In the world for skin rejuvenation, there is an effective and more effective remedy than ice, and less dangerous than the intervention of a plastic surgeon, even an experienced one. We are talking about a popular professional cosmetic product - an alginate mask. It is used both for the face and for the body and even hands! But first things first.
Sources of alginates
The healing properties of brown seaweed have been known since ancient India and China. They are most often found in sea waters with cold currents.
Their value in the production of cosmetics is due to the presence of alginic acid in the composition, whose s alts have the ability to bind a large number of H2O molecules. As a result, a substance with a gel-like texture is formed, consisting of the following components:
- mineral elements.
The listed components not only moisturize and nourish, but also contribute to the metabolic processes in the skin. In addition, alginateshave antibacterial and antiseptic properties, tighten the dermis, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, narrow pores and increase the flow of O2 into the skin.
No land plant has this gel-like substance. Thus, brown algae are unique. No less important is the fact that their components almost never cause an allergic reaction.
As mentioned earlier, the mask is based on alginic acid and its s alts. These components nourish, rejuvenate the deep layer of the epidermis and stimulate the body's production of collagen.
Another basic element is diatomite - a rock that consists of the remains of algae. The substance is known for its adsorbing properties, for which it is actively used in cosmetology to improve the quality of hair, nails and skin.
The composition of ready-made masks also includes:
- Chitosan - with dry skin perfectly retains moisture, nourishes and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Collagen - is responsible for elasticity, firmness and stimulates the renewal of the dermis. In addition, the substance corrects the contour of the face, smoothes wrinkles, eliminates post-acne, scars, and evens out the tone.
- Ginger root extract - tones, refreshes, removes age spots, restores a he althy glow to the skin.
- Vitamin C - strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Hyaluronic acid.
Reviews of alginate masks of cosmetologists and dermatologists recommend to further enhance the effect and improvefacial skin conditions add herbal supplements: green tea, chamomile, aloe.
Due to the presence of vitamins and minerals, the remedy:
- increases elasticity and firmness;
- enriches the skin with beneficial elements;
- smoothes fine lines and prevents new ones;
- retains moisture;
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels;
- reduces existing inflammation;
- cleanses and then tightens pores;
- promotes the activation of metabolic processes;
- has a lifting effect;
- breaks down body fat;
- removes toxic substances;
- improves complexion;
- prevents allergic reactions.
According to reviews, alginate masks can be used for any skin type: they are effective for both normal, combination, dry, oily, and aging dermis.
As mentioned earlier, to increase the effectiveness of the procedure, additional components are added to the composition of the products, with the help of which various skin problems are solved.
There are the following types of alginate masks:
- Basic/classic. Tones, tightens and provides deep hydration. The most common ingredients are sodium alginate and whey/mineral water.
- Rejuvenating. It is based on collagen. According to reviews, this type of alginate mask fights dermal aging and signs of aging.
- Moisturizing. A helper component in a toolchlorophyll serves - a real salvation for skin prone to peeling. The mask nourishes the dermis, evens out the contour, accelerates the metabolic process and perfectly tones.
- Regulating. The main task of the product is to reduce the production of sebum, prevent inflammation, and narrow pores. Judging by the reviews, the Libriderm alginate mask has all of the listed properties. It is perfect for problematic oily skin. Also, the sebum-regulating agent soothes the dermis and eliminates excess shine.
- Corrective. Designed to correct aesthetic defects such as scars, age spots, acne, etc.
- Before using the mask, you need to thoroughly cleanse the skin: remove makeup, and apply a little oily cream on the eyebrows and eyelashes. You can also apply an emulsion, serum, or blend of essential oils at this stage.
- After the previous products are absorbed, an alginate mask is applied to the face. Reviews recommend diluting the powder immediately before use in a 1:1 ratio. The product must be kneaded without the formation of lumps and quickly applied to the face so that it does not freeze. The consistency of the finished mask in density should resemble sour cream. When distributing the product, use a spatula and move along the massage lines.
