How often has it happened that you want to renew the color of your nails, you pick up your favorite polish, open it and realize that it has irretrievably dried up. But, it would seem that he was bought quite recently. But do not worry, any problem is fixable, and this one is no exception. The main thing is to know how to dilute nail polish. And if you are not aware of such tricks, then this article is just for you.
Causes of drying up
Bringing the varnish to such a state is not at all tricky, and this has happened to everyone. The banal and main cause of annoying trouble is the violated expiration date. However, different varnishes react to such non-compliance with the rules with their own characteristics.
Some thicken, others delaminate, so that you can see a transparent water on top and the bulk of the coating at the bottom of the bottle, and still others completely change color, decorating themselves with stains. Of course, that doesn’t make it any easier and the essence of their difference does not change. In this case, it’s better not to suffer from playing chemist and not guess, than to dilute the thickened varnish, but simply throw out the ill-fated tube.
The second reason could be a simplesloppiness. Somewhere they were in a hurry, someone distracted, and now the tube is not completely closed, and the result is air ingress and drying of the coating. Always make sure the bottle is tightly closed.
Sometimes the lacquer dries out because too much has accumulated on the neck. Before applying the coating on the nails, many, doing it right, remove the excess from the brush. They do not always get inside the tube, but remain on the walls, which leads to the fact that the lid does not close with sufficient density. The result of this is predictable.
By the way, the cost of nail polish also matters. The cheaper the coating, the greater the risk that it will thicken ahead of time.
How not to bring it to this?
For example, look for tips on how to dilute nail polish, it's too early for you - it's fresh and the expiration date is still far away. But it would not hurt to know how to prevent this trouble. There are not too many recommendations, and all of them, in general, are easy to implement.
- Observe the temperature regime. Cold adversely affects the properties of varnish, turning it into toffee. Therefore, it is best if your favorite bottle is on your bedside table or chest of drawers at room temperature.
- We all want our polish to dry quickly. There are many tricks for this. And special compositions, and cold air, and a jet of water. By the way, the second leads not only to the fact that the coating dries faster on the nails. If you are a fan of painting your nails in front of an open window, especially in cool weather, then be prepared for the fact thattogether with an unpleasant odor, the necessary consistency will also disappear, which facilitates application. Of course, the coating will not dry out from one such test, but the constant use of this method will adversely affect it. Therefore, it is better to immediately take care of the absence of drafts than to look for options later than to dilute the nail polish.
- Shake the bottle from time to time. The movement of the molecules will prevent it from being stagnant, and therefore from thickening.
- Use and reuse varnishes. Just sitting on a shelf won't help. Do not be afraid that each new discovery will gradually drain it. Milk does not spoil from the fact that we opened the package a couple of times in the heat. It's the same with varnish. Oxygen in small doses is more useful to him than harmful.
- No sunshine. By the way, most beauty products do not like ultraviolet, and varnish is no exception.
Basic methods of varnish resuscitation
There are not so many options for what can be done with dried or thickened varnish, but they exist, and with proper use, even a hopelessly damaged beauty product can be revived. The tools used can be both improvised and specially purchased. But first things first. How to dilute nail polish at home?
Turn up the heat
This is more of a quick and ineffective way to dilute the dried varnish right here and now. For example, when you have already painted most of your nails andThere is no time to redo everything. All you need is a bowl of warm water or, if you don't have it, your palms. Yes, yes, human heat is quite enough to stir up the molecules and make them move more strongly, and therefore make the varnish thinner. Roll the tube in your hands, rub it and continue your nail experiments.
Nail polish remover
This method is more efficient than the previous one. And, although it may seem absurd, but a couple of drops of what usually splits the entire varnish can make it thinner. However, there are also side effects. For example, the color may delaminate, and then you have to constantly restore it with various shaking and shaking. This usually happens if the nail polish remover contains acetone. Therefore, be careful. And another disadvantage is the fact that if your hand trembled and instead of a couple of drops of this miracle remedy you added a dozen, then the varnish is irretrievably damaged. It will become too liquid and will spread over the nail like colored water without drying out.
By the way, if you don't have a corrective fluid on hand, you can always use clear nail polish or any other more liquid similar shade. Just gently mix the contents of the new and old bottle, and the latter will acquire its former properties. By the way, it is not necessary to add new varnish to the old one, but vice versa. Its amount depends on the desired shade. If you want a brighter color, then use as manyold varnish, how much you can pour. And if it is paler, then a couple of drops will be enough.
It's best to stop trying to figure out the perfect thinning chemistry on your own and buy a special nail polish thinner. Its secret is that the composition is identical to the ingredients used in the coating itself. However, it will acquire special effectiveness if it matches the brand of varnish. Of course, this is not mandatory, but rather desirable, but it is worth paying attention to.
Of the minuses - the thinner has a too pungent smell, similar to gasoline. But for the sake of beauty, you can endure. Of the pluses - it is very economical, since the volume of its bottle is identical to a jar of varnish, but it only takes a couple of drops. Therefore, the tool turns out to be very convenient and practical, and most importantly, 100% effective.
Puzzling over how to dilute your nail polish, first think about how long-lasting effect you expect. If the coating has already outlived its usefulness and is preparing to be thrown out, then, of course, it is not worth spending money on expensive solvents. You can always get by with improvised means. But if you have accumulated a dozen of your favorite bottles that will delight your nails with rich color more than once, then a professional tool is an ideal and in this case an economical option.