The wedding ring for all people serves as a symbol of love and proof of feelings. It is also a piece of jewelry, the choice of which must be approached with special care - it is acquired for a long time. In this article, we will look at product styles, how much an engagement ring costs, how to choose it and what it is made of.
Engagement or Wedding
Most people think that the concepts of "engagement" and "wedding" are identical. But it's not. There is such a tradition as betrothal - a potential groom proposes to his beloved to marry him, the engagement is celebrated with putting on a wedding ring for the future bride.
And already during the wedding ceremony, the bride and groom exchange wedding rings.
The difference lies in the fact that these products differ in appearance. Wedding ones are made flat or in the shape of a barrel, and wedding ones are made in different shapes with inserts ofstones.
At the time of the wedding, the wedding ring is removed, and then it can be worn on the same finger with the wedding.
In this article, the term "engagement" will mean both types of rings at the same time.
What materials are made of
It is accepted in the world that traditional rings are made from metals, but they can also be wooden or ceramic. Most often, gold of various compositions is used, less often - other metals. This determines how much an engagement ring costs.
Inserts from other metals, precious or semi-precious stones are used as an original design in the production of certain models.
Used as precious jewelry:
- sapphire, alexandrite;
- ruby, emerald;
- natural pearls, diamond (brilliant).
Semi-precious inserts are:
- spinel, chrysolite, chrysoprase;
- tourmaline, chromium diopside, chrysoberyl;
- moonstone, garnet, beryl;
- rhinestone, hyacinth, amethyst;
- topaz, turquoise, cultured pearls.
Those who are wondering how much an engagement ring costs should know that the most expensive option is a gold piece with diamond inlays. Not all young couples can afford it.
The following materials are used as ornamental stones:
- rhodonite, jade;
- bloody, carnelian;
- amber, coral;
- Aventurine, agate, jasper.
Gold for rings
To understand how much gold wedding rings cost, you need to know what type of this metal they are made from.
The most commonly used alloys are:
- Rose gold. This color is given to the alloy by the addition of copper to it - the more it is, the redder the metal. The existing samples are 750 and 585. The products are in a low price category.
- Yellow gold. The most popular material for the production of wedding rings. Will not tarnish, oxidize or rust. Gold itself is a soft metal, so products are made from its alloy with other elements. The higher the gold content in the alloy (its fineness), the more expensive the item.
- White gold. The metal is an alloy of yellow gold and silver. Often the surface is plated with rhodium to avoid a yellow cast. Over time, the coating wears off. The jewelry is in the middle price category, provided that there are no gems.
When asking how much gold wedding rings cost, you need to consider that white gold products cost almost one and a half times more than the rest. This is due to their color - traditionally bridal - and demand.
These metals, like gold, are suitable for making both men's and women's rings.
There are three of them:
- Platinum is a hypoallergenic metal, an alternative to white gold. Durable, wear-resistant, hard to scratch. Platinum rings are heavier than gold and cost more. Throughfor some time a film with a satin sheen forms on their surface - some leave it, others remove it when polished.
- Palladium belongs to the platinum group. Hypoallergenic, does not fade or oxidize. The color is slightly darker than gold and grayer, the value is on par with gold.
- Silver is traditionally a budget option for wedding rings. Usually they are supplemented with inserts of cubic zirconia or cubic zirconia. To give a noble shine, the products are covered with rhodium.
For those who are interested in how much cheap wedding rings cost, it will be useful to know that a set of silver rings with cubic zirkonia will cost more than two thousand rubles.
Materials for men's rings
Below are the metals used to make rings for men only.
There are four of them:
- Titanium is a noble cold black-gray metal. Corrosion resistant, lightweight, hypoallergenic. The disadvantage of titanium rings is that they are practically not reworked in case of a change in finger size.
- Tungsten carbide is a gray-steel alloy. Easily processed and polished, resistant to deformations and scratches. In order to cut such an engagement ring, you will need a special tool.
- Cob alt-chromium alloy - is a combination of the white color of platinum and the strength of titanium and tungsten. Does not scratch, does not oxidize. The alloy is slightly heavier than stainless steel, but slightly lighter than tungsten.
- Stainless steel –inexpensive durable metal. Rings from it are suitable for families with a modest budget and those who are wondering how much the cheapest engagement rings cost. Zirconia are used as inserts in such products, their cost does not exceed a thousand rubles.
Classic style models
Considered the most practical and not subject to fashion. Such rings are comfortable to wear, do not cling to clothes and are relevant at any time.
Wedding rings in this style can be of different colors and thicknesses. Thin products should be chosen weighing at least one and a half to two grams, otherwise the ring can quickly deform.
The shape of such rings can resemble barrels or be smooth and flat (they are also called "Europeans").
Wedding rings in a classic style, with a concise and simple design, are considered the most sought after by consumers, as they are not subject to fashion changes. To have an idea of how much a simple wedding ring costs, you need to know its weight in grams - the larger it is, the more expensive the product.
The disadvantage of this type of jewelry is small scratches that appear after a long continuous wear. From this, the rings cease to shine, but such a problem is easily and quickly solved by a jewelry master. He will polish the products with special tools to the original appearance.
Also, a specialist can easily change the size of such a ring if necessary without loss of quality.
