Corns, corns, cracked heels, rough skin on the feet, bad smell from the feet - every woman has faced at least one of these problems. To get rid of these troubles, to make the skin soft and smooth, foot peeling will help. This procedure involves exfoliation of the upper stratum corneum of the epidermis. Peeling can be carried out both in specialized salons using professional products, and at home.
Leg Peeling Technology
Feet need just as much care as other parts of the body. Over time, the skin ages, becomes dry and rough. If no measures are taken, then the keratinized layers of the epidermis will overlap one another. Over time, as a result of excessive dryness of the feet, cracks on the heels begin to appear, which cause not only aesthetic, but also physical discomfort. And if we add to this picture more corns and corns, which appear as a result of wearing incorrect and uncomfortable shoes, then the conclusion becomes obvious - the skin of the legs needs peeling. Beauty salons offer several types of it: chemical, hardware, mechanical.
In general, foot peeling consists ofcompliance with the following technology:
- Steam feet for 20 minutes in a special bath with warm water (37 ° C) with essential oils and plant extracts.
- Removing the top layer of skin with a pumice stone or a non-rough heel brush.
- Drying feet dry.
- Applying a special solution containing active acids or a scrub to the skin.
- After 20 minutes, rinse off the product under warm running water.
- Applying nourishing cream.
Fish foot peeling
This method of cleansing the feet from corns, corns, cracks, thickening of the stratum corneum and other problems is the most pleasant and painless, but at the same time the most expensive. Foot peeling with garra rufa fish is carried out only within the walls of a beauty salon, as a rule, 2 times a week.
The essence of the procedure is that a person puts his feet in a special pool, and the fish that swim in the water begin to gently bite off the top layer of the epidermis. Since the garra rufa does not have hard teeth, they gnaw only the epithelium that is ready for exfoliation. Fish saliva also contains a special substance that has a wound-healing effect on the skin.
According to reviews, this type of peeling gives an excellent psychological effect, but it practically does not cope with severely rough skin and cracks, therefore it is recommended only as a preventive procedure.
Chemical peeling of legs with acids
Chemical peeling is based on the effect on the skin of the legs of various acids: glycolic,dairy, fruit. It can be carried out both at home and in salon conditions.
In the salon, chemical peeling of the legs is carried out in the following sequence:
- applying a special lotion;
- rubbing a peeling solution into the skin, the concentration and duration of which depends on the specific type of peeling. There are superficial, medium and deep peels;
- removing the solution with a neutralizer;
- application of nourishing cream.
The average duration of one procedure is 20 minutes. Deep peeling is not recommended more than once every 2-3 months.
Special socks for foot peeling
One of the most popular foot peeling products are special socks made in Korea, China and Japan. This is a type of acid peel that can be easily done at home. The package of such a product includes a pair of polyethylene socks, a special solution with an active composition of acids and plant extracts, and instructions for use.
Peeling of the feet with the help of special socks is carried out in the following sequence:
- Allergy test in progress. To do this, using a cotton swab, a small amount of the product is applied to the skin of the legs. If redness does not appear after 5 minutes, then you can safely use the product in full.
- Plastic socks are put on the feet.
- A liquid from a special bag is poured into each sock. Solutions from most manufacturerscontain salicylic acid and various plant extracts (rosemary, lavender, camellia, pomegranate and others), which have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, regenerating, rejuvenating effects on the skin.
- Using stickers, socks are tightly fixed on the leg.
- The duration of the mask is 1 hour. After that, the socks are removed, and the feet are washed with warm water and soap and dried with a towel.
After 5 days, the process of exfoliation of the outer keratinized layer of the skin will begin. With the help of this procedure, it is possible to get rid of even severe corns, but such peeling should be carried out no more than once every three months.
Salicylic peel for ingrown hairs on legs
Very often after depilation of the legs there is such a problem as ingrown hairs. One of the effective ways to deal with this nuisance is a chemical peel. At home, the procedure is carried out using salicylic acid, known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects. The principle of peeling is based on removing the top layer of the epidermis, thus releasing ingrown hairs.
