The most classic way to tie a tie is the Windsor knot. It is chosen by beginners who are just learning how to tie ties. This rather large knot has a double fastening of the widest end of the accessory. Its shape outwardly resembles a triangle, and not simple, but isosceles. Even out-of-shape ties will look presentable with it.
Windsor Tie Basics
The main characteristics of the node are as follows:
1. Great for a sharp chin.
3. Can visually shorten the neck if tied with a wide tie.
4. Ideal for wide-set collars.
5. It dissolves itself.
6. Great for stretch ties.
7. Neat pleats under the knot.
It is not a continuation of the Half-Windsor, because it is tied in a completely different way. Although many often confuse them.
Many mistakenly believe that the Windsor knot owes its appearance to the Duke of Windsor. It has nothing to do with its creation, just a knotwas named after him. At that time, he had many fans who followed him in matters of fashion.
How to tie a tie
To tie a Windsor knot on a tie, follow these instructions:
1. To begin, lay the wide end of the tie over the narrow end, and then pass it through the resulting loop, leaving the end on the left.
2. Wrap the wide end around the left side of the buttonhole and behind the knot.
3. Now move it to the right.
4. Pull the wide part up and then through the loop.
5. Move it down to the left side.
6. Wrap the wide end around the top and slide to the right.
7. At this point you should pull the wide end up behind the knot and through the loop.
8. Now you need to thread the wide end through the knot, and then straighten it.
Stick to these instructions and, most importantly, don't be discouraged if the Windsor knot doesn't work the first time. Repeat your attempts several times before everything comes out. So that you understand how to tie this knot after all, we advise you to carefully look at the diagrams given in the article.
The double Windsor knot is the choice of real men. Such a knot on a tie makes it clear to the interlocutors that in front of them is a knowledgeable and self-confident person. It should be noted that not only men, but also women like it. Most likely suchthe effect is created by its size. Beautiful and properly tied knots are sexy and attractive. As noted by many women, wide ties with a massive knot are very attractive.
A few tips to help you:
1. Be careful when choosing a tie. The most ideal option is a medium-width tie. But this is far from the only condition for creating an attractive appearance. When choosing a tie, consider the width of your chest, shoulders, and your body type.
2. The length of the product is also of great importance. Short ties will look funny and ridiculous. Large knots such as the Windsor knot do not fit this type either.
3. Originality should be in moderation. Remember! Eccentric designs on a tie are appropriate only when you wear it to a children's party.
4. The color of the tie depends solely on your taste. The Windsor knot will look great in any color. If you want to buy a solid color item, then try to choose the highest quality option, made from good material.
5. If you want to look masculine, then buy paisley ties. Neat diagonal stripes are the best option.
6. To complete your look, add the right accessories, such as a tie clip.
Now you know everything about how to tie a Windsor knot. In fact, this knot is quite simple, but it is not always possibletie the first time. However, do not be upset about this, make an effort - and you will succeed. Trust me, your efforts are worth it. Nothing beautifies a man like a beautifully and neatly tied tie.