This article will discuss how to restore hair at home. To restore the hair, you need regular care. With dull, damaged hair, long-term use of masks and treatment of damage is necessary. We will consider recipes for masks with a cosmetic and therapeutic effect below.
Causes of hair damage
Regular use of a hair dryer, hair dyes, shampoos, leads to thinning and splitting of hair. Improper nutrition, water with chlorine in pools, stress, walking without a hat in winter - all this will adversely affect the he alth of the hair and scalp. Bad habits have a significant negative impact.
Salon procedures can also be harmful: extensions, perms, lamination, permanents. This leads to brittle and lifeless hair. If such problems arise, it is worth starting an urgent recovery of curls.
First of all, you should establish proper nutrition and start drinking vitamins forhair strengthening. Without these conditions, hair can fall out heavily, be weak and lack luster.
Calcium-rich foods will help solve the problem: cottage cheese, oily fish, eggs, legumes. It is also useful to include more greens, fruits and vegetables in the diet. Care must be taken when dieting, as malnutrition will affect the hair.
During the period of hair restoration, it is advisable to refrain from ironing, curling irons, hair dryers, refuse to use hair dyes and replace shampoo with a baby one, with a sparing effect. It is even better to wash your hair with egg yolk. Special cosmetic masks will significantly moisturize and strengthen the hair.
There are many folk remedies, and how to restore hair with their help, will be discussed later. They may even be more effective and he althier than store-bought ones.
Hair treatment after extensions
Extensions can take a heavy toll on your hair. Treatment after this procedure is simply necessary. They can become thin and strain-damaged at the sites of extension. Hair restoration masks have a good healing effect.
An effective means of recovery is a kefir mask. In 100 g of kefir, add 1 yolk, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Next, add 100 g of mustard powder. Mix the composition, distribute on the hair, warm with a towel. Wash off the mask after 25 minutes.
Recovery with saline is also effective. Dilute 1 cup of plain s alt with water. Apply the composition to the roots, wrap with a towel and keep for an hour, after whichwash away.
Hair treatment after ironing
Most often, flat irons are used by owners of wavy hair. Curly curls themselves are weaker and thinner. Therefore, thermal exposure is more detrimental to them than to other types of hair. Cut off dry ends, make nourishing masks 2 times a week.
The milk-honey mask will perfectly soften and nourish the hair. Hair will become shiny and silky. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon full fat milk. To moisturize your hair, add a few drops of ylang-ylang essential oil.
Hair restoration after lightening
With frequent lightening, hair can suffer significantly. As a result, they become dry, tangled and brittle. Blonding is the most harmful of all types of staining. The chemicals in bleach burn away the top layer of hair, resulting in brittleness.
When lightening hair in the salon, the hairstyle will look very beautiful and well-groomed for some time. But in the absence of special care, they also become dry and naughty.
Basic rules of care after clarification:
- use special shampoos and balms, thermal protection;
- be sure to wear hats in winter and summer;
- you need to wash your hair after combing the strands, apply detergent with gentle movements (starting from the roots);
- minimize the use of hair dryers, curling irons, ironing;
- cut the ends of the hair monthly.
You can restore bleached hair in the salon with the help of cauterization. The procedure has a deep effect on the hair structure with therapeutic components. It is necessary to do about three such procedures to consolidate the effect. In the future, repeat the treatment once a month.
It is much cheaper to make hair lamination, but the restoration will be superficial. Hair will become strong and smooth. Lamination can be done by yourself at home.
Let's consider effective masks for hair restoration:
- Mix of oils. Mix coconut, burdock and castor oils. You can add some other favorite essential oils. Rub the heated composition from the roots along the entire length. Warm your head with a special hat and towel. Keep for an hour, then rinse with warm water. Make this mask once a week. It is advisable to treat the ends of the hair with the product daily.
- Kefir mask. Apply heated kefir to the hair, warm the head. Wash off with shampoo, rinse with a decoction of nettle or chamomile.
- Mask with regenerating effect. Spread castor oil in a warm form on the hair and leave it overnight. To enhance the therapeutic effect, you can add 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of castor oil, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 yolk. Rinse hair with nettle infusion or water and lemon juice after use.
