.
- Citric Acid - has conditioning properties, making hair easy to comb and tangle-free.
Tonic Shade Palette: Rich Choice
The palette offers many shades - dark, bright, as well as shades for blond and naturally light blond hair. The color of "Tonic" on blond hair is intense and lasts longer than on dark hair. True, this is not always good. On bleached hair (since their structure is damaged), the tonic is eateninto the cuticle, causing it to fade, but not wash off for many months.
Light blond "Tonic" is represented by the following markings in the palette:
- 8.10 (pearl ash) - gives an amazing ash tone without a hint of ignoble yellowness, suitable for both blondes and owners of light blond hair;
- 7.1 (graphite) - a little darker, but it allows you to achieve a cold light blond tone;
- 9.03 (fawn) has a golden pigment, resulting in a beautiful light golden color.
Do I need to lighten my hair before toning?
Using a "Tonic" light blond shade implies pre-lightening the hair only if it is naturally quite dark (above 7 tone depth levels). Lightening damages the hair structure. Before deciding on this procedure, you should consider whether such a shade is really desirable, and whether the girl is ready to buy expensive care products to keep her hair he althy.
Hair bleaching can be done both at home and in the salon. Immediately after the bleaching procedure, it is necessary to protonate the strands. To do this, you can use the "Tonic" light blond shade. Shade labels have been listed above.
Light "Tonic" on light brown hair
If the hair is naturally blond and fairly light, then you can tint it withoutpre-lightening. For example, the shade "Graphite" is ideal for this purpose. "Tonic" of a light blond shade numbered 9.03 or 8.10 may not cover the native pigment, the color will turn out to be dirty and uneven.
During the toning procedure, be sure to wear gloves. The pigment can eat into the skin of the hands - this is also a small minus of Tonics. Light blond color implies the presence of a purple pigment that remains on the surface of the skin and objects. If drops of balm get on the bath or tile, you should immediately wash them off, otherwise the pigments may eat into the surface of the plumbing, and you will have to make an effort to wipe them off.
After the toning procedure, you can not use an additional mask and balm. But care products will come in handy at the moment when the color begins to wash off the surface of the hair. Protein and nutrient masks help prolong color vibrancy.
Light Blonde Ash Tonic
Shade 8.10 is ideal for either previously bleached hair, or for those girls whose curls are naturally almost white. In both cases, you can use "Tonic".
Photos of a light blond shade confirm that it looks luxurious. Cold, without a hint of yellowness and redness. It perfectly complements the image of girls with porcelain, white skin and light eyes. Reviews of the "Tonic" light blond shade report that the hair (even previouslydiscolored) look very dignified. The structure is filled, the strands are elastic and dense. Appears he althy shine and softness. Alas, the effect fades after one and a half to two weeks. A new toning treatment is needed to restore the luxurious look to the hair.
Hair care after using "Tonic"
Despite the fact that the tinting balm does not contain ammonia, its use damages the hair structure to some extent. In particular, in order for the color to be fixed, it is necessary that the scales of the hair open up and absorb it into themselves. From one procedure, of course, there will be no harm. But if you repeat the toning procedure several times in a row, the hair will become brittle and may begin to split. To prevent this, you should follow the rules for caring for tinted hair:
- I need to find a shampoo for colored hair. In this case, it does not matter whether the hair was dyed or tinted. In both cases, an acidic environment is needed to maintain the shade when washing - this will not only help to keep the shade longer, but also add shine to the hair.
- Many girls after the toning procedure complain that their hair gets tangled after washing. And untangling with a comb makes them very brittle. To avoid this, you should choose a quality air conditioner.
- After every hair wash, use a mask. It is optimal if the composition contains proteins or keratin - it is these components that seal the damaged areas of the hair cuticle. As a result, the hair looks likefrom advertising care products. Masks with such components in the composition can be found in the lines of manufacturers of professional care products ("Matrix", "Estelle", "Capus", etc.).
- If a girl regularly uses a hair dryer and a hair straightener, then thermal protection should be used. This tool is available in the form of a spray, cream, wax. There are thermal protections with a slight antistatic effect.