Weddingrings adorned with a single gemstone or a scattering of different sizes attract the eyes of all women with their luxury.
European fashion calls for a simple, smooth ring with one or three set stones. The first option is used even to decorate men's rings. Most often, transparent or light-colored stones are used to implement such a design.
But, according to signs, minerals affect the energy component of people, changing their relationship. Those who believe in omens should consider:
- emerald - gives happiness and wisdom in marriage;
- topaz and pomegranate - guard the fidelity of spouses to each other;
- carnelian - brings peace to the family;
- ruby - kindles passion between husband and wife;
- sapphire - helps to achieve financial well-being;
- diamond - keeps marriage strong;
- amethyst - destroys relationships.
Often, future spouses order individual rings with stones corresponding to them in the zodiac. Before ordering, newlyweds need to know how much wedding rings cost. Gold jewelry with precious stones exceeds the price of simple ones by no less than one and a half times. And then it all depends on what stone the ring is inlaid with.
Recently, combined jewelry is gaining popularity. These are wedding rings made using several metals - three types of gold, gold and platinum, silver and gold. Diversecombinations do not leave indifferent young couples, as well as those who appreciate mixed style.
The advantages of such jewelry, according to reviews:
- differ in original appearance;
- adding silver lowers the price of platinum or gold pieces - important given how much a gram of wedding rings cost;
- combination of several metals increases the strength of jewelry;
- models are suitable for both sexes.
The relative disadvantages of such products are that they are difficult to correct in size and turn out to be heavy and large. Not everyone likes it.
Other ring designs
Modern jewelry production also offers several types of wedding rings, which are less popular than the above, but no less original:
- Textured - patterns are applied to the surface in modern or ethno style, intricate weaves of plant motifs or geometric shapes.
- Designer - rings are made according to an individual sketch. Can be supplemented with engraving indicating names, wedding dates, words of love. Before ordering such products, you should find out how much it costs to make wedding rings. As a rule, this type is available for people with high incomes.
- Matte - the technology of longitudinal matting is used in the manufacture. The result is the effect of an aged surface. Usually this style is realized in classic rings with the addition of a strip of a different color of gold or a pattern.
- Original - came into fashion recently. Representa group of traditionally unusual wedding rings. They can have a bizarre shape of tree branches, a royal crown, small rings soldered together, there are two-tiered models.
How much does an engagement ring cost? The answer to this question depends on the metal from which it is made, the presence of inlays and decorative elements, as well as the brand (manufacturer).
The Russian jewelry market presents products from both well-known foreign manufacturers and domestic brands.
The following brands are recognized as the most popular, according to consumer reviews:
- Jewellery "Estet" - offers consumers a constantly updated wide range of jewelry: from simple rings to designer solutions.
- Bronnitsky jewelry factory was founded in 1924 by combining disparate small private industries. It produces competitive high-quality products that combine the style of antiquity and the modern direction.
- The Aldzena brand is a manufacturer of extravagant, high-quality jewelery of luxurious baroque design.
- Sokolov is a Russian manufacturer of quality products in various styles. Stylish jewelry has a wide variety of prices.
- The Tiffany brand was founded in 1837 and is considered one of the world's finest jewellery. It differs in that the stones on the rings are fastened in special paws that have the shape of a royal crown. Productscharacterized by luxury, impeccable elegance and rather high cost.
- Cartier Jewelry House was founded in 1847, and twenty years later gained worldwide fame. It produces a large number of sleek classic single diamond rings, as well as many original expensive models with precious stones. Prices range from low to royal.
Price of wedding rings
Those who are interested in how much it costs to pawn an engagement ring should know that the price depends on:
- tariff plan of the establishment;
- client's discount status (if any);
- decoration status;
- ring weight (weight of inserts and stones subtracted);
- metal samples.
It is worth remembering the common truth - you do not need to buy precious items from random sellers. You need to make purchases in specialized stores with certified products that have a branded engraving:
- Elite group jewelry made by well-known brands has a starting price of about sixty thousand rubles, there are no specific restrictions on the maximum cost.
- Prices for platinum wedding rings start at fifteen thousand and finish at around five million rubles.
- Wedding rings made of silver have a wide variation in cost - from five hundred to twenty thousand rubles, depending on the design and decor.
- Classic models with inlay will cost customers from ten to two hundred thousand rubles, depending on the metal from which they aremade.
- The answer to the question of how much a 585 assay engagement ring costs is that its price depends on the availability of precious stones and varies from four to five hundred thousand rubles.
Customer reviews suggest that most purchase classic simple engagement rings. This is because young couples do not have enough money to buy more expensive jewelry.
A slightly lower number indicates that they had the opportunity to purchase classic models with inlay. The rings looked beautiful, and the cost was not too expensive. Young people were satisfied.
Given how much it costs to engrave wedding rings (it's an inexpensive operation), even bankrupt clients have chosen to engrave wedding dates or couple's names on jewelry as a token of love and devotion.
According to the reviews of we althy newlyweds, they prefer those sets where female models are made of gold and decorated with a scattering of diamonds.
A fairly small proportion of consumers indicated that they ordered wedding rings from designers according to their own sketches. Absolutely all couples were satisfied with the result.