Peeling for feet at home is as follows: the problem area is wiped with a 2% solution of salicylic acid, which is sold in any pharmacy. After 10 minutes, the treatment area must be washed with warm water and soap and, if desired, lubricated with a moisturizer. Repeat the procedure 2 times a day until the ingrown hair begins to grow in the right direction.
Peeling mask with vinegar and glycerin
To soften rough heels, use an effective home remedy based on table vinegar and glycerin, which is available in every pharmacy.
You can prepare a glycerin foot mask according to the following recipe:
- Mix 6% table vinegar (1 tsp) and glycerin (3 tbsp) in a ceramic or plastic bowl.
- Apply the resulting mixture to your feet and wrap with cling film, or put on a plastic bag.
- Put socks on top and leave the mask overnight.
- Wash your feet in the morning with warm water and soap.
Vinegar Glycerin Peeling Foot Mask helps to make your feet soft like a baby. This procedure should be repeated 3 times a week.
Home peeling with laundry soap
Laundry soap is a proven tool for years in the fight against rough calluses and corns. In combination with soda, it allows you to effectively exfoliate your feet at home.
Recipe for rough feet is as follows:
- Laundry soap rubbed on a coarse grater.
- Crushed laundry soap (2 tablespoons) is dissolved in hot water (2 l).
- Soda is added to the resulting solution (2 tablespoons).
- Legs are immersed in the prepared bath for 40 minutes.
- The upper layer of the epithelium is removed from the steamed skin and a nourishing cream is applied.
After the procedure, it is recommended to wear cottonsocks.
Coffee peeling for smooth legs
After using a foot bath that allows you to steam your feet well, it will be effective to use an exfoliating scrub, the effect of which can be compared with various acids. A product consisting of large particles resembling sea s alt or sand in structure is applied to cleansed skin with massage movements for 5 minutes. After that, the scrub is washed off in warm water, and a nourishing cream is applied to the legs. Home peeling of the legs can be done using products that are familiar to every woman. One of the most effective remedies is ground coffee.
So, for foot peeling you will need ground coffee of medium grinding (1 tablespoon), sea s alt (1 teaspoon) and 30 ml of olive or any other vegetable oil (corn, almond, peach). All ingredients are mixed well, after which the resulting scrub is applied to the legs, massaged for 3 minutes, and washed off after another 2 minutes. As a result of the procedure, the legs become more tender and smooth.
Tomato peeling recipe for rough feet
The following foot scrub recipe is 50% acidic and 50% mechanical. Everything is explained very simply. When preparing the scrub, a ripe tomato containing active acids and medium-grinding sea s alt are used. The first component acts as a means of softening the rough skin of the heels, corns, corns, and the second tool makes it easy to exfoliate the stratum corneumepidermis. All this is achieved thanks to the active massage movements with which the scrub is applied to the skin.
Tomato foot peeling involves mixing the pulp of chopped tomato (without the skin) and a tablespoon of sea s alt. The homemade scrub is designed for one application, and it should be repeated no more than twice a week.
Citrus Foot Peeling Technology
The effect of this type of peeling is the action of fruit acids on the skin. The upper layer of the epidermis is destroyed by acid, after which it must be removed using mechanical means (pumice stone or foot brushes).
Citrus peeling at home is very simple: just take 1 large orange (grapefruit or 2 tangerines) and chop it right with the peel in a meat grinder, after removing all the seeds. Apply the resulting mass with massage movements on the skin and leave for 7 minutes. After that, the orange mass is washed off the feet in warm water, and the feet themselves are moistened with cream.
Peeling for feet, according to women, is an effective remedy for combating the stratum corneum, calluses and corns. However, not all means in this case will be effective. For example, fish will not cope with serious problems, but chemical peeling, including socks with an acid solution, will be most effective in this case. Homemade foot scrubs help quite well, allowing you to get rid of cracks, rough skin and others in a short period of time.foot troubles.