Modern fashion never stands still, this also applies to trends in manicure and nail art. Today, there are many new nail design techniques. One of the latest favorites of fashionistas around the world is sugar manicure. The chic velvet-like patterns look simply amazing and are suitable for both everyday life and special occasions.
The essence of sugar manicure
From the very beginning, "sugar effect" manicures were done using ordinary sugar particles. But this material turned out to be not universal, because the sugar grains are too large, besides, the manicure does not last long due to the fact that sugar melts quickly - it dissolves during the first hand wash.
However, manufacturers of materials for nail service did not take long, they offered the masters a special powder called melange, which allows you to create the effect of sugar on the nails. It is suitable for both gel coat and regular polish.
The special composition of the powder resembles colored dust. It is applied to wet gel paint orcolored polish, creating an incredible marmalade manicure. Small grains of sand lie evenly and quickly on the nail plate and fit any look.
Velvet sand (melange powder) can be found in any specialized store or ordered online. The grains of sand have a beautiful shimmer, so the sugar manicure is amazing and easy to perform.
Benefits of sugar manicure
Girls and women around the world are increasingly choosing this type of manicure because:
- in this design, nails look stylish and attract the attention of others;
- using this technique, you can cover all the nails, or you can cover only certain parts of them, which will make the design even more original;
- the procedure does not last long and can be easily done at home;
- the material used in the work is quite resistant: it will stay on the nails when doing household chores and frequent contact with water;
- if you do not do your own sugar manicure, but turn to the master, then it can last about three weeks.
Materials and tools needed
To create a sugar manicure you need to prepare:
- buff with medium abrasive, natural nail file, bond and dehydrator;
- base, top, colored polishes, powdered sugar for nail design, gel paint and a thin brush (if you plan to do a drawing on the nails).
Sugar manicuregel polish
This design looks more advantageous on extended nails or on gel polish. It is in these cases that it is possible to create not just a marmalade coating, but to perform various patterns and patterns that imitate a sugar coating.
Step by step instructions for sugar effect on nails:
- First of all, you need to perform a standard manicure procedure, shape your nails, remove gloss with a buff, degrease your nails and apply a bond on them.
- Next, the nail plate must be covered with a base and sent to the lamp. After that, it is necessary to apply gel polish of the main color in two layers on the nails, polymerizing each of them in the lamp.
- On the residual stickiness of the varnish, melange powder is applied with a pusher or brush. It is best to do this procedure over a jar of material, so you save decorative rubbing.
- After that, you need to cast a little finish on the foil (this is done so that the powder does not get into the bottle with the brush) and cover your nails with the brush from the old bottle. The nails are sent to the lamp, they are dried longer than usual.
- To make the sugar manicure with gel polish look more natural and believable, after drying, the nails are covered with a second layer of top. Without drying it, the nail plate is re-sprinkled with melange and sent for drying. Finally, use a fan brush to scrape off the residue and rub off protruding particles with a stiff brush.
Manicure "granulated sugar" with acrylic powder
If specialized powdermelange could not be found or there is no way to purchase it, then you can find a replacement for it. An excellent alternative would be colored or transparent acrylic powder with the addition of various pigments, which is used for nail extensions.
This replacement is almost equivalent. The melange is slightly larger, but the acrylic powder is finer, and even the thinnest lines can be sprinkled with it. On the nails, this material is held as firmly as the melange. When performing a similar manicure, you can use gel paint or gel polish to draw patterns.
Sand effect polish
A nice novelty in the world of manicure is sand nail polish. The composition of varnishes with a sugar effect includes small particles (often these are silicone grains of different sizes). It is they who create the effect of a rough surface on the nail plate. In addition, small sparkles are often included in the composition, thanks to which the manicure is obtained with a gentle shimmer.
Using this nail polish is as easy as using a regular glossy nail polish. Additionally, you will need a base for varnish - the first thing that is applied to the nails is it. After that, the bottle with sugar varnish should be shaken so that the grains of sand are evenly distributed throughout the jar, and only after that apply the varnish on the nail plate.
To make the manicure look more saturated and textured, you need to apply sand varnish in two layers. And in order to slightly smooth the rough surface and further fix the manicure, nails can be coated with a fixative varnish.
Sugarmanicure allows you to create a unique structure on the nails, and the design looks bold and attractive. At the same time, decorative sand can not be applied to the entire surface of the nail. The patterns covered in sand look stunning.