It is quite difficult to eliminate the scars left from acne, trauma or surgery. Such skin imperfections remain for a long time, it can be difficult to get rid of them even with the help of a specialist. Now effective laser resurfacing of scars. This technique eliminates defects quickly and permanently. It has few contraindications, and negative effects are very rare.
Laser scar removal is the effect on the skin of a beam that removes tissue with a defect. There are 3 ways to remove a flaw:
- Coagulation of vessels.
- Laser resurfacing of scars.
The method of coagulation is the fusion of blood vessels into a whole in the thickness of the connective tissue. After the procedure, the skin becomes smooth and even, its color is restored. Laser resurfacing of scars involves the evaporation of the damaged layer of the skin. In the epidermis, the process of formation of new cells is accelerated.
Together with thisstimulates the production of collagen fibers. It is desirable to combine the laser procedure with the use of a filler with hyaluronic acid to smooth out scars. As a result, the place of skin with a deficiency looks he althy.
Photothermolysis is a method of removing the upper layer of the epidermis, with which the regeneration processes are accelerated. Intensive production of collagen occurs due to the lifting effect, so the skin becomes elastic and toned. If the scars are very deep and have appeared for a long time, then it is preferable to choose an ablative laser.
It will take 2-3 procedures to eliminate normotrophic scars with a laser. They are carried out with a break of a month. To get rid of hypertrophic scars, you need up to 8 sessions, between which there should be breaks of 2 months. At this time, the professional will be able to assess the condition of the skin and the effectiveness of the treatment.
Laser resurfacing of scars has the following advantages:
- Removal of serious defects and large scars.
- High efficiency and precision.
- Few contraindications and negative effects.
- No special care required.
- No harm to he althy skin.
- Elimination of imperfections on the body, face and in hard-to-reach places.
- Bloody intervention.
- The effect is noticeable after 1 treatment.
- The technique is effective for different skin types.
- No risk of blood poisoning and secondary inflammation.
The number of procedures is determinedscar depth and size. This should be determined by a specialist.
Laser resurfacing of the face from scars after acne and injuries has its drawbacks. These include:
- Painful effect. Although local anesthesia is used, discomfort is felt during deep resurfacing. Even the use of deep anesthesia is often practiced, but this is a strong burden on the heart.
- Complex recovery. After laser procedures, certain skin care is needed, namely the use of creams, ointments and the use of painkillers. This treatment can cause itching, high fever, discomfort when applying makeup. Recovery takes 2-4 weeks.
- There are contraindications. Before performing the procedure, you should consult with a specialist, as in some cases grinding cannot be performed.
- High price. The full effect is expected only after completing the entire course.
Although the procedure has drawbacks, laser resurfacing is effective. It does not require synthetic injections under the skin.
What lasers are used?
Modern clinics offer sessions with different devices. Often used for this:
- Erbium laser. It affects only the upper layer of the epidermis, therefore it does not penetrate deep into the skin. The therapeutic beam of this device becomes inactive upon contact with various types of liquid, including cellular, lymph, and blood. The device is used only for superficial treatment of shallow scars. The device is being used to removetop layer of scars. If the scar is fresh, then such a device will be effective.
- Carbon dioxide laser. It is used for in-depth impact on connective tissue cells in the scar. It has a powerful therapeutic effect on the area of the skin that is being treated. The carbon dioxide method is more modern, as even small deviations are recorded by adjusted sensors, which allow targeted processing.
In both cases, the action of the laser and the size of the treated area are corrected by the computer. This will help you get accurate results to determine the area to be treated and the depth of the laser beam.
Judging by the photo, laser resurfacing of scars allows you to get excellent results. The procedure should be carried out at:
- fuzzy oval face;
- uneven skin texture;
- mimic and age wrinkles;
- scar and scars;
- seals and large pores on the skin;
- grey complexion;
- stretch marks on the body.
Although these are all indications for the procedure, it is still necessary to consult a specialist before performing. It will determine whether it is really necessary to use this method of elimination.
Laser resurfacing of scars after acne or trauma cannot be performed with:
- exacerbation of skin diseases - psoriasis, herpes;
- malignant tumors;
- blood clotting disorder;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- acute inflammations and infections;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Laser blemish removal should not be performed while taking retinoids and photosensitizers. If you take into account contraindications, you can avoid harm to he alth.