- Mask with glycerin. The composition will nourish dry strands. Mix the beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of glycerin, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 2 tablespoons of burdock oil. Apply tohead, wash off.
To improve the effect of masks, you can add vitamins A, B, C. Recovery will be significantly accelerated.
Recovery after washing
Consider how to restore hair after washing. It is done when receiving an undesirable shade of hair. The procedure dries out the hairline and makes hair brittle, so you need to take a course of recovery.
Colorless henna is a good remedy. Steam the contents of the sachet in hot water, add a little olive oil and apply on the head while warm. Spread the porridge-like mass evenly on the head and rub into the roots. Wrap your head in a towel for a better effect of the composition. Wash off after 10 minutes.
Decoction of flax seeds will soften the hair and make it elastic. The tool will protect the hair from harmful factors until the next shampooing. It is necessary to brew 3 tablespoons of seeds per 1 liter of water.
Recovery of burned hair
When severely damaged by chemical dyes, the hair becomes simply terrible. But, fortunately, at home there is an opportunity to treat hair and give it a normal look. Treatment masks will smooth and seal damaged scales.
The restoring composition with 2 teaspoons of glycerin, 2 tablespoons of burdock oil helps perfectly. Add 1 egg yolk, apply warm. Put on a hat, a towel and keep the mask on for an hour. Wash off the composition with herbal decoction of nettle or pharmacy chamomile.
Gelatin mask will smooth andwill give hair shine (as after lamination). Dissolve 1 tablespoon of gelatin in a glass of boiling water, mix. Add 2 teaspoons of burdock oil and vitamin A. Keep the mask on for 45 minutes.
Recovery of hair loss
Massage is a great way to improve blood circulation and hair growth. You can do it with brushes, combs, fingers.
During the procedure, use essential oils. You can pour a few drops of oil on the comb. At the end of the massage, it is recommended to make a nourishing mask. This is a quick way to prevent falling out and bring damaged bulbs back to life.
Mask with honey and onions will help to cope with hair loss. Despite the not very pleasant smell, onions have a stimulating effect on growth. To prepare the composition, mix onion juice and honey in equal proportions. Apply for 30 minutes. With constant use of the recipe, you can forget about the problem of falling out.
Feeding hair roots with vitamins will also have a good effect on growth. To do this, you can buy special vitamins in ampoules. Spray your hair regularly.
Mask with dark beer and honey allows you to achieve amazing results. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm beer. Apply thoroughly to the roots, keep for 30 minutes. With daily application, you will become the owner of luxurious hair.
Hair restoration with shampoos
For damaged hair, you can use restorative shampoos for hair. The funds have a soft base, notoverdry, gently cleanse. These shampoos repair the hair, they usually include oils, vitamins, herbs, proteins.
Shampoos of this type protect hair with UV filters from external influences. They contain protective ingredients.
Proteins included in shampoos restore the structure of each individual hair. Vegetable proteins: soy, rice, almonds, silk. They give curls density and elasticity.
Damaged hair has a porous structure that easily absorbs beneficial substances when shampooing. Herbal ingredients heal the hairline from the inside. For example, tea tree extract or fruit acids.
It is advisable to choose a shampoo for recovery without silicone, as such products make the hair heavier. Hair gets dirty quickly when using cheap shampoos with silicone. Professional shampoos do not weigh down the hair, creating a thin protective layer. But when recovering, it is better not to use such products every day.
Long hair especially needs to be restored, as it is most prone to splitting and delamination at the ends. Finding the right shampoo for your hair can be tricky. Shampoo that works well on the ends of the hair can make the roots greasy.
There are double action shampoos:
- Gently cleanses hair while reducing sebum at the roots.
- Restore damaged hair.
Shampoos containing panthenol, modified proteins -suitable for daily hair washing. They do not weigh down the hair and help to improve the condition of the curls.
Hair treatment with oils
You can easily restore your hair with oils at home, you do not need to buy expensive cosmetics for this. Since ancient times, oils have been used for beauty and he alth. Hair repair oils are as follows:
- Avocado oil. Contains many vitamins and other beneficial ingredients.
