Braids have traditionally been considered a symbol of femininity and beauty. Girls learned the art of weaving from an early age, passing on their experience to their daughters and granddaughters. But even today, hairstyles with braids remain relevant. They are comfortable, simple, and thanks to modern weaving techniques, they are also spectacular. One of the most popular hairstyles for girls today is the reverse French braid. Not only does it look stylish and elegant, but it can also add extra volume to thin hair.
Traditional French braid
Before you start weaving in the opposite way, you should have a good understanding of the principle of creating a classic braid. This will allow you to quickly master a new technique and learn how to make beautiful hairstyles for yourself.
Traditional French braid is braided in the following sequence:
- Comb your hair well while removing it from your forehead. If they are toothin, you can give them extra volume with a pile at the roots.
- From the forehead, select a wide strand and divide it into three more approximately identical parts.
- Cross them together.
- Pick up a small bundle of hair on the right, connect it to the side strand on the same side and put it on top of the central part.
- On the left, similarly, select a bunch of hair with your index finger, connect it with the side strand and with the central one.
- Braid to the back of the head.
- Switch to regular weave and secure at the bottom with an elastic band.
Based on this hairstyle, a braid is woven in reverse. To make it neat, you need to clearly follow the instructions below.
How to weave a braid opposite to itself?
The following hairstyle has a number of advantages. Firstly, it looks more elegant, which means it can also be used to create wedding styling. Secondly, the braid, on the contrary, is ideal for owners of fine hair, as it adds extra volume to the hairstyle. The weaving technique differs from the classical French one in that the hair bundles are added to the side and central strands not from above, but from below. Otherwise, braiding the braid on the contrary to itself is not difficult at all:
- Wash hair, blow dry and comb. If they are naughty, you can pre-treat them with a styling product.
- Select a wide strand at the forehead and use a thin comb to make three bunches of hair of the same size out of it.
- Shift the left strand under the middle one. Make sure that the ends of the hair are not tangled with each other.
- Move the right strand under the middle one.
- Pick up a strand on the left from the loose hair and connect it to the main left bundle.
- The resulting strand is placed under the middle one.
- Similar actions are performed on the right.
- Alternately picking up the strands, the braid is braided to the end.
To make the hairstyle look more voluminous, you can additionally stretch the loops from the braid during the weaving process.
Hairstyle with two reverse braids
The next hairstyle looks even more interesting and elegant. It is based on two French braids in reverse. To create such a hairstyle, you will need a little more free time and patience, but the result will definitely please you.
Step-by-step actions in this case will be as follows:
- Divide the hair into two equal parts along the central parting.
- Pull the hair of one part into a bun with an elastic band so that it does not interfere with the process of creating a hairstyle.
- On the other hand, French braid in reverse using the technique above.
- Braid the second braid in the same way as the first. You should especially try to make the braids identical.
- Fix hair with hairspray.
Perky back braids
The technique for creating the next hairstyle has a lot in common with weaving two reverse braids. For herhair should also be divided along the central parting. But only braid weaving is performed not from top to bottom, but vice versa. And already at the top of the remaining ponytails, stylish and playful bunches are twisted.
Step by step, the whole process of creating a hairstyle with braids is to perform the following steps:
- Divide the hair along the central parting into 2 parts. Fix one of them for a while with an elastic band so that it does not interfere when creating a hairstyle.
- Bend your head in front of a mirror and start braiding from the roots of your hair.
- Weave to the top of the head, and then go to a regular braid. Fix the ends of the hair with an elastic band.
- Make a bundle out of the braid and fix it with hairpins.
- Do the same on the other side.
Fishtail braid reversed
The following hairstyle is perfect for both formal events and school days. The fishtail looks stylish and neat. Well, it’s not difficult to figure out how to weave a braid on the contrary:
- Separate a wide section of hair from the forehead and begin weaving a reverse French braid. Just take a few steps down before moving on to creating a fishtail hairstyle.
- Connect the middle strand to the right.
- Separate a thin bundle of hair from the edge of the right strand and connect it under the braid with the left side.
- Select a small part of the free hair on the right and bring it under the braid on the left as well.
- Similarly, follow the steps on the left side, bringing out strands of hair on the right side.
- Weave the braid in this order to the base of the neck, then go to the usual "fishtail" and finish the hairstyle.
Waterfall Reverse Braid Hairstyle
We offer another option for stylish styling for every day or for a celebration. In fact, the next hairstyle with a scythe only has not so much to do with the technique of creating a "waterfall", but it looks no less impressive.
Step by step weaving process is as follows:
- On the left side at the base of the forehead, straight from the roots of the hair, weaving a reverse French braid begins.
- Weaving continues to about the ear, after which it turns into a regular braid. To make it voluminous, you need to pull strands out of it.
- The braided braid is wound behind the second ear and fixed with a hairpin. The rest of the hair is left free. To make the hairstyle look more solemn, they can be wound with a curling iron or curlers.
How to do a reverse side braid?
When creating the next hairstyle, follow this sequence of steps:
- Divide hair into two unequal parts. The result should be a straight parting on the right side.
- On the side with more hair, the reverse French braid begins. To do this, a wide strand is divided into three parts.
- When performing the technique, loose strands are picked up on the left side and on the right andunder the central part of the hair.
- By repeating the same steps, you can do the opposite French braid both on the left side of the head and on the right. It is important to pay attention to the fact that not all hair is woven into the braid from the side, but only thin strands, which can be seen in the photo above.
Dutch crown braid
In this hairstyle, weaving is done strictly along the hairline, and then smoothly turns into a side braid, the reverse of the French one. This styling option is perfect for every day. But only such a braid goes, on the contrary, not for everyone, therefore you should definitely try to perform such weaving in advance.
Creating the braid starts with a wide section at the hairline on the right side above the ear. Then weaving is performed with strands picked up on both sides to about the next ear. In this case, a crown of braid should be obtained on the forehead. The remaining bun of hair is finished in the traditional way.