Most modern women constantly dye their hair, achieving the coveted shade. Many are in pursuit of natural colors that will look most harmonious with their color types. But the brightest and most extraordinary personalities are not afraid and choose bolder colors. We have blue hair dye on the agenda. Who will suit the color, what shades does it have, how will it fit into this or that image?
It was previously believed that bright and unnatural hair color is a sign of the teenage stage of development. Only representatives of informal associations could afford such a defiant image that literally shouted: "I'm not like all of you." But today the line that divided the world into "civilians" and "informals" has been erased. Many trends that were created in the punk rock environment conquered the catwalks, and bluehair dye turned out to be one of them. Nowadays, a whole lot of its shades stand out, they are considered from a purely stylistic point of view, they are “adjusted” to the color type, adjusted according to the type of haircut. A girl who wears blue hair, of course, will stand out, but no one will consider her a freak anymore.
Blue color in all its manifestations and varieties is, in fact, light blue. Blue, in turn, is the personification of peace, harmony, magic and mystery. It is often used by psychologists in order to relieve tension, tune in to relaxation, and allow distraction from problems. It performs approximately the same functions as a hair dye. The blue color has some differences - it is a little brighter, lighter, more expressive, but the essence remains the same. The shade is very calm, soft, pleasant. It will look unique on the hair, especially and very bewitching. It is worth comparing this tone with the rest of the extreme palette. Perhaps only lilac and purple shades have such "calm" qualities.
Pros and cons
Like any other hair color, blue has its strengths and weaknesses. After studying them, you can rationally weigh whether you should paint in this shade. Let's start with the positives:
- Style becomes individual and unique.
- Chic selection of shades.
- Makeup will look brighter and more attractive.
- Can be matched to different color types.
Now let's highlight what problems blue hair dye will create for you:
- Permanent further care - nourishing hair, maintaining shade with paints and tonics, protecting them from hot air.
- The result is difficult to predict, especially if you wear makeup at home.
- Not suitable for brunettes, as the blue tint is light.
If earlier you often dyed your hair with ordinary dyes, choosing natural shades, then you probably mixed the main pigment with a developer, that is, peroxide. This mix should be applied to the curls and kept for half an hour, maybe more, then washed off. In the case of extreme makeup, which makes it possible to get a blue tint of strands, things are different. Oxygen is not attached to it, it is self-sufficient and is applied to the curls in the form in which it is in the jar. Speaking of jars - blue hair dye will be very similar to a tube of blue gouache. You will have to apply this thick, bright substance to clean, towel-dried hair with a brush, hands (gloved) or a comb - here it is convenient for anyone. Such a pigment is washed off the hair without shampoo after 15-30 minutes.
What is your hair like now?
Like any other shade, blue can ideally "lie down" exclusively on blond or bleached hair. You can’t just buy a jar of paint and apply it to brown or blond strands, expecting thatafter 20 minutes they will become the color of the sea wave. A similar technique will work if you are now a blonde, and your hair has a platinum tint, without golden and copper impurities. In all other cases, it is recommended to pre-lighten the hair, then neutralize the yellowness with a purple tonic, and only after proceeding to apply blue dye.
Another important point is hair treatment. If you have severely damaged them during bleaching, then restore them before applying pigment to them. Otherwise, the result of staining may not be what you expect to see.
Now let's move on to brands that make blue hair dye. Feedback on each will also be provided.
Perhaps this is the most famous brand in the world of extreme hair cosmetics, which has been familiar to us since the 90s. Until now, the quality of this product has not been subjected to any criticism or doubt. It is a favorite of all lovers to look bright, stylish and unique. What shades of blue can be found in the palette of this brand? In fact, there are a lot of them, and they are incredibly diverse:
- Blue Moon - cold, translucent, but very expressive paint. It has a slight smoky tint, but does not look "dirty".
- VooDoo Blue is a magical, rich color that consists of turquoise and dark blue with a gray tint.
- Bad Boy Blue is an almost neon color that teeters on the edgelight blue and bright blue.
- Atomic Turquoise - soft, warm, turquoise, associated with the waves of the ocean, the same turquoise and cool.
A young hair dye company focused on the pastel palette. A feature is that there are no harmful components in the composition of the dyes - they are all based on natural herbs and extracts that do not have a negative effect. Shades of blue hair dye, which are presented within the framework of this brand, amaze with their subtlety and uniqueness.
- Sea Witch is a very light and soft tone that balances on the verge of turquoise and green. Accurately imitates the color of the sea bay, but at the same time has a pronounced light undertone.
- Cyan Sky - A rich, deep yet subdued shade of bright blue.
- Moon Stone, or "Moonstone" - light blue hair dye. The color is an exact imitation of this semi-precious mineral.
- Pearl Winkle - a shade on the verge of light blue and pearl. Very light, light, but at the same time cold and expressive.
User opinions indicate that the paint is incredibly resistant. Moreover, she has a secret - if you keep it on your hair for more than 2 hours (and this is allowed), the shade will be incredibly bright and persistent.
Anthocyanin Second Edition Acid Color
A dye that is opposite in composition to the previous one. It is not permanentcontains ammonia, but at the same time has laminating properties. The palette of blue shades is very rich and allows you to choose the right option for every taste and color type:
- Peprmint Blue is a bright, rich, almost neon hue with no depth.
- Sky Blue is a very sophisticated, unusual color with a slight smoky finish.
- Steel Blue is a grey-blue hair dye that is very light but rich at the same time and has a lot of depth.
- Mint Blue is a bright, warm and cheerful turquoise color.
Quite easy-to-use paint, which has long been loved by modern girls. Affordable price and good durability.
British brand that produces products for extreme coloring and for creating unique tattoos. It has only two blue shades in its palette, but their feature is that they are ideal for representatives of warm tones:
- Turquoise - unsurpassed turquoise. The paint literally glows, it is very bright, warm, perky. It will look great on "autumn" girls.
- Lagoon Blue is a deeper and calmer color. It has a cold undertone, unlike the previous version.
The paint is easy to use, has a standard composition and reasonable price. The only thing that does not suit customers is a small palette.
Recently insale appeared blue hair dye from "Garnier". It is presented in a single shade - "blue aquamarine", and has a second name - Vivids. The product is unique in nature, while it has excellent coloring abilities. Allows you to instantly remove the previous shade, even if it is warm, and turns hair into a kind of pearlescent iridescent jewel. Very thin, cold and at the same time rich color.
As we already understood, blue shades on hair can be divided into two categories - cold and warm. It is cold ones that predominate, since the blue color initially differs in just such a character. This palette is ideal for representatives of summer color, as well as for all other young ladies who have very light and smooth skin with a cold undertone and bright eyes. But the warm shades of blue are rich turquoise. They will look great in combination with dark skin, and against the background of freckles, and against the background of green or brown eyes.