- Pumpkin oil. Helps fight breakouts. Contains a large amount of vitamin E. Beta carotene, acids - regenerate damage.
- Castor oil. After using this product, the hair becomes obedient, smooth and silky.
- Linseed oil. Hair after exposure to oil will take on a he althy look. The product is rich in vitamins, which improves the structure of the hair.
- Wheat germ oil. It is used against prolapse, accelerating blood circulation. Nourishes and strengthens the roots. It is a source of protein, a storehouse of vitamins.
- Almond butter. Contains vitamin F, antioxidants. With regular use, the curls will be elastic and shiny.
- Coconut oil. A great way to protect and moisturize your hair. Included in many cosmetics.
- Orange oil. A great helper for hair loss, dandruff and dry hair. The oil is rich in vitamin C, which helps to strengthen the bulbs.
- Corn oil. It is used to improve hair. It is also useful to use thisoil inside, which will have a beneficial effect on the hair.
Folk remedies for recovery
Simple home remedies can transform the look of your hair:
- Mask with mayonnaise. Mix the crushed black bread with two tablespoons of mayonnaise, add the egg. Distribute on wet hair, wrap with a towel and wait 30 minutes. Hair will become soft and silky.
- Mask with yogurt. Take half a glass of full-fat yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of beeswax in liquid form. Add egg white and a few drops of castor oil to the mixture. After 20 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Homemade shampoos. In half a glass of water, add 2 tablespoons of lanolin, 1 teaspoon of glycerin. Also a great option is a homemade hair mask that restores: wash your hair with an egg once a week.
- Mask with sultana grapes. Squeeze the juice from the bunch of grapes, add 1 tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of linseed oil. Leave the composition on the head for 30 minutes, then rinse. This recipe will restore the structure, restore elasticity.
Home keratin treatment
Consider another method of how to restore hair at home. This method does not harm the hair. Consists of natural ingredients. Keratinization is contraindicated for lactating and pregnant women.
The procedure will protect the hairline from external negative influences: sunlight, cigarette smoke, damage from hairpins and much more.
After thekeratinization hair becomes obedient, beautiful elastic. At first, you need to refrain from hairpins and keep your hair loose. For a while, refuse to go to the bathhouse, sauna, bath and pool. The effect will be visible up to 4 months. Will not affect the appearance of the hair after this procedure, neither washing nor coloring.
For the procedure, prepare: hair dryer, sprayer, iron, round comb. Use a professional product, you can wash your hair with it a couple of times. Next, blot your head with a towel, collect your hair. Then spray a keratin product on the hair with a spray bottle. Comb thoroughly with a comb for quick absorption. Keep the composition for 15 minutes, then dry with a hairdryer. Align with a flat iron, and finally apply a serum containing keratin.
After keratinization, hair needs special care. It is necessary to exclude paints containing ammonia, shampoos, which contain sulfates. Hair coloring is possible only after 10 days, you can wash your hair after 3 days. The use of a hair dryer and ironing is permissible after two days.
Revitalizing hair masks, reviews
Many women like kefir mask. After it, the hair comes to life, becomes unusually soft, obedient. The scalp stops hurting, the feeling of dryness disappears.
Women note that regular hair treatment with oils gives a very positive result. The products contain a huge amount of nutrients, nourish and moisturize the hair. For many, the use of oils has helped to get rid ofhair loss problems.
The use of colorless henna gives a stunning effect. Hair becomes full of strength, shine, elasticity appears. The hairline quickly acquires a he althy look. This tool is inexpensive, available to absolutely everyone. And for mothers on maternity leave, and for students.
Every woman and girl dreams of beautiful and he althy hair. With the help of masks using mustard, many women claim that they were able to quickly grow their hair. Mustard significantly accelerates growth by accelerating the blood circulation of the scalp.
Women who started taking special vitamin complexes noticed an improvement in the condition of their skin, hair and nails. Especially after childbirth, when severe hair loss occurs, vitamin supplements should be taken.
Hair treatment and restoration can take a long time, but any effort is worth it. You can restore the beauty and he alth of your hair again.