Pigmentation is an unpleasant cosmetic defect that appears for various reasons. It delivers psychological discomfort, especially to the fair sex. Let's try to understand the causes and treatment of pigmentation on the face.
When does pigmentation appear?
Such spots can be found in both girls and women over 50. Usually this defect appears after 35-40 years. Very rarely, the defect disappears on its own, usually it takes considerable effort to eliminate it. Age spots, in fact, are places of a large accumulation of melanin - a pigment that is located in different layers of the epidermis. With its deposition in the upper layer, pale spots appear on the skin. They range from light yellow to brown.
Otherwise, hyperpigmentation is presented, deposited in the deep layers of the epidermis. In this case, dark brown spots form on the skin. The disadvantage brings a lot of inconvenience to women, and even prevents them from applying makeup.
The causes and treatment of pigmentation are interrelated. The choice of a way to eliminate a skin defect depends on the first. Before doing so, it is advisable to consult withspecialist. To understand what this flaw looks like, just look at the photo. Treatment of pigmentation is performed in a complex manner. And the causes of the disease may be as follows.
Pigmentation may appear due to a genetic predisposition. Usually spots occur in newborns. In this case, it is necessary to seek advice from a pediatric dermatologist or surgeon. Pigmentation may be a symptom of a serious illness.
Pigmentation of a rich shade appears during menstruation, pregnancy, within a year after childbirth or hormonal disorders. Experts call it chloasma and advise against taking any measures on your own.
If hormonal disorders are caused by an illness, then it is necessary to treat the underlying disease.
Endocrine pigment spots appear due to gynecological diseases, neoplasms of the pituitary gland, disorders of the thyroid gland. After the cure, the hormonal system is restored, the deficiency becomes paler, and eventually disappears.
This deficiency on the skin appears due to complex cases of acne, furunculosis, chemical and thermal burns, poor-quality peeling and other injuries. The intensity of the defect depends on the characteristics of the skin and the depth of the lesion. Sometimes local remedies are not enough to get rid of the pigment, so complex treatment is required.
Pigment spots of this type appeardue to the negative effects of the sun's rays and other sources of ultraviolet radiation. They usually occur on the face, as the skin there is thinner. Melanin protects the skin from burns and stains it dark. And frequent visits to the solarium and / or the beach at odd hours provoke the pigment to lie down unevenly.
Spring sunshine is considered no less harmful: after winter, the skin of the face is partially depigmented. Sometimes even the use of sunscreen does not protect against stains. You just don't need to be in the sun for a long time during the day.
Reddish spots are formed with a violation of the intestines, and brown - with diseases of the liver or gallbladder. The appearance of a yellowish-brown defect is associated with kidney disease. In this case, separate treatment is not required, you just need to stick to a diet and normalize the functioning of internal organs.
The defect is formed due to metabolic disorders and / or hormonal disruptions. The spots vary in shape and size.
Pigmentation often appears for this reason. Spots are usually formed with a lack of vitamin C and copper. If you eliminate the lack of these substances, then the defect will eliminate itself.
Often a flaw appears after a long-term use of drugs. This is especially true for antibiotics. In this case, you need to visit a doctor, informing him of the occurrence of a deficiency. The specialist will change or cancel the drug.
It appears due to improper use of care products. Rash and spots on the skin are formed after the use of unsuitable cosmetic products. Allergies can be caused by essential oils or improper skin cleansing.
Dark spots appear after 40-45 years. The reason for this is the increased production of melanin and its uneven distribution, as well as hormonal changes and skin aging. Sometimes a defect can form due to the presence of chronic ailments.
The occurrence of this type of pigmentation is not dangerous, but it always confirms the presence of failures in the body. When it appears, you need to think about the state of he alth and undergo a diagnosis.
Pigmentation treatment should be prescribed by a cosmetologist. Its basis is the elimination of the causes that caused these manifestations on the skin. To determine them, you may need to consult a therapist, gynecologist, endocrinologist and gastroenterologist. The diagnosis will make it possible to prescribe a course of treatment for pigmentation or the underlying disease. Already by its middle, the defect becomes pale, which will now be easier to eliminate.
Cosmetologists advise using the following treatments for facial pigmentation:
- beauty treatments;
- traditional medicine.
Each of these wayseffective. If you correctly perform the prescribed treatment of pigmentation, then the condition of the skin of the face will noticeably improve. She will become more beautiful and he althier.
Skin pigmentation is treated with the following whitening products:
- Hydrogen peroxide. It is necessary to apply a solution (3%) only to areas with defects, as he althy skin can be injured.
