We are all used to paying attention to our appearance, taking care of it with the help of various cosmetics. But most often, all care is directed to those parts of the body that are in front of us. The face and hair that we see every day in the mirror, the arms and legs that are constantly in front of our eyes … But what about the fact that a constant independent review is not available? If it is not visible to us, it does not mean that it is not noticeable to others! One such often neglected body part is the elbows.
Elbow care is not a regular routine. Meanwhile, the elbows are subject to no less, and possibly more influence of various adverse factors. Often we do not notice this, but dry skin on the elbows, as well as flaky, and dark skin is not at all uncommon. And, believe me, it does not look attractive at all.
There can be several reasons for the unattractive appearance of the elbows:
- The most common reason why dry skin appears on the elbows is mechanical damage caused by a posture often taken whensitting at the table, leaning on one or two elbows. Remember, don't you tend to prop your head up with your hand while sitting at the computer? That's the same!
- In the cold season, everyone wraps themselves in warm clothes. Often these are clothes made of synthetic materials. It is then that many begin to worry about dry skin of the body. What to do? The only solution is regular maintenance.
- Roughening of the skin can also cause frequent changes in temperature. It is from them that we protect ourselves with the help of warm clothes. Vicious circle.
- Dry skin on the elbows can be the result of frequent and long baths. Tap water containing chlorine dries out the skin.
- Lack of vitamins such as A, E, D, as well as some trace elements also affects the condition of the skin, especially the skin of the elbows.
- In addition, dry skin on the elbows can be a sign of a hormonal imbalance in the body.
How to care for your elbows
As you can see from the list of reasons, if you have dry skin on your elbows, you need to pay attention to your lifestyle and general condition of the body.
- See your endocrinologist promptly if there are any other signs of hormonal imbalance.
- Dress for the season and the weather with natural fabrics.
- When taking water procedures, give preference to the soul. Also, try not to use soap - it tends to dry out the skin. Use shower gels or liquid soaps.
- Rethink your diet. Necessarilyinclude in the diet foods that are sources of essential vitamins, such as fish oil, eggs, liver, carrots, apricots, herbs, vegetable oils and others.
- To soften and brighten the skin of your elbows, use skin care products that can make your skin softer.
Such a problem as dry skin of the elbows is quite easy to treat. With timely regular care, its appearance can be avoided.
For regular care, as well as procedures to restore the attractive appearance of the skin of the elbows, the following products are suitable.
- Include in your list of daily routines the treatment of the elbows with a nourishing cream that has the ability to heal wounds, such as chamomile extract.
- To treat rough skin daily for 10 days, use an exfoliating cream or scrub your elbows after steaming them in hot water with baking soda or sea s alt.
- Before applying nourishing cream, swab your skin with a swab dipped in sauerkraut, lemon or grapefruit juice to brighten your elbows.
- If after 10 days these procedures are not enough, try to soften your elbows with a compress, such as cabbage leaves, which should be poured over with boiling water, then applied to the skin. The compress must be wrapped with a film and a warming bandage and left overnight. The duration of the procedure is also 10 days.