During the New Year's Eve, every girl wants to be the real star of the party. And so beautiful ladies begin to think over their image in advance. At the same time, you need to choose not only a special outfit and shoes, but also accessories, manicure, hair. All this should emphasize the beauty of the owner, make her as spectacular as possible.
New Year's makeup, done correctly, can transform any beauty beyond recognition. Stylists in creating a festive look recommend adhering to the following general rules:
- Both bright and nude tones will be appropriate - depending on the mood and the image as a whole.
- It is important to prepare a good foundation. To do this, it is useful to nourish the skin with special masks and serums a few days before the New Year celebration, as well as take care of the beautiful shape of the eyebrows in advance.
- If you plan to take photos, then make-up is best done in the most intense colors. In photographs or when filming a similar "combatpaint" is usually not visible and visually looks like a medium-intensity holiday makeup.
- It is extremely important to choose the right shade of coverage. Too pale foundation or powder will look like painful pallor, and dark can visually age the look. Therefore, you should pay attention to this moment, try out possible options in advance.
- For lips, matte lipstick is best, and to add shine, you can add a little gloss to the middle of the lips.
- Permanence is another must-have aspect of New Year's makeup. Games, dances, walks and fun - all this can affect the appearance in a few hours. Therefore, in order for the make-up to be reliable, stylists recommend using long-lasting cosmetics.
It is also worth paying attention to the combination of a make-up shade and a festive outfit. For example, if a New Year's dress is chosen in warm colors, then the make-up should be in the appropriate spectrum. Cold gamma is represented by blue and green colors. In this case, it is better to opt for the colors of shadows, lipsticks, foundations with a cold undertone.
Define your tone
Stylists recommend a very simple way to determine your "tonality" in makeup. It's called the "two dress" method. To do this, you need two such items of women's wardrobe. Moreover, one of them should be of such a shade that the British call "true white" - pure white withbluish undertone.
The same residents of foggy Albion call the second "white off". Such a dress should be a warm shade of white. If a dress with a cold undertone is more suitable for you, then the New Year's makeup will look most advantageous in such colors. If a dress of a warm shade of white is more to the face, the make-up is also better done in warm colors.
Image for brunettes
Dark-haired beauties can afford to shine at the party, because a variety of make-up options will suit them. New Year's makeup for brunettes can be created using golden beige shadows and bright red lipstick. This color scheme will help to give the image solemnity, brightness. At the same time, if desired, makeup can be both with arrows and without.
- You can start by applying foundation. Here you can not do without all kinds of highlighters and illuminating bases. After applying the base coat, you can proceed to the New Year's eye makeup.
- First you need to even out the skin tone on the eyelids. It is better not to use foundation or concealer for this purpose. After all, they can roll into the fold of the eyelid in a few hours. The shadows, applied on a special base, will definitely last until the morning.
- The first strokes are applied to a small depression near the lower eyelid. It is most convenient to do this when the eye is open. With slow and gentle movements of the brush, it is necessary to distribute the shadows over the entire surface of the fold. If it turns out too dark, you don’t have to worry - beyond the shadows anywaywill be blended and a subtle haze effect will be created.
- Next, with the help of a lighter shade, the middle of the eyelid is processed. The border of the transition between two tones must be carefully shaded.
- When using the set at this stage, you need to take the shadow of a lighter shade.
- Then the area under the eyebrows is processed. Sometimes the usual highlighting of the area directly under the eyebrow can further emphasize the overhanging eyelid. In order to avoid this, you can apply a light beige shimmer from the inner corner of the eye only to the highest point of the eyebrow, leaving the area under the ponytail untouched. Darker beige shadows are applied in the same direction, starting from the middle of the eyelid to the end of the eyebrow. So the look will be more expressive.
- After the shadows are applied, in the process of creating a New Year's makeup for brunettes, you can optionally draw an arrow. It can be done with black eyeliner.
- Final step - applying mascara.
A little cover trick
Makeup artists emphasize that if you apply a beige or golden tint to the entire eyelid, they will allow you to easily shade the shadows of other shades without changing their color. With their help, you can create perfectly soft borders.
When creating a New Year's make-up with shadows from a beige palette of a light shade with a shimmer, you can replace the highlighter. A similar shade is well suited to highlight the cheekbones, the tip of the nose, the area above the upper lip.
When the eyes are made up, you can move on to lip makeup. Depending on skin colorthe appropriate shade is selected.
- For dark skin, red, wine, plum colors are suitable.
- Owners of lighter skin can opt for pinkish shades.
- Beauties with gray or blue eyes and a light skin tone are more suitable for classic scarlet or lilac. On dark-eyed ladies with dark skin, plum, chocolate, orange colors will look more advantageous. Medium lipstick shades are usually universal and suit everyone.
Makeup for blondes
Let's look at the basic steps for creating a festive look for fair-haired ladies.
- When creating New Year's makeup for blondes, it's also important to start by evening out skin tone.
- Then you need to carefully work out the surface of the skin using foundation, powder and highlighter. A darker shade can highlight the protruding parts of the face.
- To make the cheekbones look more natural, you can distribute the tone depending on the location of the darkest point of the coating. Her makeup artists are advised to define it like this: you need to draw in the cheeks - then the place of the deepening will be the darkest point. It is from it that you need to shade the dark shade of the corrector.
