The tattoo on the legs shows elegance and sophistication. Such a wearable pattern can complement the style and tell a lot about the owner. In addition, with proper selection of images, tattoos on the legs become an ideal and rather extravagant decoration that can be openly advertised, and hidden with a strict dress code.
Disadvantages of tattoos
Pain is the biggest disadvantage of tattoos. Especially when it comes to leg tattoos. Lack of muscle mass due to the large number of large bones causes pain during image filling.
The upper part of the foot near the bone and toes are considered the most painful. It is not so painful to get a tattoo on the legs in the calf area. In addition to pain, the disadvantages include a long period of rehabilitation.
Tattoo on the leg: meaning and types
Legs are a part of the body that has been tattooed for a long time. However, if even 20 years ago this was considered an eccentricity, indicating that the owner belongs to the lowesta stratum of society or is associated with crime, now a person with a tattoo on his leg (the photo of the sketches is in the article) is fashionable and advanced.
Inflicted tattoos are conditionally divided into several types:
- Traditional style appeared in the US in the post-war period. Sketches did not differ in special colors. Their main difference was not beauty, but the very fact of their presence. Mostly roses, sea heroes, an anchor, a heart with an arrow were stuffed. Images applied in this style look great on the bottom of the legs for both girls and guys.
- Demand for ornaments can be explained by the fact that such sketches will always be fashionable. From time immemorial, ornaments have been symbolic and carry various secrets.
- Japanese motifs. These sketches are based on mythology and religious themes. Each individual drawing has its own meaning.
- Under the Celtic patterns understand the interweaving of different patterns. As a rule, sketches of animals and plants are stuffed in this way.
- Fantasy style is an image of fairy tale characters.
- Polynesian images are special patterns in the form of various lines, spirals and ribbons. This style is a kind of life map.
At the moment, the most popular image among female representatives is the image of a bow under the booty, which speaks of the romance of nature. In addition, leg tattoos in the form of lines along the entire length are also popular with girls. They are somewhat similar to stocking arrows. The previously fashionable bracelet is losing itsrelevance.
Men's Sketch Selection
Men's tattoos on the leg speak of the character of the owner. As a rule, tattoos are applied to the shin or calf area. Usually these are sketches depicted in black, but modern fashion dictates its own rules and assures the popularity of color drawings.
Japanese-style sketches are applied to the entire surface of the leg. At the moment, Polynesian sketches or Celtic-style drawings are considered popular. In addition, abstraction and tribal are in demand. Such tattoo sketches on the leg define a self-sufficient person who thus emphasizes the chosen style.
Fashion guys and girls prefer tattoos in the form of an inscription. It can be a quote from a song, a quote from a famous person, or a saying in Latin.
Place for underwear
The important point is the choice of the area on the leg for stuffing the tattoo.
- On the foot, as a rule, sketches of a girl are applied. Choosing for this various hieroglyphs, numbers, small drawings or inscriptions.
- The shins are preferred when choosing a tattoo for the representatives of the stronger sex.
- The knee area is practically not in demand these days for stuffing sketches.
- Girls and women are tattooed on the thigh, trying to emphasize their sexuality in this way.
It is also worth noting that young people are more likely than the fairer sex to turn to drawings made in black. girls,succumbing to the trend of fashion, more choose sketches in color.
Main criteria when choosing a sketch
Before making a final decision about getting a tattoo, both guys and girls should take into account some nuances:
- The structure of the figure. In the event that a young person has a thin physique, any image located on the back of the lower leg will look ridiculous, and will also visually make the legs even thinner.
- Chunky guys with pumped up calves should choose voluminous bright sketches.
- Females and young people should carefully choose the theme of the tattoo according to the style of clothing. The pattern stuffed on the leg should look appropriate, not funny or vulgar.
- Special attention should be paid to various Latin inscriptions and incomprehensible sketches, the meaning of which can be misunderstood in criminal circles.
- Composition selection. If there is already a tattoo on a certain part of the leg, but there is a desire to apply another wearable image, it must be selected compositionally.
- Image shape. The size of the sketch will determine how it looks on the leg. For example, wide shin tattoos can look cropped. Sketches in the form of a snake or various lines located in the center of the leg visually distort the limbs, and small and fuzzy drawings from a distance may seem like birthmarks.
When choosing a suitable sketch, it is necessary to take into account personal tastes, extern altype of legs, as well as lifestyle. Also, do not forget that the aesthetic effect of the stuffed pattern depends on the skill level of the tattoo artist.