Removal of excess hair from the face or body at the moment is almost the only procedure that is practiced by eight out of ten women. Even the statistics on the use of decorative cosmetics among the adult female population lags behind these indicators by several percent. Naturally, methods for getting rid of unwanted hairs do not stand still. But, like many years ago, wax depilation remains the most popular (after shaving, which has bothered everyone). Reviews of the modern salon procedure and its traditional "home" counterparts, read on.
All the benefits of waxing
Studying the course of the procedure before the first experience of hair removal with this method, it seems that the pros and cons of a not too pleasant process and a satisfactory result are equally divided. Reviews about wax depilation are so contradictory that opponents come to an agreement only at the final point of disagreement, namely, the effect of the procedure is really high, incomparable either with shaving or with the work of an electricepilator.
Let's try to analyze all the "for" statements that can be considered undeniable:
- The technique is available in the salon presentation, if the speed of hair regrowth does not force you to contact the master twice a month - then it will seem expensive.
- The skin remains smooth after waxing and for at least two more weeks. Wax strips for depilation (reviews from the network) give a less guarantee, but they are convenient to use at home.
- With regular procedures, the hairs on the treated areas become thinner, and after a few years the hair follicles degrade completely.
- The procedure promotes the renewal of the epidermis by removing old dead cells that accumulate around the follicles.
- The speed of depilation of individual parts of the body varies from only 20 to 40 minutes, and a complete depilation (hairy areas on the legs, arms, bikini, above the upper lip) will take only one and a half to two hours.
- This is completely safe when it comes to a salon procedure, and minimally risky when done at home - the components of the wax mass will not cause allergies for sure, but burns are excluded only with a competent approach to the hot removal method. Cold or warm methods are safe even with the most amateurish approach.
Unfortunately, all the benefits of the procedure negate the wrong skin care after waxing. Reviews of irritations that have not gone away for a long time, ingrown hairs, unpleasant itching - all this is nothing more than the consequences of an illiterate approach to caring for tenderrenewed skin after the procedure. Pay close attention to this process, and most of the negative points listed in the following list will not affect you.
All the cons of waxing
Voxation is done on various parts of the body, and, of course, there are areas where pain causes severe discomfort - we are talking about wax depilation of the face (read the reviews about the procedure and its course in detail below) or the "bikini" zone. You will have to put up with this discomfort - the salon master will make every effort to reduce pain when removing the frozen mass, but it will not be possible to completely avoid negative emotions. This is one of the disadvantages of the procedure, which is considered the main one. Other disadvantages include such moments:
- Only hairs longer than 0.4 cm are correctly removed, which means that within 4-6 days after the follicles begin to germinate, it will be impossible to correct the situation.
- If the procedure is performed according to all the rules, then the redness at the site of waxing disappears after a few hours. However, girls with particularly sensitive skin sometimes have to deal with two to three days of irritation.
- Often in the reviews, bikini waxing is called the record holder for the number of ingrown hairs, and this is true if you do not follow one simple rule - the regular use of gentle body scrubs.
- Inattention to the composition of the finished wax paste sometimes leads to an allergic reaction, but avoiding this is very simple - you need to study wellcomponent set of each of the proposed masses and choose the one that does not contain allergens.
- During home procedures, errors are possible in the preparation of the substance, which is then difficult to remove from the skin.
- For a whole day after using the depilatory product, the treated skin should not be exposed to direct sunlight, creams, tanning sprays or any perfume should not be applied to it.
And yet, the master will refuse to depilate if the alleged place of hair removal shows: rashes, purulent formations, protruding veins, fresh abrasions, cuts, bruises, papillomas and large relief moles. This applies to any type of waxing procedure. The reviews of many experts add to this list one more item that is not specified in the list of prohibitions, but which is undesirable - this is heavily tanned skin. The fact is that after the procedure, the epidermis brightens by 1-2 tones, and a sharp difference between the treated and untreated surfaces may look unaesthetic.
Varieties of wax for the procedure
In the salon, when choosing a depilation method, the master offers to choose from three options for the procedure:
- Hot method - the wax mass for this method is made up of resins from coniferous tree species and petroleum distillation products. Often, the composition of the hot substance contains natural oils, which are especially relevant when removing hair on the delicate skin of the face.
- Warm way - in bulk forpine resins are also present in the quick-cooling agent, but natural beeswax is also necessarily added. This method is one of the most optimal for home use - properly cooked pasta fits well, does not flow, cools quickly and does not leave burns.
- The cold method is the most painful, but due to its availability, it is the most commonly used for self-depilation. The effect lasts for a relatively short time - about a week. This method does not require melting the wax mass or making it from scratch - the right amount of product is already applied to special strips available for sale.
You should pay more attention to the recommendations of experts on wax strips for depilation in the bikini area. The reviews of most salon masters are very categorical against the use of a cold method of hair removal in this highly sensitive area - due to severe pain and a high percentage of remaining hairs.
When the procedure is contraindicated
In addition to the features of the skin relief, which were mentioned above, a good master will be forced to refuse to perform the procedure under the following circumstances:
- presence of herpes infection;
- allergic to one or more ingredients of the formulation;
- warts, hanging moles, capillary vasculature close to the surface of the skin;
- porous, acne prone skin;
- current illness associated with elevated body temperature.
In addition, the master mustyou need to report a diabetic disease, if any, problems with blood clotting, a low pain threshold. You should not come to the procedure if menstrual bleeding began on the appointed day or if you are pregnant at any time.