- After 10-15 minutes, the product will harden, decrease in volume and become like rubber. After half an hour, the mask can be easily removed in the form of a plastic cast.
- At the final stage, when the face feels comfortable, the skinmust be wiped with tonic.
A few tips
- First you need to prepare the face. For this procedure, it is recommended to use milk, cleansing gel or foam.
- The next step is toning. After it, cosmetologists advise applying serum to the face, as the alginate mask will enhance its effect.
- How to "save" eyebrows and eyelashes during the procedure? is one of the frequently asked questions. A quality product comes off well, but if in doubt, you can apply a small amount of oily cream.
- How often to apply an alginate mask? Reviews of cosmetologists recommend carrying out the procedure in courses up to 10 times.
- Contraindications. As mentioned earlier, the substances that make up the composition almost never cause an allergic reaction. However, with an exacerbation of chronic diseases, dermatologists recommend stopping use for a while. Damage and open wounds are also a contraindication for use.
Anskin alginate masks: reviews, description
Anskin cosmetic products are made in Korea, where the main active ingredients are aloe (soothes) and green tea (rejuvenates and mattifies).
The most popular among customers are the following products:
1. Alginate mask with vitamin C Modeling Mask Vitamin-C Brightening & Moisturizing will give an impressive effect - the skin will tighten, moisturize, acquire an even tone, become smooth, fresh and velvety. As you know, vitamin C is the most powerful antioxidant that suppressesnegative effects of free radicals. It is especially necessary for residents of megacities, where the air is polluted with substances that are very harmful to the skin. Therefore, Modeling Mask Vitamin-C Brightening & Moisturizing is the right solution to saturate the dermis with useful components. Vitamin C, which is part of the mask, does not cause an allergic reaction, does not break down when interacting with liquids and high temperatures, is quickly absorbed, penetrates through the lipid layer and reaches its site of action.
2. Alginate mask with charcoal Modeling Mask Charcoal Oil Control & Pore Management. Skin with enlarged pores needs careful daily care, and unfortunately, many people know about this problem firsthand. Charcoal powder, which is part of the mask, in addition to rejuvenating properties, has a regenerating effect, improves the metabolic process and prevents oxidation at the cellular level.
3. Reviews about the alginate mask Modeling Mask Pearl Whitening & Moisturizing claim that this is a powerful anti-aging agent with a whitening effect. It is impossible not to agree with this, because it contains pearl powder, which has long been used in oriental medicine. A completely natural component is a complex of amino acids with a high content of calcium and trace elements. Powder obtained from freshwater pearls has the following properties:
- improves circulation;
- reduces wrinkles;
- reduces puffiness;
- mattes and evens tone;
- eliminates hyperpigmentation;
- regulates water balance.
4. Modeling Mask Green Tea For Balance & Calming is suitable for all skin types, but is especially recommended for oily, flabby, dull and sluggish dermis. The active component of the alginate mask is green tea - a natural antioxidant that slows down the aging process. It is also known for other properties:
- neutralizes the action of free radicals;
- prevents cell oxidation;
- caffeine in green tea nourishes the dermis, relieves swelling, removes toxins and improves blood microcirculation;
- has an antibacterial effect;
- destroys and inhibits the reproduction of fungal diseases/bacteria;
- dries out inflammation;
- cleanses and tightens pores;
- evens tone.
Reviews of the Korean alginate mask based on green tea confirm that the first results are noticeable after 1-2 procedures: the skin becomes velvety, fresh and clean.
5. Modeling Mask Aloe Sensitive Skin & Soothing for sensitive skin has a soothing, wound healing, bactericidal effect. The active ingredient in the mask is aloe vera, which:
- moisturizes and softens;
- eliminates peeling;
- cleanses pores;
- helps clear up acne;
- increases skin elasticity.
In addition, the component performs protective functions, as it prevents penetration into the deeper layers of fungal infections and bacteria.
Except for alginate,The active ingredient in Libriderm products is hyaluronic acid, which is recognized as one of the most powerful moisturizers. This means that the masks listed below (except for sebum-regulating) are perfect for owners of dry skin.