- Cream with mercury. It is allowed to use it for a short time, because irritation may occur due to prolonged use. The product is prohibited for use by pregnant and lactating women.
- Zinc paste. The product perfectly whitens the skin, allows you to get rid of wrinkles and acne.
It is necessary to use such funds after consultation with a specialist in order to exclude harm to he alth. You also need to carefully read the instructions.
This treatment of pigmentation on the face can only be carried out by a cosmetologist or dermatologist. The method is chosen individually, it all depends on the severity of the defect, location, indications and contraindications.
Whitening in progress:
- Ultrasonic or chemical peeling. The type of procedure should be determined by the doctor. For chemical peeling, glycolic, fruit and other acids are used. They renew the upper layers of the skin, eliminate pigmentation. Ultrasonic peeling is performed with special equipment that introduces preparations into the upper layers of the epidermis that renew andskin whitening.
- Laser. It is carried out with the help of laser beams, which gently remove the top layer of the skin and renew it. This technique is traumatic and painful. After it, healing agents are needed. The procedure is best performed in winter, because during this period the sun's rays are less active. In addition to whitening the skin, laser beams improve its condition: it becomes young, elastic.
- Phototherapy. The procedure is carried out by a laser device that produces intense light pulses. Light waves only hit pigment spots and destroy cells that contain a lot of melanin.
Pigmentation is also treated with special whitening creams. Only they can be used under the supervision of a specialist, because due to inept use, negative consequences may appear - there will be more defects.
The doctor determines the type of remedy and excludes contraindications. Some creams, for example, cannot be used for kidney and liver diseases. And others are contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Often used for whitening:
- Cream "Achromin Alen Mak". With it, stains are gently eliminated and the skin is protected from ultraviolet radiation.
- Cream "Retin-A". Reduces the amount of melanin in the skin.
- VC-IP solution. Protects against hyperpigmentation of the upper layers of the skin.
Effective is a comprehensive solution to the problem. Therefore, to eliminate this type of deficiency, it is necessary to use various means,prescribed by a doctor.
Pigmentation treatment at home is done with masks and lotions that you can easily prepare yourself. Popular recipes include the following:
- You need to grate the cucumber, and apply the finished gruel for 30 minutes on your face. The mask should not be washed off, it should be removed with a tissue.
- Fresh yeast (20 g) mixed with lemon juice (15 ml). The finished gruel is applied to the face, and after 15-20 minutes it is washed off with warm water.
- Chopped parsley (2 tablespoons) should be poured with water (100 ml). The remedy is infused for an hour, and then filtered. Milk (100 ml) is added to it. The lotion can be used to wipe the pre-cleansed face 2 times a day.
- The infusion of parsley after straining should be poured into molds for water and put in the freezer. Washing with such ice cubes in the morning will help get rid of stains and tighten pores.
- Rice flour (2 tsp) is mixed with honey (1 tsp) and vinegar (1 tbsp). The gruel is applied for 30 minutes. The mask is removed with a dry cloth and the face is rinsed.
- Almonds (0.5 cups) must be twisted through a meat grinder and mixed with lemon juice and water. The mixture is applied for 20 minutes and then washed off.
- Boiled potatoes in their skins need to be peeled and mashed with a fork. Add the yolk to the puree. The mask is used for the face. It is kept until the potatoes cool, and then washed off.
- Protein should be mixed with lemon juice (from ¼ fruit) and hydrogen peroxide (3-4 drops). The mask is applied to the face, and after 10 minutes it is washed off and the skin is treated.nourishing cream.
- Milk and water should be mixed in an amount of 3:1. The face should be wiped at night.
Folk remedies have a mild effect. To avoid skin irritation and allergies, it is advisable to test them before use. To do this, the agent is applied to the inside of the forearm. If after 15-20 minutes there is no redness, then the procedures can be performed.
Even if the treatment of pigmentation on the face at home has brought positive results, he alth care cannot be left. Be sure to use sunscreen, as well as regularly visit a doctor to correct the underlying ailment. It is also important to eat right and take preventive measures in the spring. After treatment, you should not stay in the sun for a long time: it is advisable to sunbathe in the morning until about 12:00 and in the evening - after 16:00. This lifestyle prevents hyperpigmentation.
Who should I contact? With age spots or other changes in the color of the skin, you need to go to a dermatologist. However, to identify the factors that led to skin disease, consultations with other specialists may be needed. The photo testifies to the effectiveness of medical procedures. The causes and treatment of pigmentation can also be established by a cosmetologist.
Thus, pigmentation on the skin is treatable. It is only important to pinpoint the factors that led to this. With the right treatment, the appearance of the skin of the face improves.