Preparation for hair removal
To minimize the discomfort that accompanies the procedure in any case, you can start with simple calculations related to the hormonal activity of the body, which is known to be very sensitive to any tactile manifestations on certain days. The most optimal days for any depilation will be 4 or 5 days from the last day of menstruation, and the best time of the day is from two in the afternoon to five in the evening. It is strongly not recommended to carry out the procedure during menstruation, as well as three days before it and within three days after it - during this period, women become more sensitive, and the body can respond to a rough intervention with a strong pain reaction.
Preparation for the hair removal procedure should begin 4-5 days before the scheduled date. First of all, you need to make sure that there are no injuries or painful formations in the selected area, then begin to gently cleanse the skin with scrubs, and this applies not only to the face, but also to the legs and groin.
Two or three days before the procedure, you should limit exposure to the sun, do not apply self-tanning products to the body, do not eat foods rich in carotene - carrot juice, for example. need in advancedecide on the choice of procedure, what type of wax - hot, warm or cold, is planned to be processed. Make a test if the depilation will be carried out for the first time.
When going for depilation of facial areas, you do not need to apply makeup, on the contrary, it is advisable to clean your face as much as possible and even steam it the day before, after deep peeling (without mechanical cleaning). If wax depilation of the legs is planned, the reviews of girls with a low pain threshold will come in handy - an hour before the procedure itself, they recommend taking an anesthetic pill and be sure to make sure that the master also performs local anesthesia.
Depilation of the bikini zone - secrets and features
The groin area and the area between the buttocks - the bikini area - are called the most traumatic. It is better not to carry out such a procedure on your own or, if you still decide, do not use the hot wax application technique, otherwise the consequences of the inept use of a burning substance can be deplorable.
What you need to know before going for a procedure?
- The length of regrown hairs should be at least 0.4 cm. The exception is the procedure for using wax strips for depilation. Reviews of cosmetologists amend that in this case, 1.5 mm of the length of the regrown hair is enough.
- The salon you go to must use an individual disposable bag with tools for each individual client - the package must be opened when the clientjust before the procedure.
- You need to discuss the moment of anesthesia with the master in advance - it is possible that the salon uses products that are not suitable for you, and you will have to apply the right ointment at home.
- You should not, when going for a wax depilation of the bikini zone (reviews of the girls eloquently speak about this), wear tight jeans, shorts or lace underwear. After hair removal, rubbing against synthetic fabric or clothing that restricts movement will bring a lot of unpleasant minutes.
When you come home after depilation, immediately apply a suitable product that stops the rapid growth of hair.
How hot wax bikini waxing works
What will happen in the beautician's office and what do you need to be prepared for? First of all, even if the client has performed an independent peeling of the problem area, the specialist will still duplicate the exfoliation with a special composition based on fruit acids or another effective remedy. Then, if the method of hair removal with hot wax is chosen, the master will heat up the wax paste and quickly distribute the required amount of the substance with a spatula along the predetermined perimeter of the pubic area. When the wax has cooled, the beautician will remove the solidified substance with a sharp movement against hair growth.
How to use wax strips in the bikini area
If you decide to use wax strips for depilation "bikini", reviews of experienced "victims" of fashion and beauty will help you in choosing the best product. The procedure can be carried out independently at home, for which you will first need to buy a suitabledepilation kit, and then do the following:
- Remove the finished strips from the package and cut them into pieces corresponding to the size of the problem areas.
- Each strip is heated according to the instructions - between the palms for at least 10 seconds.
- After heating, the tape quickly separates into a sticky part and a protective part.
- The sticky side should be firmly attached to the desired area of the skin and smooth it well along the growth of hairs.
- After a few minutes, the wax will cool down and the tape will break off with one strong movement against hair growth.
Be sure to use a soothing cream after hair removal is complete.
Choosing wax strips
Which depilatory wax strips have consumer reviews identified as the best? First of all, you will have to choose from two options - disposable (preferred) and reusable. The reusable option will help save money, but will oblige you to some additional actions, such as buying wax or preparing it. Disposable, made in a simple paper version, offer a fast and reliable process with maximum convenience, as the manufacturer often invests in the packaging and the necessary care products for the treated area.
Let's call those wax strips for bikini depilation, reviews of which are more often found in a positive way:
- VEET strips are available in three lines: for normal (with shea butter), sensitive (with almond oil) and dry (with aloe vera) skin. The manufacturer guarantees smooth skin formonths and a feeling of comfort immediately after the procedure.
- BYLY strips include a wide range of not only the degree of sensitivity of the epidermis, but also the trends inherent in age. The most gentle effect promises a set for young skin, which is based on the innovation of "tins".
- CLIVEN strips are produced exclusively for sensitive epidermis and not only remove unwanted hairs, but also take care of the skin, saturating it with the power of jojoba and almond oils.
By the way, CLIVEN is named the best wax strips for facial depilation. Reviews of this product have collected more grateful votes.
How to make wax at home
Many women who do not consider it necessary to go to a waxing salon consider the best strips (reviews and recipes taken from the forums) to be those that you can cook yourself. Here are two of the most popular recipes that have found a lot of fans among lovers of smooth skin:
- The following components are combined in a non-metallic container: beeswax (0.1 kg), paraffin (0.05 kg), rosin (0.2 kg). In a low-boiling water bath and with constant stirring, all components melt to a liquid state, then cool to a temperature that the skin can tolerate. The finished substance is applied to a fabric strip of the desired size and used.
- For especially thin and delicate skin, a mixture of two waxes is used - take 0.35 kg of carnauba wax, 0.15 kg of bee wax. Both waxes meltin a water bath, and at the end of cooking, a tablespoon of glycerin and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil are added to the mass. This mixture can be applied to the skin, cooling to 37-40 0C.
Don't be embarrassed if there is a lot of finished pasta left - the mass is well stored frozen in the refrigerator, and if necessary, the right amount of solid is separated from the common piece, heated and used for its intended purpose.