1. Librederm Anti-Aging Line Collagen Rejuvenating Alginate Mask.
- alginate is a polysaccharide of natural origin, extracted from kelp seaweed. Has antibacterial properties, improves metabolism and enhances lymphatic drainage;
- galactoarabinan - counteracts the signs of aging, evens out tone, gives the skin elasticity and radiance;
- collagen is the most important structural protein of connective tissue.
Reviews of the alginate face mask from "Libriderm" are mostly positive. Customers claim that the product has a powerful tightening effect, moisturizes, smoothes fine wrinkles, and improves tone. Also, after the course of application of the product, the water balance is restored, the elasticity of the skin increases and the pores narrow.
2. Librederm Serazin Sebo-Regulating Alginate Mask.
- diatomaceous earth - fights acne/inflammation;
- algin - bacteriostatin that moisturizes the skin, stimulates cell renewal, creates a film with protective properties and a tightening effect;
- sulfur - eliminates inflammation and blocks the formation of pustules;
- agar - improves barrier properties, draws dirt out of pores;
- organic zinc - leadsnormal sebum synthesis.
Reviews on the alginate mask "Libriderm" noted that the product has an intense anti-inflammatory and drying effect. To achieve the maximum effect, customers recommend undergoing a course of treatment: 10 masks twice a week.
3. Librederm Hyaluronic Alginate Mask ultra Moisturizing.
- hyaluronic acid - essential for moisture retention;
- Easyliance - Highly hydrolyzed acacia resin biopolymer that tightens skin and reduces wrinkles;
- spirulina - saturates the dermis with minerals and vitamins.
What effect does the alginate hyaluronic mask from "Libriderm" have? Feedback from customers noted that the product is suitable for regular use, makes the skin of the face soft, refreshes and improves elasticity.
Korean brand products, in addition to alginate, contain a whole range of useful ingredients: proteins, folic acid, polysaccharides, mineral elements. Thanks to such a rich composition, La Miso masks remove toxins, intensively moisturize, have a lifting effect, soothe irritated dermis and protect it from loss of elasticity.
According to reviews, La Miso alginate masks based on red ginseng (for mature skin), lavender (with a smoothing effect) and activated charcoal (narrows and cleanses pores)are in great demand among domestic consumers.
Plastifying product enriched with white and green clay for oily and problematic skin. In addition, the active ingredients are ocean algae, which have an antioxidant, soothing effect, and tighten pores.
According to the reviews, the Belita alginate mask is not the only product in this category. The Belarusian company also produces similar products for hands. Among all the options presented, women single out a face mask after hygienic cleaning.
Buyers leave a lot of positive comments indicating that the results obtained correspond to those declared by the manufacturer. The mask is also recommended for home use by experts.
The only drawback of the product is that it dries quickly.
Sheri is another cosmetic brand that delights us with a wide range of alginate hyaluronic masks. Customer reviews also praise the mint-bamboo charcoal pore reducer.
Overall, the product from Shary provides an express hydration and, judging by the comments, it does an excellent job. The tool instantly hydrates the epidermis, erases signs of fatigue, evens out tone, eliminates inflammation and, most importantly, smoothes wrinkles.
Also, the active substance in the mask is betaine - a componentenhances metabolism and promotes the retention of H2O molecules at the cellular level.
Alginate mask: reviews of cosmetologists and dermatologists
Specialists are convinced that the occurrence of an allergic reaction to any component of the product is extremely rare. This is evidenced by negative test results before and after the procedure.
Cosmetologists explain the hypoallergenicity of the mask by the naturalness of its elements, the presence of proteins, vitamins, minerals and, most importantly, their competent ratio.
In the case of self-cooking, experts warn: add the ingredients in the quantities indicated according to the instructions or purchase the finished product in the form of a powder and dilute with water.
According to reviews, the alginate face mask is suitable for any type of skin, and after completing the full course, the cells are saturated with oxygen, which significantly improves the condition of the dermis.
The only reasons that can reduce the effectiveness of the product are improper application and incorrect composition.