How is the procedure carried out?
According to reviews, laser resurfacing of scars is an unpleasant and painful process, but this is only true if performed on sensitive areas, such as the face. Therefore, the doctor uses local anesthesia. It is chosen depending on the location of the scar and its size.
If a person has a low threshold of sensitivity, then general anesthesia is used before the procedure. Scar removal is done as follows:
- Doctor applies anesthetic cream or injection.
- A specialist is setting up the device.
- The imperfection of the skin is being treated. During this period, there is a burning sensation, redness.
The procedure lasts 20-40 minutes. Then a soothing cream is applied to the affected area. This will restore the water balance of the skin, get rid of the burning sensation, which often lasts 3-5 hours. Pain may be felt for about 2 weeks. Need to take painkillers.
Possible adverse effects in the form of discoloration of the skin at the treatment site.To prevent inflammation, one should take antimicrobial and wound healing agents, as well as drugs that improve blood circulation.
On the 2nd day, the treatment site usually takes on a brown tint, similar to a tan. After 4-6 days, the crust comes off. Peeling and itching lasts 7-10 days. Then the skin on the treated area becomes smooth and even.
What is the price of laser resurfacing on the face, body? The cost depends on the size of the defect, its depth. Equally important is the apparatus used and the location of the procedure. Typically the following rates apply:
- 1 cm2 – 300 rubles;
- 5 x 5 cm2 – 5000 RUB;
- 10 x 10 cm2 – 9000 RUB;
- on the body - 2000 rubles;
- in the eye area - 6000 rubles;
- on the chin – 8000 rubles;
- on the cheekbones - 4000 rubles;
- anesthesia – RUB 500
The whole course of treatment, including several procedures, can cost 20-40 thousand rubles. The need for such treatment and the number of sessions should be determined by the doctor.
After a carbon dioxide laser, spots, burns and other negative consequences may occur on the skin. And in terms of security, this procedure is considered more reliable. But often women confuse the negative consequences with the imperfect appearance of the skin immediately after the session - swelling, small wounds and peeling. It all disappears within a week. But it also happens that the healing is delayed,and the result is getting worse.
Undesirable effects include:
- Burns and blisters. Highly intense laser treatment in very sensitive areas can burn the skin. This results in burns.
- Pigmentation. Rarely, the skin reacts unpredictably to the procedure - in some places it brightens, and somewhere darkens. The reason for this is a violation of pigmentation due to the influence of the laser.
- Suppuration. If after the procedure the care was incorrect, then infection of the tissues occurs. It is necessary to use special ointments that accelerate healing. Do not scratch or tear off the formed crusts, they should fall off on their own.
In order not to get an undesirable effect, you need to find out about the type of laser used, make sure that the doctor is professional, and also follow his recommendations. If the temperature rises, and blisters appear on the face, then you should immediately consult a doctor.
If the procedure is performed by a professional, and the processing rules are followed, then most likely a decent result will be obtained. Positive results include:
- Alignment of scar tissue. The depth of the defect decreases, it becomes lighter. Age irregularities and pits on the cheeks will be eliminated. For acne, 1 treatment is enough to see results.
- Wrinkle smoothing. Deep ones will be less noticeable, and small ones will quickly smooth out. Thanks to the activation of collagen production, the dermis becomes elastic.
- Improve skin condition. There is a narrowing of the pores,color equalization, destruction of age spots. The skin acquires a he althy glow.
You can see how the scars look before and after laser resurfacing by looking at the photo. After this procedure, it is important to observe the following rules:
- During the week, you should not go to the solarium and sauna.
- It is necessary to apply creams with a moisturizing and nourishing effect to the skin every day.
- Do not use cosmetics with alcohol during recovery.
- Do not use scrubs and peels.
- Apply sunscreen before going outside.
The course of treatment includes several sessions performed with a break of 2-4 weeks. The duration of scar treatment is determined by the size and complexity of the defect. If the scar is small, its size is not more than 2 cm, then 1 time is enough.
Thus, laser resurfacing of the face from scars or treatment of body areas is an effective procedure for improving skin condition. It is only important that the work is done by a specialist, and after that proper care is provided.