- White-skinned girls, who can be called "Snow Maidens", it is better to abandon the black shades of eye makeup. The same image can be beaten in softer colors. When choosing tones, you should also focus on your color type. For example, "Snow Maidens" are coolershades, and warm honey blondes.
- This type of makeup uses shades of blue and blue. The main color needs to be shaded according to the shape of the eye, slightly lengthening its shape. A black arrow is applied over the shadows. You should start drawing it from the middle of the eye and towards the outer corner. If desired, you can finish the inner corner of the eye more subtly. Also, instead of black, you can use a pencil or a silver-colored eyeliner - this option will look most advantageous for owners of cold-colored eyes (gray, blue).
- The lower eyelid can be shaded with a light blue tint.
- The final stage is the application of mascara. In the corners of the eyes, you can glue several bunches of eyelashes (in this case, it is important to take care of the availability of a means to remove them in advance). Bunches with bluish or silver arrows will look much more natural than a simple strip on the eyelid.
Lips can be styled with long-wear lipstick in deep pink or red.
When creating a New Year's make-up with arrows, it is important to follow a few rules. Lines are recommended to be drawn slowly, and even after the arrow is finished, it takes at least 30 seconds to dry.
If it doesn't work out to draw a straight line, you can cheat and use a pencil or cream eyeliner. Then the arrow can be shaded so that its unevenness is not striking. It is most convenient for this purpose to use a soft brush with a beveled tip or a pencil applicator. If evenyou can’t draw an arrow, you can draw an arrow with intermittent strokes, or first draw a contour and then paint over it.
You can also use colored arrows in creating New Year's makeup, so you can not be afraid to experiment with colors. Broad lines can be drawn first with a pencil and then completed with liquid eyeliner. To prevent the hand from trembling at the most inopportune moment, makeup artists advise putting your hand on the table.
In creating New Year's makeup, rhinestones will be more relevant than ever. They will help not only decorate the make-up, but also make it more extravagant, unusual. The image will turn out to be literally sparkling. Depending on other accessories, makeup shades, clothes, you can choose the appropriate rhinestones. For example, for a more relaxed look, discreet shades of silver or white are suitable.
Makeup using rhinestones suggests their reasonable use. If you stick a pebble on the upper eyelid, it will interfere with the normal opening of the eye, and in this place it will fall off very quickly. It is believed that the most successful places for applying rhinestones are:
- Near the eyeliner line at the outer corner of the eye. A pebble can be placed at the very end of the drawn arrow.
- Inner edge of the eye, closer to the bridge of the nose. Here you can put a small rhinestone, which will give a shine to the look.
- Lower eyelid. Compared to the top, it is relatively immobile and allowsuse bright pebbles on it. However, it should be remembered that the skin here is very sensitive, and then it may be difficult to peel off.
How to apply glitter?
The algorithm for using rhinestones in New Year's makeup is as follows:
- First complete eye makeup.
- Special glue (you can not use regular glue, as it can harm the skin) is applied to the selected area with a cotton swab. Then a rhinestone is planted there and pressed with tweezers for 15 seconds.
- If you need to glue another pebble near it, you should wait a couple of minutes and then repeat the operation at the selected point.
Christmas Smokey Ice
We reviewed the process of creating New Year's makeup in stages. What other detail of the image would be appropriate in a festive look? Undoubtedly, this is a smokey eye - a type of eye makeup that has not gone out of fashion for several decades, being transformed along with the advent of new cosmetics. New Year's smokey ice, depending on the desire, can be made using palettes of various colors - deep blue, swamp shades, bright green, pink, golden and discreet beige. For example, in the photo of the New Year's makeup below, pink-plum shades are used. It is believed that the most versatile are brown shades for smoky eyes. Gray shades are well suited for blue-eyed people (you can give a festive look to the image by adding arrows of metallic colors). Blue smoky eyes will suit brown-eyed people.
Smoky eye makeup process for the holiday
Let's consider the process of creating a New Year's makeup step by step using this element.
- First, apply eyeshadow primer all over the eyelid. Apply ivory eye shadow under the eyebrows.
- The main part of makeup (the brightest color) is recommended by leading stylists to be applied immediately to the middle of the eyelid.
- Then a “substrate” is applied under the main color. It can be a shade from the same range, but darker. Or you can use a soft pencil in a similar shade (classic smoky ice uses plain black).
- Borders between colors are shading.
- The main color is also tightly packed on the substrate.
- In the middle, you can add a little radiant shade that contrasts with the main color - for example, golden.
- Then, shadows are applied to the lower eyelid. Darker shades are applied to the outer third of the line, lighter shades are applied to the middle one.
- In the inner corner, you can apply a radiant shade of shadows, which will emphasize the expressiveness of the look.
- Final step - applying mascara.
A few words about styling
Another element that should complement the New Year's makeup is a hairstyle. Without a beautiful styling, a festive look is simply unthinkable. Depending on the availability of free time and opportunities, various options can be considered:
- Different weaves. For example, French spikelet, weaving along the line of the face.
- Strict hairstyle. Shell or smoothbundle.
- Curls and curls (this option is suitable for long hair and medium length hair).
- Perfectly smooth hairstyle.
- Retro hairstyles (babette, Marilyn curls, various waves).
Using these tips, every beauty will be able to choose a festive look for herself. Having thought through all the details in advance, you can make your New Year's look unforgettable.