Some girls think that short hair looks unfeminine and it is difficult to come up with a beautiful and original hairstyle with them. But the pixie cut is proof that short hair can be stylish and can be styled in a variety of ways.
What is this hairstyle
Pixie haircut is layered. The front strands are made longer, and the sides are cut shorter. This haircut is made on the basis of another, no less popular - bob. Stylists have moved a little away from her classic form and prefer a more uneven silhouette and provocative audacity. Girls who choose this hairstyle are bold and creative.
Pixies are chosen by many celebrities. Due to the fact that the strands have different lengths, this hairstyle looks textured and original.
Features of the haircut
Due to the fact that it is made on the basis of a bean, some people confuse them. They have similar features, but the pixie haircut has its own characteristics:
- the ability to create different styling, which will diversify your image;
- to createhairstyles take a minimum of time and you only need styling products;
- suitable for thin hair;
- highlighting and coloring looks especially bright on such a haircut;
- suitable for everyone, regardless of age;
- strands tousled;
- neck and ears open;
- long strands at the back of the head, crown and bangs.
If a haircut has the above features, then this is a trendy pixie.
Who should do
Who is the pixie cut best for? Due to the fact that it opens the neck and ears, you need to objectively evaluate your face shape. In addition, you need to select more carefully and makeup, because this haircut focuses on facial features. Therefore, it will suit the owners of large facial features.
This is the perfect option for thin and straight hair. Styling a pixie haircut will be very simple. If you have too thick curls, then you need to make thinning. But on thin hair, it is not necessary to perform milling, layering is suitable for them.
The ideal face shape for a pixie cut is oval, slightly elongated. If you are the owner of too curly hair, then you better choose a different hairstyle. Because curly hair is quite difficult to style. Also, you better not do this haircut if you have small features, because this way you visually make them even smaller.
If you want to add volume to your hair, then thanks to the layering, pixie will be a good solution. This short hair looks greatboth without bangs and with it. Pixie haircuts are not suitable for overweight women. Therefore, before choosing this hairstyle, objectively evaluate the appearance.
How to choose a haircut for your face type
In order for the hairstyle to look most impressive and emphasize your dignity, you need to consider your face shape.
- Chubby girls will suit asymmetry and elongated bangs. The strands in the temporal region should be at the level of the cheekbones or slightly longer. Additionally, you can make a voluminous crown.
- The most lucky girls with an oval face shape - any haircut option will suit them.
- For those with a heart-shaped face, a pixie with long oblique bangs and a voluminous crown will suit.
- Girls with a square type need to choose a shape so as not to focus on wide cheekbones and forehead. Therefore, oblique bangs are suitable for them.
- Owners of a too long face should not choose a too short pixie, because it will visually make it even more oblong.
- If you have a too narrow forehead, you need to create volume in the temples and bangs.
A well-chosen pixie haircut for short hair can make your face more proportional and emphasize your advantages.
Hairstyle and hair type
Hair type must be considered during styling. This haircut is not suitable for owners of curls, especially if the curls are too small. And if you are the owner of a light wave, short strands will look romantic. On hardhair will look good elements of the cascade and graduation.
It is very easy to make a pixie haircut based on straight hair. If you have very thick hair, then the main thing is that the image does not turn out to be too "prickly", and the strands should not stick out much. Therefore, masters usually mill them. On thin hairs, the layering technique is used, which allows you to get the effect of a voluminous hairstyle.
Varieties of haircuts
There are several pixie options. The main thing is to keep the proportions in the haircut. It comes in the following varieties:
- short hair is in "artistic mess";
- if you want to keep the average length, they need to be cut to the level of the lobe;
- layered haircut is popular with girls due to the fact that it is easy to care for and style;
- you can make ultra short bangs;
- you can make a haircut symmetrical or asymmetrical.
You need to choose the right option based on the characteristics of your face and hair type.
Step-by-step hairstyle creation
To make a pixie haircut for short hair, you will need:
- thin comb;
To make cutting easier, lightly wet your hair.
- First part from temple to temple through the back of the head.
- You need to cut from the temporal areas, peeling along the partings to the length you need. Haircut like thisway from both sides to the back of the head.
- Next, start working with the area on top, above the line of the ears. Divide the hair now with vertical partings.
- Cut the strands through your fingers. Thin out.
- Cut the parietal region in the same way. After all the strands have been processed, dry them. To make the transitions between sections smooth, thin out.
The back of the head is the most difficult to cut beautifully, so you should only do a pixie if you are sure that you can do it well.
How to get voluminous, smooth or classic styling
You can find various photos of pixie haircuts, in which models demonstrate a variety of styling. Spectacular and beautiful hairstyles can be created at home.
- If you want to add volume to your haircut, then to create such a styling you will need mousse and foam. Apply the product to the hair, lightly whisking it with your hands. Blow dry your hair with a diffuser and set with hairspray.
- For a classic styling, apply foam to the strands. Blow dry your hair using a brush, pulling it from root to tip.
- If you want to make a smooth styling, gel will help you with this. The severity of the haircut will add a side parting. You need to dry the curls in the direction of their growth - this is done in order not to add visual volume to the hairstyle. Fix with hairspray.
Such styling is quite simple to make, and they look neat and beautiful.
Styling with bangs
You can find a large number of photos of pixie haircuts combined with bangs. Properly selected, it will become an ornament and a great addition to the hairstyle.
- Very youthful and extreme styling is combed up bangs. To make such a hairstyle, use a strong hold gel. Divide it into strands and lift them up. This style will help you stand out from the crowd and create an image of a confident and extravagant lady.
- This option will look especially good on owners of a square face shape. Wavy bangs will hide wide cheekbones and add sophistication to the image. Spread the mousse over your hair and curl with a flat iron. This is a very romantic and feminine hairstyle.
- Side-swept bangs will add zest to even a classic pixie style. Its length can be at the level of the chin or cheekbones. This is ideal for those with an oval face shape.
As you can see from the above styling, bangs are an important element of any haircut. She can add a touch of extravagance, audacity, or make it more romantic and feminine.
Other styling options
After looking at the photo of a pixie haircut for short hair, you will understand that such hairstyles with a short length can be not only boyish, but also very stylish and beautiful. And ease of styling allows you to often change the image, which is quite difficult to do with long hair.
- Styling withcurls - the perfect solution for owners of curly hair and those who have chosen an elongated pixie version. Each strand must be fixed with a gel and curled with an iron. You can lay them on their side or in an "artistic mess".
- If you are a happy owner of an oval face shape, then a rather extravagant and at the same time sophisticated styling will suit you - combed back hair. Apply gel to the strands located at the crown and comb the hair back. Apply the gel to the rest of the hair and dry along the hairline so that they become smooth. Or if you don't want to use a lot of styling products, you can just style them.
- You can also use a variety of accessories to make the look brighter and more elegant. Beautiful headbands, various hairpins - this will add femininity and spontaneity to you.
Various coloring looks very impressive: it can be either monophonic or separate "feathers". In the photo of pixie haircuts for short hair, you can find a lot of inspiring images. This hairstyle does not add any masculinity to you or make you look tougher (unless, of course, you have gone too far with the bob hairstyle).
Due to the fact that it is a short haircut, you make the face more open and its features brighter. And in combination with romantic dresses and properly selected accessories, you can create an image of an elegant and touching lady. Women with pixie hair lookstylish, spectacular and can turn from a daring lady into a charming lady in a short time.