Choosing the ideal nail shape should be based on individual characteristics and a number of factors, from the shape of your own natural nails to the width of your fingers. There are various forms for nail extension using different formulations. All of them differ in the way of modeling, materials and the shape of the tip of the extended nails. Depending on the technology, there are upper and lower forms. The former are similar to tips and are intended to be applied to the nails, the latter are attached under the nails, while the build-up material is applied from above.
Lower extension: main steps
Step-by-step nail extension on the forms from below involves first performing a manicure with the processing of the cuticle and directly the nail plates. After these procedures, work begins with the form:
- the template is slightly compressed, a natural nail is inserted into its special window. It is important that the shape and the free tip of the nail match perfectly along the smile line. If everything matches, the form is firmly fixed on the finger;
- nail extension is performed already using acrylic or gel. To achieve the desired length and shapetip, the master uses special markings on the template;
- after modeling, the nails are dried in an ultraviolet lamp, and the forms for nail extension are removed. If the nails are not well dried, the forms will be difficult to remove;
- at the last stage of work, filing and grinding of artificial nails are performed.
Top extension technology
First, as usual, the nails are prepared for the procedure. The use of the upper forms involves the overlay of the modeling material on the inside, where an artificial nail is already formed, taking into account the length and shape of its tip. The form is pressed tightly against the nail, all excess is removed, then the template is removed. It remains only to process artificial nails. Top forms for nail extensions can be purchased individually or in sets.
Disposable or reusable?
All forms are available in two types - disposable and reusable. The first can be used only once, the second - many times. The advantage of disposable forms is that they are made from softer materials, which make it easy to fit the template to the specific features of the nail, especially if it is a non-standard shape. Note that this is an important factor, and it depends on how long the manicure lasts. Disposable forms for nail extensions are made of paper, foil, flexible plastic, sold in sets of 100 to 500 pieces and are inexpensive, but are thrown away after use.
To create reusable molds, metal, solidplastic, which are resistant to crushing and easy to use. These templates are more expensive because the materials are better, but they can be used more than once.
Forms for nail extensions differ in the shape of the tip of the nail being extended. She can be:
- round - this shape is relevant for short nails, it is convenient and practical;
- oval - suitable for short and long nails, and the roundness gives the image softness;
- square - practical shape suitable for both home and work, the tip of the nail can be both short and long. Most often, nails are strict and have extremely clear lines;
- almond-shaped - resembles an oval shape, but with a more pointed tip, suitable for long nails;
- pipe shape, when the tip of the nail is made into a square, and its edges are rounded and slightly bent down;
- in the form of a stiletto - this form allows you to make a catchy manicure on long nails that are very pointed.
Gel extension: what are the features?
Step-by-step gel nail extension on forms involves a series of works. Note that the use of the gel is advisable for several reasons. Firstly, the nail under it breathes freely. Secondly, such extension makes the natural nail stronger and stronger. Thirdly, the gel is more convenient to use and does not have a strong odor. The growth process itselfgel begins with the definition of technology - on forms or tips. So, let's look at the main steps of this simple procedure:
- Preparation. To begin with, a hygienic manicure is carried out on the nails, which prepares them for further work.
- Processing. For the treatment of cleaned nails, a special primer is used, the task of which is to ensure good adhesion of the material to the natural nail.
- Fixing the form. It should fit tightly on the nail and match it in shape.
- Applying the gel. The gel is applied to the laid form with a special brush, after which the nail is dried under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Filing and polishing the nail.
- Fixing the result. This is the final stage of processing. As you can see, gel nail extensions are available on forms for beginners and experienced artists.
Many fear that artificial materials will harm the condition of the nail plate and weaken it. However, modern technologies make this process absolutely safe. Tip modeling with gel has a number of advantages:
- Under a layer that transmits light, air, moisture, nails will breathe. But after removing the coating, the nails will still be weakened, so you need to take care of their intensive restoration.
- Artificial gel-based tips can be extended even for those who usually have allergic reactions to such formulations.
- The gel is easy to use thanks tomalleable texture, uniform distribution on the surface of the needle.
The disadvantage of gel modeling is that artificial nails themselves are fragile and break easily, and it will not be possible to repair them on your own. In general, gel nail extension has many advantages - the correct shape and beautiful appearance, first of all. In addition, all these operations can be performed at home.