Many people plan to shop in Florence - the city of art and the great creations of mankind. The Italian city has all the advantages of other popular shopping destinations. Markets, outlets and boutiques in Florence provide a large assortment, like in Milan, not too high prices, like in San Marino, as well as a large number of souvenirs, like in any capital.
Those who want to buy a lot of new clothes go shopping in Florence, but at the same time save money as much as possible. You can buy at a low cost here:
- Fur and leather. In Italy and other European countries, fur coats and leather jackets have always been considered fashionable. Inexpensive shopping in Florence allows you to visit many shops and all kinds of stalls, where such products are presented in unimaginable quantities.
- Clothes and shoes. Small shops sell items of branded clothing and shoes forreasonable prices.
- Antiques. Historians by profession or just people who are fond of antiques will definitely be interested in strolling through antique and flea markets.
- Jewelry. Connoisseurs of expensive jewelry will be able to visit unique places where the workshops of Florentine jewelers and shops selling products are located.
- Souvenirs. In each city, tourists buy traditional souvenirs in memory of the trip. Shops in Florence sell Murano glassware, Venetian lamps, embroidered linen and soft homemade napkins.
The most profitable time for shopping are sale periods. At this time, the cost of the most popular products is reduced by 60-70%. Promotions are invariably arranged only twice a year and last for two months:
- from July 7 - summer discounts;
- from January 7 - winter.
Fashionistas who regularly shop in Florence, who have already got used to all the nuances, give practical advice to beginners. In order not to get into trouble and visit the city with benefit, you should adhere to the following recommendations:
- First of all, you need to clarify whether the bus goes to the right shopping center. Some large outlets provide tourists with their own buses, with which you will definitely not get lost.
- If you have a license, you can rent a car to get around the city faster. Multi-brand malls are located at a great distance from each other.
- During the sales season, people in all outlets, boutiques andthere are a lot of shops, so it’s better to come shopping in Florence on the third day, when there will be fewer people.
- In most boutiques, new goods are delivered on Fridays, but on Wednesday-Thursday the assortment will be small.
- For the best shopping in Florence, you need to allocate the whole day, because in a couple of hours you can’t do it here.
- Most malls are closed during the holidays (August 8-21).
- Without knowing the city and the features of the boutiques, you should choose shopping with a stylist. In Florence, this will not be a problem. The service involves accompanying a tourist by a professional who will help you choose the most suitable things and avoid scammers.
- When you see a discount of up to 90%, you should not immediately purchase the product, as it can simply be discounted due to poor quality. There are unscrupulous merchants here, as in any other country, and goods with serious defects are present even in the collections of world brands.
Favorite stores in Florence
One of the most beautiful cities in the world is Florence. Shopping, reviews of tourists about which there are different, is performed not only by guests of the city, but also by local residents. The most preferred places for the residents of Florence themselves are:
- BARONI. This shop offers visitors to buy a glass bottle of Tuscan oil for only 18 euros. It is located right next to San Lorenzo Central Market.
- DINO BARTOLINI. Boutique located on ViaMaurizio Bufalini presents a range of designer tableware. You can visit it any day of the week.
- ELISIR ECOPROFUMERIA. At 44R, Via Pietrapiana, perfume relics are sold that the locals are simply crazy about. Along with wonderful aromas, you can buy marble blocks for 30 euros, as well as linden oil for 50 euros.
- LIBRERIA EDISON. The bookstore welcomes visitors every day until midnight. It sells black notebooks of famous brands worth about 10 euros, as well as historical novels and postcards with natural beauties. And this magnificent place is located on Piazza 27R, Piazza della Repubblica.
- GALLERIA PONTE VECCHIO. The ceramic kingdom, located at 104R, Via Guicciardini, where the Florentines themselves recommend buying blue and yellow ceramics. Masters create goods with their own hands and present them to visitors. Anyone has the opportunity to go there and just look at the work of specialists.
These are the difficult shops Florence has. Shopping (reviews are a direct confirmation of this) in this city is liked by people from different cities and countries. For each guest, there are sure to be good little things for which it is not at all a pity to give a few euros. And below are the places that are most interesting for tourists, as well as real reviews about them.
San Lorenzo Market
The largest, and most importantly, the most photogenic place in Florence is the market of San Lorenzo. Here you can find exotic fruits and other food products that will certainly please gourmets. Buildingwas built back in the 19th century, and all this time it was respected by all local residents and visiting guests of different nationalities.
The market is located in the city center, not far from the Basilica of San Lorenzo. You won't be able to get there on Sunday and Monday, as these days are always considered days off.
Market shopping in Florence has different reviews. As in any market in Moscow, St. Petersburg or any other city, there are always a lot of visitors crowding near the most interesting stalls. But still, the Florentine market is visited by polite people with whom you can quickly find a common language. In addition to this advantage, tourists also highlight a rich selection of goods: food, clothing items, simple accessories, and so on.
Florence Shopping: Outlets
Many outlets accept payment cards. Some stores even have a rule: purchases worth more than 500 euros are not paid for in cash. And the procedure for paying for goods is exactly the same as in ordinary shopping centers.
Outlets offer high quality leather goods and fashion brand accessories. Also noteworthy for every guest are the collections of clothes and shoes of average cost.
When heading here for new clothes, you can be guaranteed to replenish your own wardrobe with things from famous brands, but at the same time save a lot. In addition, outlets are distinguished by a convenient layout and location of goods, so you can have time to buynecessary things, and then go for a walk around the city or visit a museum. This advantage is especially appreciated by people who come to Florence for just a day.
There are outlets throughout the city where things are sold at discount prices throughout the year - all of them are listed below.
Barberino Desinger Outlet
Shopping in Florence on your own can always be done in the largest outlet located in the small town of Barberino (30 kilometers from the city). Italians and fashionistas from afar come here regularly. The outlet has more than a hundred stores selling items from world brands (Adidas, Prada, Calvin Klein and many others).
You can easily get to the town by purchasing a ticket for a special bus route. The vehicle departs from the Fortezza da Basso stop and takes passengers to their destination fairly quickly.
The outlet is open from 10 am to 8 pm on weekdays, and from 10 am to 9 pm on weekends.
People are satisfied with the price level and constant discounts. Very often, visitors pay only a third of the total price, which is almost never found in other stores of this type.
In addition, tourists are attracted by the opportunity to drink a cup of coffee or delicious hot chocolate, as well as try traditional pastries from the chef.
The Mall Outlet
An equally popular place, located literally 30 minutes from Florence, where discounts are oftenreach 70%. The complex contains about a hundred stores selling products from brands such as Armani, Valentino, Fendi and so on.
The price range directly depends on the season in which things were released from any collection. For example, here you can buy a wonderful leather handbag for only 300 euros or a luxurious high-quality raincoat for 350 euros.
You can get to the outlet by bus for 5 euros, by minibus that picks up all hotel guests for 3 euros, as well as by train for the same cost or literally in 5 minutes by taxi for 10 euros.
The multi-brand mall is open daily from 10 am to 7 pm.
The only drawback that guests of the city note is inconvenient transportation. Since the cheapest option is a minibus, there are always a lot of people on it, which is why you have to feel compressed for more than half an hour.
But upon arrival at the outlet, tourists are instantly charged with positive and energy. They first visit the cafe, tasting the chef's signature croissants and great hot drinks, and then go shopping.
Brand items are sold by professional consultants who help you choose the most suitable items. They answer all the questions in an accessible way, which absolutely all customers like.
Valdichiana Outlet Village
A huge outlet, located 100 kilometers from the capital of Tuscany, presents famous Italianbrands in 160 stores.
At reasonable prices, you can buy household goods, jewelry, shoes, clothes, chic hats and other little things here. Products from last year's collections are always sold at times cheaper.
You can only get to the outlet by train arriving at the Arezzo railway station, after which you will need to transfer to a bus that will take passengers directly to the entrance to the building. In total, you will need to spend no more than 10 euros on the trip.
The multi-brand mall can be visited from 10 am to 8 pm any day of the week.
Reviews from guests of the city
Tourists note that in between shopping, you can get distracted and visit entertainment centers, bars, children's play areas, where there are always free places due to the large area. And at the end of the day you can taste wine, watch colorful shows and go home with a positive mood. Also, concert programs that could interest visitors did not go unnoticed. In these performances, people learn something new for themselves and just relax after a hard day.